What's new

Urgent: All Pakistani defence enthusiasts should look into this!

why not simply ban wikipedia website outright. Its already banned in Russia and several other countries as well.

We will do it inshallah:
Let us divide our group into three parties:
A) Researchers and source providers
B) Wiki editors
C) Analyst

C will provide changed and flawed history ; A will provide correct sources from books and articles and B will be official members who will edit the inaccurate source and manipultated history.
Tell all members to email me at quartz@defence.pk and let us start working in this aspect.
Regards

Saqib Quyyam, a prominent Wikipedia editor in Pakistan who first pushed the ban (Calibri font) , told Haaretz that following the report's release there were numerous attempts to edit the page. "I was trying to remove the unverified information being added by anonymous people inside and outside of Pakistan. I nominated the page to be locked down due to the dispute," he explained. https://www.haaretz.com/

____

PROFILE: WIKIPEDIA’S PAKISTANI BOY WONDER
5a91e96572408.jpg

His pursuit has led to some unexpected discoveries. Qayyum claims he has caught a number of editors who have allegedly been paid to edit entries about politicians painting them in a good light. He says this is alarming because “it compromises the neutrality of the pages and, ultimately, Wikipedia.”

According to Qayyum, profiles on prominent Pakistani MPs such as cabinet members receive an enormous amount of traffic but, despite this, people generally do not edit them. And when they do, it’s usually problematic, not helpful. “Because anyone with internet access can add, delete or modify anything on Wikipedia, mischievous people will just vandalise the articles, with many adding slanderous and obscene comments,” says the gatekeeper of information.

He says it’s common for a page to be heavily tinkered with by trolls when a politician becomes embroiled in some controversy. Often, some profiles have become virtual battlegrounds, with users making unfounded claims. People often manipulate the pages for political purposes. Qayyum has created a watchlist to catch changes made on the thousands of pages that he has created, or is otherwise involved in.

And this is a tough part of his job. “Many people want to use Wikipedia as a political engine.” He admits editing can be particularly difficult for pages on prominent MPs, where either politically motivated opponents attempt to control the pages or the politician’s close aides do not like the version of the article he is curating. In many cases, he says, people who he does not want to name approached him and offered him some hard cash, but he declined. “Paid editing is not forbidden but it raises serious concerns about objectivity and compromises the neutrality of the project. For this reason, the practice is generally discouraged and frowned upon by the community and this is why I also very strongly disapprove it. I’ve made it a point to never try to solicit anyone to give me money. In fact, I often hunt down paid editors who contribute in a biased way and report them.”

Read full interview on the following link

_______

Get in touch with this guy & he is a senior member of board & I guess he manages S.asian & particularly Pakistan pages if I'm not wrong.... He'll be helpful in filtering out gangadeshi propaganda from Wikipedia pages... & Also try to fix the KhulbushanYadev page on Wikipedia, it's in favor of indians & all their propaganda & also add the quint article (about khulbushan) to wiki page...

Last edited:
we need to be more active and go on the offenisve, quora is an shithole full of gangadeshis while wikipedia is also shit but not much as we are fighting but no enough though.

@IceCold @Horus @django @WebMaster @HRK @Oscar @WebMaster @Kaptaan

We need to do something about it. Gangadeshi losers as trying to change the wikkipedia...just try to relate their attempt to change the history so these bastard slum dogs are doing in on purpose as a state or a national policy.
There are 5 of them versus one of you.. and those 5 are more venomous, hateful and downright pitiful hateful creatures than anyone of you could even stoop low to be.. so you are facing an uphill battle.

There are 5 of them versus one of you.. and those 5 are more venomous, hateful and downright pitiful hateful creatures than anyone of you could even stoop low to be.. so you are facing an uphill battle.

And, they have partnered with Islamophobes in the west. They back each other up so their evil "power" is more like 10x. With this partnership they exploit weakness of Wikipedia, which is "community" rules. (Not necessarily the truth.)

Mate, a small disciplined nation of 10 million Swedes is 100 times better than 1.25 billion of them...the key is discipline :)

Hello everyone,

This is a thread to bring your attention to something that is slipping under our radars. Recently, I have noticed that all the articles on wikipedia regarding Indo-Pak wars have been changed to "Indian victory" by Indians.

For example, Indo-Pak war of 1965 used to have result as "Stalemate" (which is the actual result of war)---However, now it says "Indian victory"....

So much so, that even individual battles that favored Pakistan have also been changed. For example, Battle of Chawinda used to be marked as "Pakistani victory" under results. However, today, it is marked as "indecisive"....

Lahore front has also been changed to "Indian victory"....

This is crucial for national morale and moral standing. Falsifying information on wikipedia is horrendous bc 90% of the audience who will look up about Indo-Pak conflicts will go to wikipedia for quick summary....whether its Pakistani students, indians, or some foreign student of South Asian studies. This should be brought into notice of relevant authorities/people that can correct this blatant agenda-pushing by indians.

Any wiki editors here or any programmers you know that can help?
Indians have also deleted all the sources that favored Pak or declared the result as stalemate--and instead of added ALL pro-India 'sources'...

Let's work on reversing this information onslaught on our national narrative. Pakistan Army's digital media cell should look into it as well.

@Kaptaan @Zarvan @Oscar @Horus @waz @Rashid Mahmood @Windjammer @farhan_9909 @Slav Defence @Hyperion @WebMaster @Stealth @ghazi52 @django @Zibago @Umair Nawaz @IceCold @Maarkhoor @Dazzler @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal Khan 777 @war&peace @HRK @araz @DESERT FIGHTER @fatman17 @Zaki @Irfan Baloch @Jango @CommandEleven @TaimiKhan @blain2 @balixd @Side-Winder @Bratva @The Deterrent @WAJsal @Donatello @abdulbarijan @Armstrong @Jungibaaz @notorious_eagle @niaz @The Eagle @Secur

Please tag others who might be helpful. I don't know alot of the usernames of relevant/senior people
dont worry about few insecure web users who suffer from lack of self esteem and inferiority complex
they believe also that they invaded and ruled Afghanistan and their country was never conquered or ruled by outsides so how would Pakistan have any chance in their logic

dont worry about few insecure web users who suffer from lack of self esteem and inferiority complex
they believe also that they invaded and ruled Afghanistan and their country was never conquered or ruled by outsides so how would Pakistan have any chance in their logic
Exactly. Too many books have been written on that conflict. Pakistan haters term it a defeat for Pakistan, and what can you expect from them. We all know that the war was a stalemate on the ground as objectives were not met by both armies. In the air it was a clear cut domination by the PAF. The naval aspect was inconsiquential. I've never held wiki in any esteem and don't consider it an authentic source on such subjects

Exactly. Too many books have been written on that conflict. Pakistan haters term it a defeat for Pakistan, and what can you expect from them. We all know that the war was a stalemate on the ground as objectives were not met by both armies. In the air it was a clear cut domination by the PAF. The naval aspect was inconsiquential. I've never held wiki in any esteem and don't consider it an authentic source on such subjects
Well .. Who launched WAR and what is objective of PA?

and What is last knows position? Kindly ready what is PM begged in UN , literally asking to stop India from over running PAK ... See his full speech...

Admins, this thread needs to be made private immediately so no one can link to this thread on Wikipedia. It will create a wrong impression that Pakistani wikipedians are recruiting supporters. And if you guys really want to sign up and start editing, I suggest you make this thread private immediately, otherwise Indian wikipedians will show this thread to admins to stop any new Pakistani editors from editing those articles. This is meat puppetry and is against wiki rules.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom