What's new

US Army major kills 12 in shooting rampage

And what he had gone through -- the name calling, harassment about his Muslim faith after the 9/11 -- this was wrong too.

There are many members of the Muslim faith within the US military and some from what I have discovered have no problems other are harassed. Also some have problems with the concept of being deployed be it Iraq or Afghanistan.

As far as harassment goes it would depend what the Maj did about it and what his chain of command did if they had been notified. It would also depend on how he, the Maj, conducted himself as well.
You can be pure white and straight christian and still get harassment simply because you are a D Head and project that in your work.

It's time now for the US to strictly control the private weapons. The best way is to ban all private possession of weapons, otherwise the US will sink into civil wars soon or later.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It was tried and failed. Go check a few reports/and court case on guns in Washington.

May the Dead RIP.

Dedicated to all those innocent lives lost . There is no match of the life bestowed by the GOD.

Last edited by a moderator:
More like simple mind.

Do not worry about our nuclear weapons. Worry about Pakistan's, after all, there are no fighting inside our borders.

Thank you. I take your words above as a compliment.

I do not have to worry about our nukes as none of them have been compromised so far as have been done in your neck-of-the-woods with live nukes flying from Coast to Coast without anyone knowing. Having a few broken arrow incidents etc etc. You never know, it could be Major Hasan's cousin or them armed rednecks from mid-west next in one of those plane's carrying the nukes. So please be careful as Major Hasan has set a new trend within your armed forces now! First it was students shooting students in the US, then it was some criminals shooting general public in Maryland and now its US soldiers shooting US soldiers? Man! USA is a very dangerous place these days!!

P.S- You still did not respond to my Stranger vs Friend vs Family question! I really want to know!!

Last edited:
Troubling portrait emerges of Fort Hood suspect

By BRETT J. BLACKLEDGE (AP)

WASHINGTON — His name appears on radical Internet postings. A fellow officer says he fought his deployment to Iraq and argued with soldiers who supported U.S. wars. He required counseling as a medical student because of problems with patients.

There are many unknowns about Nidal Malik Hasan, the man authorities say is responsible for the worst mass killing on a U.S. military base. Most of all, his motive. But details of his life and mindset, emerging from official sources and personal acquaintances, are troubling.

For six years before reporting for duty at Fort Hood, Texas, in July, the 39-year-old Army major worked at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center pursuing his career in psychiatry, as an intern, a resident and, last year, a fellow in disaster and preventive psychiatry. He received his medical degree from the military's Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md., in 2001.

While an intern at Walter Reed, Hasan had some "difficulties" that required counseling and extra supervision, said Dr. Thomas Grieger, who was the training director at the time.

Grieger said privacy laws prevented him from going into details but noted that the problems had to do with Hasan's interactions with patients. He recalled Hasan as a "mostly very quiet" person who never spoke ill of the military or his country.

"He swore an oath of loyalty to the military," Grieger said. "I didn't hear anything contrary to those oaths."

But, more recently, federal agents grew suspicious.

At least six months ago, Hasan came to the attention of law enforcement officials because of Internet postings about suicide bombings and other threats, including posts that equated suicide bombers to soldiers who throw themselves on a grenade to save the lives of their comrades.

They had not determined for certain whether Hasan is the author of the posting, and a formal investigation had not been opened before the shooting, said law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the case.

In an interview with The Washington Post, Hasan's aunt, Noel Hasan of Falls Church, Va., said he had been harassed about being a Muslim in the years after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks and he wanted out of the Army.

"Some people can take it and some people cannot," she said. "He had listened to all of that and he wanted out of the military."

She said he had sought a discharge from the military for several years, and even offered to repay the cost of his medical training.

A spokesman for the Army, Lt. Col. George Wright, told the Post he could not confirm that Hasan had sought a discharge.

Noel Hasan said her nephew "did not make many friends" and would say "they military was his life."

A cousin, Nader Hasan, told The New York Times that after counseling soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan with post-traumatic stress disorder, Hasan knew war firsthand.

"He was mortified by the idea of having to deploy," Nader Hasan said. "He had people telling him on a daily basis the horrors they saw over there."

Federal law-enforcement agents ordered an evacuation of the apartment complex where Hasan lived in Killeen, Texas, Thursday night and conducted a search of his home, said Hilary Shine, director of public information for the city. She didn't say what was found during the search.

Officials said earlier that federal search warrants were being drawn up to authorize the seizure of his computer.

Retired Army Col. Terry Lee, who said he worked with Hasan, told Fox News that Hasan had hoped President Barack Obama would pull troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Lee said Hasan got into frequent arguments with others in the military who supported the wars, and had tried hard to prevent his pending deployment.

Hasan attended prayers regularly when he lived outside Washington, often in his Army uniform, said Faizul Khan, a former imam at a mosque Hasan attended in Silver Spring, Md. He said Hasan was a lifelong Muslim.

"I got the impression that he was a committed soldier," Khan said. He spoke often with Hasan about Hasan's desire for a wife.

On a form filled out by those seeking spouses through a program at the mosque, Hasan listed his birthplace as Arlington, Va., but his nationality as Palestinian, Khan said.

"I don't know why he listed Palestinian," Khan said, "He was not born in Palestine."

Nothing stood out about Hasan as radical or extremist, Khan said.

"We hardly ever got to discussing politics," Khan said. "Mostly we were discussing religious matters, nothing too controversial, nothing like an extremist."

Hasan earned his rank of major in April 2008, according to a July 2008 Army Times article.

He served eight years as an enlisted soldier. He also served in the ROTC as an undergraduate at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg. He received a bachelor's degree in biochemistry there in 1997.

The Associated Press: Troubling portrait emerges of Fort Hood suspect

:blink:

Thank you. I take your words above as a compliment.

I do not have to worry about our nukes as none of them have been compromised so far as have been done in your neck-of-the-woods with live nukes flying from Coast to Coast without anyone knowing. Having a few broken arrow incidents etc etc. You never know, it could be Major Hasan's cousin or them armed rednecks from mid-west next in one of those plane's carrying the nukes. So please be careful!!

P.S- You still did not respond to my Stranger vs Friend vs Family question! I really want to know!!
Broken Arrows? Please...I used to work around Victor Alert F-111s in the UK back when the Cold War was hot. I know what a 'Broken Arrow' entails. It could mean something as simple as a damaged cannon plug on a nuclear warhead assembly to qualify as a 'Broken Arrow'. And how do you know that Pakistan's nuclear weapons have never had a 'Broken Arrow'? Because the government said so?

:rofl:

Graphical gory details with blood, bullet holes etc, any1? Now that's what I call honest, good old style news reporting. Please, no parrot talks. Freagg'in talking heads.

Broken Arrows? Please...I used to work around Victor Alert F-111s in the UK back when the Cold War was hot. I know what a 'Broken Arrow' entails. It could mean something as simple as a damaged cannon plug on a nuclear warhead assembly to qualify as a 'Broken Arrow'. And how do you know that Pakistan's nuclear weapons have never had a 'Broken Arrow'? Because the government said so?

Well we have never had one until todate and not because the Government says so (it never does in such cases) because in my 20 years of being associated with the concerned establishment, we never ran into such incidents despite very innovative means of transportation used. So our safety record in this case is quite excellent so far. Thanks again for confirming that the USAF is good at loosing screws, nuts and bolts for these nukes every now and then. :azn:

Well, but if you ban the private possesion of weapons completely, how can a guy like Hassam get a gun.

Well he was in the military and the military has weapons,,, but there willl allways be guns and people that will get them and use them....I am glad hes alive, now he can die slow.....really I cant think of any thing worse then being alive and in a military prison after killing a dozen american military men and women.

One thing for sure Maj Hasan did not do a good thing for muslims in this country.

Last edited:
Well he was in the military and the military has weapons,,, but there willl allways be guns and people that will get them and use them....I am glad hes alive, now he can die slow.....really I cant think of any thing worse then being alive and in a military prison after killing a dozen american military men and women.

One thing for sure Maj Hasan did not do a good thing for muslims in this country.

You just can't quit hum? What a way for him to get out of the military? Can't he just be told: OK, you can leave. No?
Also, what a surprise for him to wait for so long to say "I quit" after being called "camel jockey"?
You are saying?

Major Hasan said: I quit. Which part you don't understand from this story?

You just can't quit hum? What a way for him to get out of the military? Can't he just be told: OK, you can leave. No?
Also, what a surprise for him to wait for so long to say "I quit" after being called "camel jockey"?
You are saying?

A Major gets about 100,000 year in wages and benefits and when you get an assignement you cant just say I quit,,I know they never let me quit when some one was shooting at me. , you have to serve what ever period you enlisted for....and a Major is going to get very little harrasment in the USA military,,,,I expect hes just another Jihadist and one thing I do like about this is it was a women that shot him in the end....and hes made it worse for every one that even remotely looks like hes from the middle east in the USA....

Well we have never had one until todate and not because the Government says so (it never does in such cases) because in my 20 years of being associated with the concerned establishment, we never ran into such incidents despite very innovative means of transportation used. So our safety record in this case is quite excellent so far. Thanks again for confirming that the USAF is good at loosing screws, nuts and bolts for these nukes every now and then. :azn:

So what we have here is somehow Pakistan managed to have a perfect organization composed of perfect people, perfect procedures and perfect equipments. No faults at all. No accidents ever. You are the epitome of gullibility either in what your government said or that in making up the lie and expect people to believe it. Un-freaking-believable at the length people will go at deluding themselves.

A Major gets about 100,000 year in wages and benefits and when you get an assignement you cant just say I quit,,I know they never let me quit when some one was shooting at me. , you have to serve what ever period you enlisted for....and a Major is going to get very little harrasment in the USA military,,,,I expect hes just another Jihadist and one thing I do like about this is it was a women that shot him in the end....and hes made it worse for every one that even remotely looks like hes from the middle east in the USA....

Don't you think it's a big arrogant to send a man to fight for "your" war at the mean time calling him a "camel jockey"???
Jihadist? Pathetic diversion not worth commenting.
A chick shot him? hum, I am really surprised a chick can shot a major in his 40's whom I presume "armed and dangerous"? :rofl: , unless the major didn't want to kill the chick. You are saying?

You are saying?

He is a commissioned officer. To leave the military, he must resign his commission. All officers know this.

Back
Top Bottom