What's new

US-Bangla Airlines to induct four more aircraft as part of regional expansion

Let's not give a shit about a troll. Please carry on with the original discussion, their decision of expanding the fleet.

Tourists who visited Bangla and India have different opinion. I can create a thread quoting their blogs if you wish.

You will get owned pretty badly if you do since a tiny tiny fraction of tourists visit Bangladesh to begin with compared to India and even fewer write anything about it. So 1 or 2 positive accounts of Bangladesh to try compete with 1 or 2 negative accounts of India is going to backfire on you pretty badly when I post the numbers of how many tourists India gets and how many are repeat visitors....and how much revenue India gets from Tourism...converted to per visit and the multiple youtube videos and blogs out there taken by tourists themselves in India....and the close to 0 for Bangladesh in the same level of quality category.

Even just sticking to Tamil Nadu versus Bangladesh in tourism is going to bring you in for a real pain of a comparison.

But if you want another clinical exposition of Bangladesh tourism, be my guest.

BTW, I never said Middle Easterners in general look upon Indians in any great light compared to Bangladeshis. In my earlier comments I am referring to the general way they treat desis and look upon subcontinent people. Its not directed at Bangla culture solely.

I don't have time to waste like you do.

OK let me summarise it for you. They see the word Bangla on the plane, they will think twice and then some more times....given their way of treating your labourers from Bangla-desh.

Without huge investment, no airlines can survive only by selling tickets. Most big airlines make losses in tickets but make profit in buying and selling aircraft. Smaller airlines like US-Bangla are just picking the throwaway of the the big carriers.

And what exactly hindering more and bigger investments?

We have the chances at regional markets, considering the number of immigrants we have in middle east? Then what's the obstacles actually?

737 on domestic flight is a good improvement. Good for them... however I would prefer flying on airbus any day.

737 are one of the most common workhorses in aviation. These can easily be used to fly to middle east and Malaysia which are the profitable destinations for the BD market.

If these guys are buying the 800 series then the planes are about 20 years old ..... There is plenty of life in them if properly managed. Additionally they are fuel efficient. There is no reason why this venture can not be a success

The thing is they should try different routes rather than the same routes that the other airlines have been doing. And I hope they can increase their frequencies to Barisal, Rajshahi and Cox's Bazar. The other domestic routes have sufficient flights to sustain. But BZL, RJH and CXB definitely don't have enough flights. I hope they can add additional domestic flights in the next 5 years. And I would also want them to operate DAC-CTG-SIN-CTG-DAC and DAC-CTG-KUL-CTG-DAC. Something like what Regent did with Bangkok :-)

Why's that?
Comfortable... brand safety... less noise
Less noise let's compare: 777-300er vs a330-300 (in my observation)
The overhead storage is dampened to reduce shakes and bumps with each other effectively reducing noise
The engines... (not going into technical detail) are much quite in airbus than Boeing
Toilet is huge and seats are decent.... both business and economy (all models of airbus and Boeing that I flew in including a380 <3)
Basically all the bad raps Boeing got including with the latest crash of emirates plane.
And that airbus is a fairly younger company that has earned success in less time makes me an airbus fanboy. There I just admitted it.

Comfortable... brand safety... less noise
Less noise let's compare: 777-300er vs a330-300 (in my observation)
The overhead storage is dampened to reduce shakes and bumps with each other effectively reducing noise
The engines... (not going into technical detail) are much quite in airbus than Boeing
Toilet is huge and seats are decent.... both business and economy (all models of airbus and Boeing that I flew in including a380 <3)
Basically all the bad raps Boeing got including with the latest crash of emirates plane.
And that airbus is a fairly younger company that has earned success in less time makes me an airbus fanboy. There I just admitted it.

Ok fair enough.

But as an aerospace engineer I prefer Boeing overall....they have better redundancies and also their flight controls (for newer aircraft) are much better imo.

I really don't like how the flightstick in airbus can be pushed with no resistance and you basically let the computer make sure the input does not exceed the safety boundaries. I just get jittery thinking about it sometimes seeing what happened to the air france over the atlantic.

With boeing the resistance is hardwired on the yoke with feedback to replicate just how it was in the old days....to me that is more natural and safe. It also is more forgiving on precision input since you dont need all the delicate wrist action airbus sidejoystick needs.

This philosophy extends to many other things be it engine FADEC, eicas panel and throttle response even.

But the 737 handles a bit like a beast compared to A320 family....mostly because of the way they designed the central wing chord due to the original engine nacelle needing the required ground clearance.

But the 777 overall beats the pants off A330 family....I just love the raw power 777 has

Ok fair enough.

But as an aerospace engineer I prefer Boeing overall....they have better redundancies and also their flight controls (for newer aircraft) are much better imo.

I really don't like how the flightstick in airbus can be pushed with no resistance and you basically let the computer make sure the input does not exceed the safety boundaries. I just get jittery thinking about it sometimes seeing what happened to the air france over the atlantic.

With boeing the resistance is hardwired on the yoke with feedback to replicate just how it was in the old days....to me that is more natural and safe. It also is more forgiving on precision input since you dont need all the delicate wrist action airbus sidejoystick needs.

This philosophy extends to many other things be it engine FADEC, eicas panel and throttle response even.

But the 737 handles a bit like a beast compared to A320 family....mostly because of the way they designed the central wing chord due to the original engine nacelle needing the required ground clearance.

But the 777 overall beats the pants off A330 family....I just love the raw power 777 has
So airbus fly by wire system comes with no motorized resistance? Ummm... That's odd!
That makes me curious... are you a Boeing engineer?
Raw power as in thrust of the engines?

I like the smooth sailing of air buses you know... less bumps in turbulence... (again as observed and need not be accurate)

So airbus fly by wire system comes with no motorized resistance? Ummm... That's odd!
That makes me curious... are you a Boeing engineer?
Raw power as in thrust of the engines?

I like the smooth sailing of air buses you know... less bumps in turbulence... (again as observed and need not be accurate)

Nah not boeing guy, i work for Pratt the engine maker doing large simulations of engine flow models (its why im around this forum a lot when im waiting for sims to finish...or im travelling a lot to train peeps to run the new modules we are developing).

Turbulence is really variable....and depends on where you are sitting and what exactly the fuel load is on the plane etc...i dont think boeing vs airbus makes much diff there....you may have just lucked out a lot more with airbus....its bound to happen with the number of people that travel.

Nah not boeing guy, i work for Pratt the engine maker doing large simulations of engine flow models (its why im around this forum a lot when im waiting for sims to finish...or im travelling a lot to train peeps to run the new modules we are developing).

Turbulence is really variable....and depends on where you are sitting and what exactly the fuel load is on the plane etc...i dont think boeing vs airbus makes much diff there....you may have just lucked out a lot more with airbus....its bound to happen with the number of people that travel.
Pratt and Whitney! Nice :)

The thing is they should try different routes rather than the same routes that the other airlines have been doing. And I hope they can increase their frequencies to Barisal, Rajshahi and Cox's Bazar. The other domestic routes have sufficient flights to sustain. But BZL, RJH and CXB definitely don't have enough flights. I hope they can add additional domestic flights in the next 5 years. And I would also want them to operate DAC-CTG-SIN-CTG-DAC and DAC-CTG-KUL-CTG-DAC. Something like what Regent did with Bangkok :-)

Additionally they can try hand on Indonesian routes. DAC-BANGKOK-JAKARTA or DAC-BANGKOK-JAVA routes can be tested.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom