What's new

Urgent: All Pakistani defence enthusiasts should look into this!

I had discussed similar complains in think tank sanctums two years before.Not only changing Pakistani history, they are also manipulating Islamic related concept in Wikipedia.However, the good news is that top notch universities and colleges do not accept Wikipedia as valid source and forbid students to follow it any way around.
However, I was always saying and am still saying that Pakistan must develop strategy to use "soft power" wisely.This includes social media, movies, internet, cultural shows, embassy based diplomatic plans etc.
Pakistan must have her own social media cell and Pakistan must fund IT groups so that they can 24/7 work for the prosperity of Pakistan and ensure that their terms are fulfilled.
This is the responsibility of govt.However, when your prime minister his himself speaking against his own public and has no sense of self respect then how do you expect him to do any of such.

Hello everyone,

This is a thread to bring your attention to something that is slipping under our radars. Recently, I have noticed that all the articles on wikipedia regarding Indo-Pak wars have been changed to "Indian victory" by Indians.

For example, Indo-Pak war of 1965 used to have result as "Stalemate" (which is the actual result of war)---However, now it says "Indian victory"....

So much so, that even individual battles that favored Pakistan have also been changed. For example, Battle of Chawinda used to be marked as "Pakistani victory" under results. However, today, it is marked as "indecisive"....

Lahore front has also been changed to "Indian victory"....

This is crucial for national morale and moral standing. Falsifying information on wikipedia is horrendous bc 90% of the audience who will look up about Indo-Pak conflicts will go to wikipedia for quick summary....whether its Pakistani students, indians, or some foreign student of South Asian studies. This should be brought into notice of relevant authorities/people that can correct this blatant agenda-pushing by indians.

Any wiki editors here or any programmers you know that can help?
Indians have also deleted all the sources that favored Pak or declared the result as stalemate--and instead of added ALL pro-India 'sources'...

Let's work on reversing this information onslaught on our national narrative. Pakistan Army's digital media cell should look into it as well.

@Kaptaan @Zarvan @Oscar @Horus @waz @Rashid Mahmood @Windjammer @farhan_9909 @Slav Defence @Hyperion @WebMaster @Stealth @ghazi52 @django @Zibago @Umair Nawaz @IceCold @Maarkhoor @Dazzler @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal Khan 777 @war&peace @HRK @araz @DESERT FIGHTER @fatman17 @Zaki @Irfan Baloch @Jango @CommandEleven @TaimiKhan @blain2 @balixd @Side-Winder @Bratva @The Deterrent @WAJsal @Donatello @abdulbarijan @Armstrong @Jungibaaz @notorious_eagle @niaz @The Eagle @Secur

Please tag others who might be helpful. I don't know alot of the usernames of relevant/senior people
Just simply send your complain to ISPR official website.
https://www.ispr.gov.pk/writetous.php
Regards

Wikipedia has a serious ganga infestation, we do need a lot more Pakistani contributors there to counter these hyper keyboard warriors. I still remember when they threw a tantrum about Arabic numerals and used Wikipedia to invent the concept of Hindu-Arabic numerals. This term was completely unheard of before Wikipedia style revisionism.

These people are so incredibly insecure about their identity, they have to resort to horse shit like this to feel more confident.
In short it is not reliable.....register there and change the info...it is that easy...

I had discussed similar complains in think tank sanctums two years before.Not only changing Pakistani history, they are also manipulating Islamic related concept in Wikipedia.However, the good news is that top notch universities and colleges do not accept Wikipedia as valid source and forbid students to follow it any way around.
However, I was always saying and am still saying that Pakistan must develop strategy to use "soft power" wisely.This includes social media, movies, internet, cultural shows, embassy based diplomatic plans etc.
Pakistan must have her own social media cell and Pakistan must fund IT groups so that they can 24/7 work for the prosperity of Pakistan and ensure that their terms are fulfilled.
This is the responsibility of govt.However, when your prime minister his himself speaking against his own public and has no sense of self respect then how do you expect him to do any of such.

Just simply send your complain to ISPR official website.
https://www.ispr.gov.pk/writetous.php
Regards
ISPR also not accepted wiki as valid source hence no action required.

Quora and Wikipedia are ganga infested. The level of insecurity is too damn high. And now they've regular columns in their papers about IVC and it's connection to gangadesh.

Hello Mr Sidd.....my name Kevin...I am from Dumbai.....I mean mumbai...(sorry my head is shaking). No call centre problem

So when Indians say Yes We Can..... the rest of the world just says nah man they are shaking their heads, they aint serious lol

Hello everyone,

This is a thread to bring your attention to something that is slipping under our radars. Recently, I have noticed that all the articles on wikipedia regarding Indo-Pak wars have been changed to "Indian victory" by Indians.

For example, Indo-Pak war of 1965 used to have result as "Stalemate" (which is the actual result of war)---However, now it says "Indian victory"....

So much so, that even individual battles that favored Pakistan have also been changed. For example, Battle of Chawinda used to be marked as "Pakistani victory" under results. However, today, it is marked as "indecisive"....

Lahore front has also been changed to "Indian victory"....

This is crucial for national morale and moral standing. Falsifying information on wikipedia is horrendous bc 90% of the audience who will look up about Indo-Pak conflicts will go to wikipedia for quick summary....whether its Pakistani students, indians, or some foreign student of South Asian studies. This should be brought into notice of relevant authorities/people that can correct this blatant agenda-pushing by indians.

Any wiki editors here or any programmers you know that can help?
Indians have also deleted all the sources that favored Pak or declared the result as stalemate--and instead of added ALL pro-India 'sources'...

Let's work on reversing this information onslaught on our national narrative. Pakistan Army's digital media cell should look into it as well.

@Kaptaan @Zarvan @Oscar @Horus @waz @Rashid Mahmood @Windjammer @farhan_9909 @Slav Defence @Hyperion @WebMaster @Stealth @ghazi52 @django @Zibago @Umair Nawaz @IceCold @Maarkhoor @Dazzler @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal Khan 777 @war&peace @HRK @araz @DESERT FIGHTER @fatman17 @Zaki @Irfan Baloch @Jango @CommandEleven @TaimiKhan @blain2 @balixd @Side-Winder @Bratva @The Deterrent @WAJsal @Donatello @abdulbarijan @Armstrong @Jungibaaz @notorious_eagle @niaz @The Eagle @Secur

Please tag others who might be helpful. I don't know alot of the usernames of relevant/senior people

Are you new to wikipedia?

10-12 years ago there was this famous google term "Indians bragging on wikipedia". Now Indians have worked in last decade to wash it from google too.

Mate, in the previous pakistani defence forum back in 2005-2006, there were pakistani members who spent day and night editing wikipedia with references, but the "Indians bragging on wikipedia" stigma kept hitting them back.

So there was a reason that forums like Pak def, old pakistani defence forum and this defence.pk were brought up.

@IceCold @Horus @django @WebMaster @HRK @Oscar @WebMaster @Kaptaan

We need to do something about it. Gangadeshi losers as trying to change the wikkipedia...just try to relate their attempt to change the history so these bastard slum dogs are doing in on purpose as a state or a national policy.
We had a member who shared this with me 6, 7 years back. At that time we decided to work on this, shared it in TT group as well if anyone can remember??? We did edited a couple of pages but that is it.

May be we should restart that project?

In short it is not reliable.....register there and change the info...it is that easy...

ISPR also not accepted wiki as valid source hence no action required.
Do not jump to conclusion unless you don't try.Complain your concern first.Whether ISPR accept it as source or not, they are aware that causually people do check this website out.

File it to ISPR

Whether ISPR accept it as source or not, they are aware that causually people do check this website out.
I did check in past but not for wiki and they replied they are not concerned about online blogs and websites until unless they are official news agencies or press.
Regards,

Do not jump to conclusion unless you don't try.Complain your concern first.Whether ISPR accept it as source or not, they are aware that causually people do check this website out.

File it to ISPR
We had a member who shared this with me 6, 7 years back. At that time we decided to work on this, shared it in TT group as well if anyone can remember??? We did edited a couple of pages but that is it.

May be we should restart that project?
We need a concerted effort. It would be great if we can make a group and we can have a private group discussion. I mostly used to edit/add computer science related articles during my MS but it was more than 5 yrs ago.

We need a concerted effort. It would be great if we can make a group and we can have a private group discussion. I mostly used to edit/add computer science related articles during my MS but it was more than 5 yrs ago.
We will do it inshallah:
Let us divide our group into three parties:
A) Researchers and source providers
B) Wiki editors
C) Analyst

C will provide changed and flawed history ; A will provide correct sources from books and articles and B will be official members who will edit the inaccurate source and manipultated history.
Tell all members to email me at quartz@defence.pk and let us start working in this aspect.
Regards

We will do it inshallah:
Let us divide our group into three parties:
A) Researchers and source providers
B) Wiki editors
C) Analyst

C will provide changed and flawed history ; A will provide correct sources from books and articles and B will be official members who will edit the inaccurate source and manipultated history.

Regards
You can count me in despite I'm busy these days but still I will spare some time for it.
We have a lot of able senior members so they can all be a great help. Experienced members can guide other enthusiastic members who would like to join this mission. My limited observation about members on PDF,
@Kaptaan can keep an eye on civilisation part
@niaz I found him very knowledgeable about almost everything
@Oscar knows about history of PAF and military in general so he can be very useful
rest @IceCold @django @PakSword can select their niches.
Of course it is up to them..if they have time and energy to do this..

Last edited:
I did check in past but not for wiki and they replied they are not concerned about online blogs and websites until unless they are official news agencies or press.
Regards,
Still no harm in registering a complaint with respect to wikipedia, dont you think?
I think the best way will be to file the complaint, lets see what they say and then we proceed accordingly?

Still no harm in registering a complaint with respect to wikipedia, dont you think?
I think the best way will be to file the complaint, lets see what they say and then we proceed accordingly?
Mate, I think we should start doing something on our own as suggested by @Slav Defence to work in teams in a structured way..that will be great.

Whether universities accept wikipedia as a source or not, I find myself going to this source whenever I want to know about something new..and on google search, wikkipedia is most often the first link ... So cannot discount its utility. So instead of being regressive ostriches (it is not you bro), we need to work with it.

First step will be to make an account on Wikkipedia because it takes a few days ( I think 4-5 days) before you can edit semi-protected articles.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom