What's new

US Army officially announces its new light tank: The M10 Booker

First mobile protected firepower combat vehicle scheduled for delivery in November​

The Army's first mobile protected firepower combat vehicle is scheduled to be delivered in November, service officials said this week. General Dynamics Land Systems was awarded the contract to produce the Army’s new light tank one year ago. The low-rate production contract is worth up to $1.14 billion for 96 vehicles , Inside Defense reported last year. The new vehicles allow light maneuver forces to overmatch adversaries, provide precision firepower to infantry brigades, increase survivability by helping...

Should've been called "Booker T10."

Can you dig it, sucka?
Proceeds to do a spinaroonie.

booker-t-spinarooni.gif

The U.S. army seems to simply refuse to spend their budget on near-peer equipment.

Wasting money on things that are only useful against enemies that can't fight back, like Arabs.

Making sure that it has a 105mm so that it cannot penetrate any modern MBT's armor.

It's an overpriced T-54 equivalent.

The U.S. army seems to simply refuse to spend their budget on near-peer equipment.

Wasting money on things that are only useful against enemies that can't fight back, like Arabs.

Making sure that it has a 105mm so that it cannot penetrate any modern MBT's armor.

says who

You're not understanding the doctrine of the light tank. It operates behind the main tank Spearhead, with air support, against infantry and APCs primarily.

You're not understanding the doctrine of the light tank. It operates behind the main tank Spearhead, with air support, against infantry and APCs primarily.
I know this project deeply.

It's an overpriced T-54/Leopard 1 rehash.

They would be better off getting their asses into gear and doing a version with an unmanned turret, autoloader, and xm360 120mm cannon, like everyone expected them to do before this turd showed up.

Hi,

On a beautiful spring morning over a year ago while driving on 99 Northbound bakersfield CA, 5 - 7 miles out of the city---between Lerdo Hwy & Merced---I saw a parked flatbed train loaded up with these small tanks in khaki color---maybe a 100 or more---and I kept wondering haven't seen these little tanks before---what are they!

Ukraine war had just started---and I was wondering about this massive equipment movement.

I found out a couple of months ago what they were---. The train was southbound---.

Last edited:
I know this project deeply.

It's an overpriced T-54/Leopard 1 rehash.

They would be better off getting their asses into gear and doing a version with an unmanned turret, autoloader, and xm360 120mm cannon, like everyone expected them to do before this turd showed up.

This is a fully new platform and can be used as a basis for multiple different versions from APC's to SPG's.

We wont forget you - Wolverine - you are still our M10.

513wQhytwNL.jpg

@PanzerKiel

This was one of the fastest out there in 40's.

a4f940d55c024391be682e10da1ef2a6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom