What's new

Unmanned Convenience Store In Shanghai 无人便利商店上海亮相

Why not get chipped? 100% safety and zero chance to escape, 24/7 big brother watching after you and taking care for you. With the chip in your body, the gov. will tell you when need to go to the doctor or if have eaten too much sugar and when you don't change your eating habit, the gov. might punish you for your misbehaviour, e.g. switching off the banking function of the chip for a week. That way, all people will become perfect citizens. If you still misbehave and after the third warning, they swich on the little cyanide capsule in the chip. :enjoy:

Why did you quote me again?

But the question remains bro, why should people bother to steal almost worthless grocery?

Why do people shoplift? Well, there are kleptomaniacs who enjoy the thrill from stealing, there are also people who want to steal to resell merchandise

So what happens if the thief wears a mask and changes clothes?

China is not India or Indonesia.
Where people dare enough to steal a bottle of soft drink with risk going to the Jail.

By the way, mask doesn't works in here.
Before you can get inside the shop, you need to fill your data and make an account in their app first, then you scan barcode in the front door with your smartphone.

If you still dare enough to steal a bottle of softdrink, you will get arrested soon, easily by the police.

Maybe as soon as you drop an item in a bag without scanning the QR code the doors shut and you are trapped? Might work in China, the Chinese are very law abiding by nature and mind their own business.

24-hour 'unmanned' convenience store opens in Shanghai
2017/06/15 ShanghaiDaily.com

View attachment 404649 View attachment 404646 View attachment 404647 View attachment 404650

A new pioneering, effective and cheaper convenience store has opened its doors in Shanghai. BingoBox, an unmanned 24-hour, self-service store, has been launched near the parking lot of Auchan Supermarket's Changyang Road shop in Yangpu District. It is the first BingoBox store in Shanghai.

The shop, which is more than 10 meters square, has no staff and customers can only enter the store if they scan a QR code on the door. Once you enter, the door locks behind you and shoppers can wander around unattended and purchase products on their own. The store is not large but it still features a great variety of goods, although BingoBox has emphasized quality rather than quantity to ensure all of its products remain fresh.

Another highlight of the store is that the goods in BingoBox are cheaper than those in other convenience stores. For example, a bag of Lay's potato chips costs 7 yuan in Family Mart (note: one of the leading convenience store chains) while costing only 5 yuan in BingoBox.

An exclusive label on each product allows the customer to calculate the price of each item at the electronic cashier and once the shopper has paid they can leave the store. It is possible to browse around the store without purchasing anything. A quick QR scan on the wall at the entrance will open the locked door. If anyone tries to leave the shop with any unpaid products an alarm is triggered at the door.

Customers need to be aware that they have to register via their mobile phone before they can use BingoBox.

A second BingoBox store in the city has been unveiled at the headquarters of RT-Mart.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/viral/...enience-store-opens-in-Shanghai/shdaily.shtml

It's really a nice concept :enjoy:
with automatically system like this, it's mean your cost is Lower than your competitors (no more wages for employees)

With a Lower Cost, that also mean you can Sell the same items cheaper than your competitor with the same Profit margins.

Really a big win for you from your competitor

Unmanned delivery robot providing batch package delivery service for the People's University in Beijing.:D

京东配送机器人完成全球首单 在人大校园里穿梭自如

2017-06-18 19:55:31

2017年6·18期间,京东配送机器人在中国人民大学完成首单配送任务。这是全球范围内的配送机器人的创新性第一单,今后以京东配送机器人、无人机、无人仓为代表的京东智慧物流体系全面落地投入运营。

20170618151811237.png

618期间,200多位记者、行业专家齐聚中国人民大学,现场目睹了京东配送机器人全球首单的任务执行。

京东配送机器人从人民大学的京东派出发,自如地穿梭在校园的道路间,自主规避障碍和往来的车辆行人,上午9点15分 京东配送机器人来到公共教学二楼,为正在楼内自习的李同学送去了订单。并通过京东APP、手机短信等方式提前5分钟通知她货物送达的消息,李同学输入提货码,配送机器人自动开启仓门,完成了618京东配送机器人的校园全球首单。

京东配送机器人是智慧物流体系中的终端,面对的配送场景非常复杂,需要应对各类订单配送的现场环境、路面、行人、交通工具以及用户的各类场景,采取及时有效并且正确的应对,需要配送机器人具备高度的智能化和自主学习的能力。

除了强大的硬件支持,使得机器人得以运行复杂的人工智能运算外,京东的自建物流体系下相对稳定成熟的实际应用场景,让京东配送机器人具备到实际场景中进行试错和不断调优的机会。

据悉,除了中国人民大学之外,首批京东配送机器人已经投入到清华大学、浙江大学、长安大学等著名高校内执行配送任务。目前,京东在全国设有1300个配送站点京东派,未来这些京东派的站点可能会陆续成为京东配送机器人的基地,为所在高校内的广大师生提供配送服务。

http://www.guancha.cn/economy/2017_06_18_413901.shtml

@TaiShang

Why do people shoplift? Well, there are kleptomaniacs who enjoy the thrill from stealing, there are also people who want to steal to resell merchandise
I don't see the point in shoplifting in a convenient shop where 2 yuan bottled water and 4 yuan cookie are sold.

Unmanned delivery robot providing batch package delivery service for the People's University in Beijing.:D

京东配送机器人完成全球首单 在人大校园里穿梭自如

2017年6·18期间,京东配送机器人在中国人民大学完成首单配送任务。这是全球范围内的配送机器人的创新性第一单,今后以京东配送机器人、无人机、无人仓为代表的京东智慧物流体系全面落地投入运营。

20170618151811237.png

京东配送机器人从人民大学的京东派出发,自如地穿梭在校园的道路间,自主规避障碍和往来的车辆行人,上午9点15分 京东配送机器人来到公共教学二楼,为正在楼内自习的李同学送去了订单。并通过京东APP、手机短信等方式提前5分钟通知她货物送达的消息,李同学输入提货码,配送机器人自动开启仓门,完成了618京东配送机器人的校园全球首单。

京东配送机器人是智慧物流体系中的终端,面对的配送场景非常复杂,需要应对各类订单配送的现场环境、路面、行人、交通工具以及用户的各类场景,采取及时有效并且正确的应对,需要配送机器人具备高度的智能化和自主学习的能力。

除了强大的硬件支持,使得机器人得以运行复杂的人工智能运算外,京东的自建物流体系下相对稳定成熟的实际应用场景,让京东配送机器人具备到实际场景中进行试错和不断调优的机会。

据悉,除了中国人民大学之外,首批京东配送机器人已经投入到清华大学、浙江大学、长安大学等著名高校内执行配送任务。目前,京东在全国设有1300个配送站点京东派,未来这些京东派的站点可能会陆续成为京东配送机器人的基地,为所在高校内的广大师生提供配送服务。

@TaiShang
Interesting.

京东配送机器人完成全球首单 在人大校园里穿梭自如

20170618151811237.png

@TaiShang

Students in many universities in Mainland China would be crazy excited about this. As far as I know, students in Mainland China are extremely tech savvy and often times they are too lazy to walk to the cafeteria, but just order via 饿了吗 or other services.

Another note, in delivery speed, accuracy and service, I believe JD has surpassed Taobao, but somehow, Taobao still more popular with students. :enjoy:

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be better to just have multiple vending machines instead?

Why not get chipped? 100% safety and zero chance to escape, 24/7 big brother watching after you and taking care for you. With the chip in your body, the gov. will tell you when need to go to the doctor or if have eaten too much sugar and when you don't change your eating habit, the gov. might punish you for your misbehaviour, e.g. switching off the banking function of the chip for a week. That way, all people will become perfect citizens. If you still misbehave and after the third warning, they swich on the little cyanide capsule in the chip. :enjoy:

Oh, those sweet chips.... all for your own good!

I guess becoming ownership-less will help Human Condition advance even further in the West, especially Europe...since we Europeans have such a social streak..

Nobody owns anything and pursues their interests...where everyone will be getting assured minimum income for the sake of equality. Whatever else you earn can go to the noble state for creating and maintaing equality and quality of our lives.

There was this Danish lady politician who was avid in such Utopian dream...futurist of sorts.

How about a chip in the brain for Plug & Play education and super knowledge.... A Brave, Beautiful World!

Students in many universities in Mainland China would be crazy excited about this. As far as I know, students in Mainland China are extremely tech savvy and often times they are too lazy to walk to the cafeteria, but just order via 饿了吗 or other services.

Another note, in delivery speed, accuracy and service, I believe JD has surpassed Taobao, but somehow, Taobao still more popular with students. For teachers, JD makes more sense because they can collect 自营发票 :enjoy:
JD is always more speedy. JD is B2C, similar to amazon.
Everyday outside any university's campus, hundreds of parcels are waiting...

Good suggestion. I liked that :enjoy:

Good suggestion. I liked that :enjoy:

First it was just the bad habit, e.g. smoking, sugar, junk food. Then it's about saving the environment, e.g. water and electricity usage or driving too much for fun. Heaven forbid to criticise anyone who has his/ her finger on the cyanide button and that person is not you. Btw, what is considered as critics is of course up to the person whose finger is next to that button. :enjoy:

I don't see the point in shoplifting in a convenient shop where 2 yuan bottled water and 4 yuan cookie are sold.

Interesting.
More importantly. Shoplifting can be prevented by technology. A person can only get in when his cellphone/card is detected with valid account. The moment he tries to get out the building. Everything he takes with him will automatically put into his "shopping cart" and be checked out. If the account balance doesn't cover the charge, the door won't open. etc, etc. That is just my guess.

Interesting.

You'll be surprised, there are always bad people who will abuse something if they feel they can get away with it

More importantly. Shoplifting can be prevented by technology. A person can only get in when his cellphone/card is detected with valid account. The moment he tries to get out the building. Everything he takes with him will automatically put into his "shopping cart" and be checked out. If the account balance doesn't cover the charge, the door won't open. etc, etc. That is just my guess.

Well in the video I saw someone scanning items, which I believe would be the checkout? I don't think the item automatically "scans" once you remove it from the shelf (?)

A thief can basically set up a new cellphone number with new WeChat account, go in wearing a mask, then throw as much merchandise as possible into a large bin bag and run out. I think the door locks if someone presses some sort of panic button.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom