What's new

US-Bangla Airlines to induct four more aircraft as part of regional expansion

Direct flights maybe? DAC-Jakarta? DAC-Bali?

Dhaka -Jakarta direct flight have a chance to be profitable.I don't know how popular a direct Dhaka - Bali flight would be initially. But Connecting flight through Bangkok or Kualalampur or Singapore might get enough response from the traveler.

I was just throwing some ideas.. :-)

Dhaka -Jakarta direct flight have a chance to be profitable.I don't know how popular a direct Dhaka - Bali flight would be initially. But Connecting flight through Bangkok or Kualalampur or Singapore might get enough response from the traveler.

I was just throwing some ideas.. :-)

If USB wants to, they have to compete against the LCCs in the SEA region like AirAsia and carriers like SQ, MH, TH

If USB wants to, they have to compete against the LCCs in the SEA region like AirAsia and carriers like SQ, MH, TH
Those are some tough competitors as it's their natural hub & they had good foothold on the market.

World class service and management is the only way. Lets see what good they can do with this current expansion.

Those are some tough competitors as it's their natural hub & they had good foothold on the market.

World class service and management is the only way. Lets see what good they can do with this current expansion.

Bhai there is absolutely zero chance.

You are competing against their native SE Asian culture.

Unless USB takes in brand new leased aircraft and hires leggy flight attendants in mini skirts. You are competing at a different level. Ain't happening.

ঐ লেবার টানা পৰ্যন্তই দৌড়। ঐখানেই ম্যাক্সিমাম ব্যবসা।

Bhai there is absolutely zero chance.

You are competing against their native SE Asian culture.

Unless USB takes in brand new leased aircraft and hires leggy flight attendants in mini skirts. You are competing at a different level. Ain't happening.

ঐ লেবার টানা পৰ্যন্তই দৌড়। ঐখানেই ম্যাক্সিমাম ব্যবসা।

And what's keeping them from hiring leggi attendents in mini skirts??

Look I am very much ware of what it means to enter a new market against native carriers. But think about how well Etihad / Emirates /Qatar has done against all the odds. There was how many people who were mocking them, when they first started it?

Turkish air might be another good example.Turkish has come a long long away against other operators even in middle east and Europe. Natural stronghold for British airways / Lufthansa /Emirates. Just think about it. Years ago, if I had told it that Turkish would become major player in European and middle east, people would have just mock the shit out of me.

If it's not gonna happen now, it's not gonna happen ever. Just have to shed that 'not gonna happen ' mentality in management and actually do some real practical business planning.

Last edited:
And what's keeping them from hiring leggi attendents in mini skirts??

Look I am very much ware of what it means to enter a new market against native carriers. But think about how well Etihad / Emirates /Qatar has done against all the odds. There was how many people who were mocking them, when they first started it?

Turkish air might be another good example.Turkish has come a long long away against other operators even in middle east and Europe. Natural stronghold for British airways / Lufthansa /Emirates. Just think about it. Years ago, if I had told it that Turkish would become major player in European and middle east, people would have just mock the shit out of me.

If it's not gonna happen now, it's not gonna happen ever. Just have to shed that 'not gonna happen ' mentality in management and actually do some real practical business planning.

Your heart is in the right place - but you also have to be practical and have your feet firmly on ground.

Thinking again - maybe I shouldn't have said 'zero chance'. I guess it's possible. Nothing is impossible, given injection of time, money, effort. But in the end - is it worth the effort? One is in it to make money, not fight against all odds or just to prove a point...

Which airline from Pakistan and India do you see competing in that sector other than Air India? Not many.

But most importantly in the history of airline evolution, competing in that sector is far off from how inefficiently and in lackluster manner Bangladeshi airlines are run nowadays. The gap is a yawning, wide one. One needs to realize this 'before' one infuses money in a losing venture.

Even in booming markets Airlines are notoriously difficult to run, and even where there is surging demand.

Turkish Air is getting a horrible reputation on their indifferent service, substandard food and dismal reliability and punctuality, even for 'J' class. In my family we've all flown Turkish once and it gets a definite 'D' in our book (no repeat bookings, Thank You). Turkish Air survives only because British airways / Lufthansa / Emirates are finding it hard to compete with their cost structures vis-à-vis their high quality or service standards.

Price, Quality, Service. Choose Any Two.

And that corridor BKK-KUL-SIN-CGK is swarming with excellent and efficient choices of home-grown low cost carriers (LCC's) who themselves are finding it hard to make money now. These are a few(per Wiki) ,

23px-Flag_of_Indonesia.svg.png
Indonesia

23px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png
Thailand

23px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png
Malaysia

23px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png
Singapore

Whats keeping an average woman in Bangladesh from wearing a mini-skirt in public?
main-qimg-95a6ecbac184d0dd6f59ff22d5b7ed21-c

Some do. But only when they are in Clubs or in private company. Not in public. More common nowadays.

I don't think it's too much of a common sight in India either. The culture of the 95% is not ready for it.

Put yourself in the shoes of any woman and you'll realize why...

Are you talking about LCC?

Yes.

main-qimg-95a6ecbac184d0dd6f59ff22d5b7ed21-c

Some do. But only when they are in Clubs or in private company. Not in public. More common nowadays.

I don't think it's too much of a common sight in India either.

Put yourself in the shoes of any woman and you'll realize why...

Yes.

Exactly, so I dont see an airlines following the traditional LCC model of SEA that you were talking about.

It applies to India too.

Well its not just air india (express) then.

Theres spicejet, Goair and indigo as well.

I was not aware that those carriers were operating in the BKK-KUL-SIN-CGK corridor. If so - are they profitable?

Oh sorry misunderstood that you mean specific to a foreign corridor. As far as I know they target mostly domestic routes within India and routes to the Gulf countries.

GoAir is completely domestic I believe.

Spice jet and Indigo do fly to SEA, Thailand and even maldives etc so they are mostly tourism based travel catering to the tourism flows to/from India. I would venture they are somewhat profitable given they have kept these routes going since they started and are adding to them over time as demand increases.

They raise all their finances privately so I would venture they make sure they plan and squeeze the most out of every route they operate in.

Oh sorry misunderstood that you mean specific to a foreign corridor. As far as I know they target mostly domestic routes within India and routes to the Gulf countries.

GoAir is completely domestic I believe.

Spice jet and Indigo do fly to SEA, Thailand and even maldives etc so they are mostly tourism based travel catering to the tourism flows to/from India. I would venture they are somewhat profitable given they have kept these routes going since they started and are adding to them over time as demand increases.

They raise all their finances privately so I would venture they make sure they plan and squeeze the most out of every route they operate in.

I heard GoAir or IndiGo will fly to a Chinese city some Central Asian cities so they are tapping into new markets.

I hope USB or Novoair can start international flights even from CTG and ZYL too. Having almost every international flight from DAC is just a bit mainstream to be honest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom