What's new

US being sucked into Pakistan’s world of illusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article was not published by any serving minister, even the writer of the article was never been a politician and not served as a minister/MP etc in whole of his lifetime.

The writer is Additional Secretary (retd), Cabinet Secretariat, Govt. of India, New Delhi, and, presently, Director, Institute For Topical Studies, Chennai.

So, being a retired civil servant served at Cabinet Secretariat he knows more about what he is talking about.

Moreover the thoughts are his and if someone can counter it in a constructive way he's welcome to do so.
He's from your government

The writer is Additional Secretary (retd), Cabinet Secretariat, Govt. of India, New Delhi, and, presently, Director, Institute For Topical Studies, Chennai. E-mail: seventyone2@gmail.com

Haha oh yeah, the Original Poster has cleverly omitted the fact that the article is publication from the serving Indian minister. That sort of shows the state of the Indian government, its in a real need for an ego massage by the US.

Yes, India badly needs its ego massaged to tinger with Pakistan. Great find though! It is not as if people who can visit internet atleast have the courtsey to read history from a neutral point that the actions of 1965 and Kargil disproved the illusions.

I dont like that tone of the article. Pakistan was born as Islamic state, India is not. India is a secular country and whatever the illusions Pakistan may have about its identity, opinions in India should not be based on religion. Religion is NOT the identity of India - India is for Indians!

Attention? Hold on a minute, how is the US going to give us any more attention because of this article.
By definition, that is what an attention whore is thats how Raman is acting.

Yes, India badly needs its ego massaged to tinger with Pakistan. Great find though! It is not as if people who can visit internet atleast have the courtsey to read history from a neutral point that the actions of 1965 and Kargil disproved the illusions.

I dont like that tone of the article. Pakistan was born as Islamic state, India is not. India is a secular country and whatever the illusions Pakistan may have about its identity, opinions in India should not be based on religion. Religion is NOT the identity of India - India is for Indians!

Indeed India is for Indians, however you cannot deny Pakistanis think India = Hindus.

By definition, that is what an attention whore is thats how Raman is acting.

Definition, please give me your definition of attention seeking for me, because it sure as hell differs from mine.

Yes, yes, keep telling yourself this. It fits well with the theme of the author.

It makes me feel like the Indian lessons to children go like this:

"Children today we'll repeat to ourselves the many ways we're better than Pakistan..."

Definition, please give me your definition of attention seeking for me, because it sure as hell differs from mine.
Hahaha, "Indian Government". You walked into it.

The other thing I find so arrogant about the Indian Minister is that, he's actually saying that America has lost its marbles and is foolish enough to not see through Pakistan... BUT India knows best.

He's not questioning the US, while Obama's advisors can tell him exactly what Pakistan is all about, his other advisors will tell him to 'screw the Indians, look after our boys in Afghanistan'.

well said but he will not look at neutral point on 65 and kargil or the cia report on the 65 war

He's from your government

1. Every government employee is not a minister.

2. He's a retired government employee and in a free country he can express his views. His views are not government of India's stand.

3. The article is published in Sri Lankan newspaper, not Indian.

4. Few days back Hamid Gul the former ISI chief was seen smiling, hand shaking and sitting with the JuD, LeT Chief and other terriorist organisations.

Does that means he is representing Pakistani Government, Pakistani Army or ISI? Same is with B. Raman he is writing in his personal capacity.

Yes, yes, keep telling yourself this. It fits well with the theme of the author.

"Children today we'll repeat to ourselves the many ways we're better than Pakistan..."

Well you know, there's this little little problem with your employ of sarcasm there. It doesn't work well when India is in fact better off than Pakistan.

Indeed, Indians think Pakistanis think that. There, next argument?

You cannot deny that the majority of Pakistanis believe that. You might be more enlightened, living abroad and being able to harness the power of the Internet.

Atleast be rational Asim! You are outside your country. Ask any man in whichever place you live two questions?

1. What are India's prospects w.r.t being a global power? Does any one including any Pakistani think that India need any assistance from any other country?

2. Which country hosts the largest group of terrorists in the world - Afghanistan or Pakistan?

I think as a senior member, you should take time to read history than preaching history. Any neutral version would do justice! Infact, you would find that during 1965 as well as during 1971, West and China were ga-ga over Pakistan!

Hahaha, "Indian Government". You walked into it.

Me: Ahahaha wanna hear a joke?

You: SURE!?

Me: The Pakistani Government.

or atleast

Me: Hey, wanna hear a joke?

You: Mm, okay?

Me: Pakistans democratically elected leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom