What's new

Upgraded P-3C Maritime Surveillance Aircraft for Pakistan

Eagan, Minn., Jan. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) recently delivered two of seven upgraded P-3C maritime surveillance aircraft for the Islamic Republic of Pakistan under the U.S. Government's Foreign Military Sales program.

The most recent aircraft delivery occurred on Jan. 7 to the Naval Air Station in Jacksonville, Fla., for subsequent transfer to Pakistan. Lockheed Martin delivered the first plane in October 2009.

Lockheed Martin is upgrading the P-3Cs' aircraft and mission systems and providing maintenance under a 2006 contract from the U.S. Navy's Naval Air Systems Command. The aircraft support anti-ship and anti-submarine warfare missions and will enhance Pakistan's ability to conduct maritime surveillance in littoral and deep-water environments. The aircraft are designed to have a single integrated tactical picture of the battle space, drawing upon data from aircraft sensors and information from other platforms.

"These aircraft incorporate a variety of enhanced features including communications, electro-optic and infrared systems, data management, controls and displays, mission computers and acoustic processing," said Mike Fralen, director for Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Sensors' maritime surveillance programs.

The P-3 is the primary maritime patrol and reconnaissance aircraft operated by the U.S. Navy and 16 allied countries. Its roles include anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, surveillance and reconnaissance, search and rescue, drug interdiction, economic zone patrol, airborne early warning and electronic warfare.

Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 140,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2008 sales of $42.7 billion.

The 2nd P-3C maritime surveillance aircraft prepares for take off on Jan 7 to be delivered to the Naval Air Station in Jacksonville, Fla.
courtesy: Lockheed Martin

WASHINGTON, Jan 15 (APP): American security company Lockheed Martin has recently delivered two of seven upgraded P-3C maritime surveillance aircraft for Pakistan under the U.S. Government’s Foreign Military Sales program.The most recent aircraft delivery occurred on Jan 7 to the Naval Air Station in Jacksonville, Florida, for subsequent transfer to Pakistan. Lockheed Martin delivered the first plane in October 2009, the company said Thursday.

Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, the global security company is upgrading the P-3Cs’ aircraft and mission systems and providing maintenance under a 2006 contract from the U.S. Navy’s Naval Air Systems Command.

The aircraft support anti-ship and anti-submarine warfare missions and will enhance Pakistan’s ability to conduct maritime surveillance in littoral and deep-water environments. The aircraft are designed to have a single integrated tactical picture of the battle space, drawing upon data from aircraft sensors and information from other platforms.

‘These aircraft incorporate a variety of enhanced features including communications, electro-optic and infrared systems, data management, controls and displays, mission computers and acoustic processing,’ said Mike Fralen, director for Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Sensors’ maritime surveillance programs.

The P-3 is the primary maritime patrol and reconnaissance aircraft operated by the U.S. Navy and 16 allied countries. Its roles include anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, surveillance and reconnaissance, search and rescue, drug interdiction, economic zone patrol, airborne early warning and electronic warfare.

Lockheed Martin delivers first two upgraded P-3C Maritime Aircraft for Pakistan

WASHINGTON, Jan 15 (APP): American security company Lockheed Martin has recently delivered two of seven upgraded P-3C maritime surveillance aircraft for Pakistan under the U.S. Government’s Foreign Military Sales program.The most recent aircraft delivery occurred on Jan 7 to the Naval Air Station in Jacksonville, Florida, for subsequent transfer to Pakistan. Lockheed Martin delivered the first plane in October 2009, the company said Thursday.

Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, the global security company is upgrading the P-3Cs’ aircraft and mission systems and providing maintenance under a 2006 contract from the U.S. Navy’s Naval Air Systems Command.

The aircraft support anti-ship and anti-submarine warfare missions and will enhance Pakistan’s ability to conduct maritime surveillance in littoral and deep-water environments. The aircraft are designed to have a single integrated tactical picture of the battle space, drawing upon data from aircraft sensors and information from other platforms.

‘These aircraft incorporate a variety of enhanced features including communications, electro-optic and infrared systems, data management, controls and displays, mission computers and acoustic processing,’ said Mike Fralen, director for Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Sensors’ maritime surveillance programs.

How many times this news has been posted 8 times and members keep brining the same crap kindly before openening any thread read the recent threads highlight for GOD sake

so what others when we get and do they have same sort of sonar which P 8 have.

How many times this news has been posted 8 times and members keep brining the same crap kindly before openening any thread read the recent threads highlight for GOD sake

This news is from Jan 15th and I posted it the same day. I did a quick look around but didn't see it let alone find 8 other people had also posted it.

I am sorry this thread hurt you, will try to be more careful next time.

Here are some pics

da19624ee66d8d65f46bd3fb9379e28c._.jpg

4129ea1e435723c2939b868a5326e5f4._.jpg

and a nice chronological order of events between Pak and US relating to the P-3
Pakistan’s P-3 Orion Maritime Aircraft - and their Harpoons

I know an incident in which one of the Pakistan's P 3 orion aircraft crashed in 2001. Two of our very close family friends died in that incident .
I also know an incident when a Pakistani Reconisance aircraft Atlantic was shot down by India plus they also picked up the rubble from within Pakistani Territory and took it to India . Till date we haven't got that aircraft yet .

yes thats why so next time look around and than post the thraed this naval base thread is fool of P 3 c orion posts making me insane to look around the naval thread

I know an incident in which one of the Pakistan's P 3 orion aircraft crashed in 2001. Two of our very close family friends died in that incident .
I also know an incident when a Pakistani Reconisance aircraft Atlantic was shot down by India plus they also picked up the rubble from within Pakistani Territory and took it to India . Till date we haven't got that aircraft yet .

What do you mean by the bold part ???

The Indians shot down our Atlantic Aircraft within our own territory and took some part of the crashed rubble .The GOP didn't raised the issue with India . It happend way back in the late 90s...very old issue though ..

The Indians shot down our Atlantic Aircraft within our own territory and took some part of the crashed rubble .The GOP didn't raised the issue with India . It happend way back in the late 90s...very old issue though ..

I remember very well about the incident, even remember the news report which i heard on the radio while on my way to some place. It was shocking.

What else can you expect from the Indians. They had to take something to say Cheers and enjoy their act of cowardliness and non professionalism.

EAGAN, MINN: Lockheed Martin recently delivered two of seven upgraded P-3C maritime surveillance aircraft for the Islamic Republic of Pakistan under the U.S. Government's Foreign Military Sales program.

Interesting... is that a Sidewinder on that outer most pylon?

Back
Top Bottom