What's new

US Cancel $300m Aid to Pakistan Over Militants Failure

You mistake eb and flow for victory dude.

And what has stopped us in the past 17 years is the idea that Pakistanis would come to their senses on their own.
The opposite appears to be happening, and we're probably going to let it happen until a real necessity (and thereby excuse) to interfere in Pakistan's internal affairs arises. That could take years, and you'll be claiming victory for years, then if and when we do need to interfere, you'll go back into your victim role until your ranks have been pruned (as they are now), our pressure lets up, and you claim victory based on the fact we didn't completely take over the countries in the regions you mention.

Do you start to see how twisted and f-ed up your thinking really is?

LOL cry rivers for all I care.

I don't have to repeat myself. You have lost all influence over Pakistan. We have chosen our regional allies over you and you don't even come into the picture. Pakistan has a fresh new leadership which won't bow before US. There is nothing you can do about that. Now stop begging for recognition. You won't get any.

Watch how we treat that fat b@stard Pompeo today LOL Let the fvcking games begin!

LOL cry rivers for all I care.

I don't have to repeat myself. You have lost all influence over Pakistan. We have chosen our regional allies over you and you don't even come into the picture. Pakistan has a fresh new leadership which wont bow before US. There is nothing you can do about that. Now stop begging for recognition. You won't get any.

No i don't come here for recognition. I came here to explain where the lines will be drawn.
I did that, i thank you for helping me do that, and i'll now go about my day rather than get drawn into shouting matches here..

No i don't come here for recognition. I came here to explain where the lines will be drawn.
I did that, i thank you for helping me do that, and i'll now go about my day rather than get drawn into shouting matches here..

You come here to beg and plead. Read your own posts. Not very different from:

180904133004_20180904_trump_mattis_kelly_sessions_tillerson_preibus_cohn_bannon_exlarge_tease.jpg

it's your kind of thinking that might force us into Pakistan one day too.

stupid hubris of yours.

If you could you would have done it by now. You are pissed because you got whacked by Erdo.

As stated by the New Prime Minister, Peace is desired by Pakistan when it comes to Afghanistan. A lasting peace will require all parties to the peace to recognize the realities of Afghan Society. Afghanistan is a tribal society, and very local based. Those fighting on both sides are the sons of the nation, and as the Eid-Al-Fitr ceasefire demonstrated fighters on both side are willing to mingle despite trying to kill each other only days earlier.

My question is would a power sharing agreement, where Taliban and the current regime in Kabul representatives share power in those areas where they hold sway. The Afghans have a Jirga system, where they have to reach a consensus to more forward. If each region/Province were governed with two leaders (One Taliban and One Kabul Backed) as is currently done in Kabul (Ghani and Abdullah) would that be acceptable to each side. This would reflect Afghan culture and non-involve outside forces. A Power sharing agreement in Kabul (where key positions in the government, including at least a vice president) would then be possible ushering in a stable and united government. All Afghan parties could sign an agreement to prevent Afghan soil from being used by foreign elements against any neighbor or any other nation for that matter. The Afghans would police themselves and the world help build them up economically to move to a sustainable peace to prevent young men falling back into hopelessness and militantism.

https://www.longwarjournal.org/arch...ed-despite-increased-us-military-pressure.php

As Far as Pakistan's support to bringing reluctant elements to the table, it would have to have safeguards assured that Afghan stability is possible with a defined frame work for the movement of Afghan People, and therefore stabilizing area on eastern side of the Durand line would fall under the control of the Pakistanis. Also Afghan trade through Pakistani territory would be friendly and not cause the build up of Anti-Pakistan forces in Afghanistan.

To reduce the issue of militantism; stability in the region would also have to be addressed by the international community, and that requires a concrete resolution to the Kashmir dispute. While this may seem a separate issue, changing the minds of the militants will have to be done with resolutions to the underlining hopelessness instability in the region breeds.

The Job of the Pakistani Military would be to police its borders as it already does, but this time with firm peace agreements on its borders. Pakistan's Military capabilities (special programs) can not be made and issue of any negotiations, and the world will have to understand Pakistan needs capabilities to defend itself if other parities do not hold up their end of the bargain.

With stability in Afghanistan and Kashmir, young people would no longer be hopeless and seek out normal jobs. This is also where the world will have to support Pakistan earning through trade and not aid.

Any thoughts? Does this appear reasonable?

p.s. this is only to address the perceived failure with militantism. Sticking to these treaties, and removing ALL foreign troops from Afghanistan would have to be part of the deal, as the Afghans would insist on it. The benefits to the Nato forces would be a successful mission where stability under local cultural norms is achieved and the black hole in defense spending will end, as the objective will have been achieved. The actual laws in Afghanistan would have to be iron out by the elements of their power-sharing government, which outside countries would also have to step back and leave to the Afghans.

Last edited:
As stated by the New Prime Minister, Peace is desired by Pakistan when it comes to Afghanistan. A lasting peace will require all parties to the peace to recognize the realities of Afghan Society. Afghanistan is a tribal society, and very local based. Those fighting on both sides are the sons of the nation, and as the Eid-Al-Fitr ceasefire demonstrated fighters on both side are willing to mingle despite trying to kill each other only days earlier.

My question is would a power sharing agreement, where Taliban and the current regime in Kabul representatives share power in those areas where they hold sway. The Afghans have a Jirga system, where they have to reach a consensus to more forward. If each region/Province were governed with two leaders (One Taliban and One Kabul Backed) as is currently done in Kabul (Ghani and Abdullah) would that be acceptable to each side. This would reflect Afghan culture and non-involve outside forces. A Power sharing agreement in Kabul (where key positions in the government, including at least a vice president) would then be possible ushering in a stable and united government. All Afghan parties could sign an agreement to prevent Afghan soil from being used by foreign elements against any neighbor or any other nation for that matter. The Afghans would police themselves and the world help build them up economically to move to a sustainable peace to prevent young men falling back into hopelessness and militantism.

https://www.longwarjournal.org/arch...ed-despite-increased-us-military-pressure.php

As Far as Pakistan's support to bringing reluctant elements to the table, it would have to have safeguards assured that Afghan stability is possible with a defined frame work for the movement of Afghan People, and therefore stabilizing area on eastern side of the Durand line would fall under the control of the Pakistanis. Also Afghan trade through Pakistani territory would be friendly and not cause the build up of Anti-Pakistan forces in Afghanistan.

To reduce the issue of militantism; stability in the region would also have to be addressed by the international community, and that requires a concrete resolution to the Kashmir dispute. While this may seem a separate issue, changing the minds of the militants will have to be done with resolutions to the underlining hopelessness instability in the region breeds.

The Job of the Pakistani Military would be to police its borders as it already does, but this time with firm peace agreements on its borders. Pakistan's Military capabilities (special programs) can not be made and issue of any negotiations, and the world will have to understand Pakistan needs capabilities to defend itself if other parities do not hold up their end of the bargain.

With stability in Afghanistan and Kashmir, young people would no longer be hopeless and seek out normal jobs. This is also where the world will have to support Pakistan earning through trade and not aid.

Any thoughts? Does this appear reasonable?

p.s. this is only to address the perceived failure with militantism. Sticking to these treaties, and removing ALL foreign troops from Afghanistan would have to be part of the deal, as the Afghans would insist on it. The benefits to the Nato forces would be a successful mission where stability under local cultural norms is achieved and the black hole in defense spending will end, as the objective will have been achieved. The actual laws in Afghanistan would have to be iron out by the elements of their power-sharing government, which outside countries would also have to step back and leave to the Afghans.

it does appear reasonable.

but only if the tribes truly stick to their own territory, and do not harbor those who engage in attacks against western targets.

we are most willing to withdraw our troops, but we will feel forced back in if attacked again.

but only if the tribes truly stick to their own territory, and do not harbor those who engage in attacks against western targets.

we are most willing to withdraw our troops, but we will feel forced back in if attacked again.

That is also a reasonable expectation that if attacks on the west emanates again from Afghanistan, a military response would be expected. This is where Pakistan would use its abilities to key an eye on the peace, having convinced the rebel factions to join a peace deal. This is where maintaining ties to these tribes makes Pakistan a strong and durable partner to this peace.

Also addressing the issue of Kashmir multilaterally and internationally would also go along way to stabilizing the region. A stable region would allow Pakistan to better focus on human development (and not get distracted fighting militants) and that environment would bring any remaining militants towards peaceful activities and ways to earn a living.

These militants are akin to the Medieval Mercenaires; Free Companies; which ravaged Europe for 200 years until the state became powerful enough to contain them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_company

Great news. No funds, no support.

If you are giving genuine support then this is a big blow. Unfortunately, the trust is something you have to gain with action. Once you lose it, then it is hard to gain it back.

Nobody's engaging in attacking western targets, it's the narrative used by the west to cover up the west engaging in attacks against Muslim targets and then getting a response in kind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom