What's new

US 'confident' that Pak will not use weapons against India

peacemaker10

BANNED
Reaction score
US 'confident' that Pak will not use weapons against India

WASHINGTON: The US, which is offering a range of sophisticated weapons to Pakistan to fight terrorists, is confident that these will not be used against India "in any way" and promised to ensure that the armaments are not misused through end-use monitoring.

"They are not to be used against India in any way," Assistant Secretary of State for South Asia and Central Asian Affairs Robert Blake has said.

"This is a question I often receive, and I'd like to reassure all of our friends in India that whatever military assistance we are providing to Pakistan is to be used in its fight against terrorism - particularly in its border areas with Afghanistan," Blake said yesterday during a webchat ahead of the US-India Strategic Dialogue here.

He acknowledged that the Obama Administration was providing a range of counterterrorism platforms and counterinsurgency platforms to Pakistan.

"And these are things, really, that are going to be used against the militants who are based in these border areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan. They are not to be used against India in any way," he asserted.

"So, again, I'd like to reassure all of our participants in this dialogue that that is the purpose for which we are transferring arms to Pakistan.

He also said that the US will also undertake "through" end-use monitoring so that whatever weapons are transferred to Pakistan are used for the purposes for which they were sold.

There have been reports that the US may supply sophisticated laser-guided bomb kits, 12 surveillance drones and 18 F-16 fighters to enhance Pakistan military's capability to strike at Taliban and al-Qaeda targets located in remote tribal areas of Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

He also said that the overall character of US assistance programme to Pakistan was changing very rapidly and pointed out that through the Kerry-Lugar legislation, Washington was providing USD 1.5 billion a year in economic assistance to Pakistan to help that country to meet its economic and energy challenges of its fast-growing population.

"So, that's really where I would put the focus. Not so much on the military side," Blake said.

He also said that the US was "very encouraged" that the Pakistani army has redeployed troops away from the Indian border.

"We do not see India as a threat to Pakistan and so we would encourage that process to continue. And that's why we attached such great importance to improved relations between India and Pakistan," he said, adding that Washington will continue to work hard on and will continue to remain a very high priority.

US 'confident' that Pak will not use weapons against India - India - The Times of India

Hahaha....Confidence in what way??? Obviously if there is no war then how come someone can use these weapons....God forbids if there is war then PA would be nuts not to use weapons that they have....

Man does US think we are nuts or what am i missing???

This is a lighting up a Candle in the wind and hoping that light wont be blown away.

Wheather one likes it or not, Pakistan or for that matter any country will use all the weapons at their disposal in case of a war.

This is the same connfidance which in 8O's said Pakistan has no capacity for bomb and this certification was made year after year....

US and its Rubbish Confidance.
Its Only US which Can STAB someone to death yet remain confidant that no bleeding will take place..

Hahaha....Confidence in what way??? Obviously if there is no war then how come someone can use these weapons....God forbids if there is war then PA would be nuts not to use weapons that they have....

Man does US think we are nuts or what am i missing???

YES you are nuts to make noise by saying Pakistan will use it against India now tell me when there is no war how come we can use these .

And why India is so much keen to go to war in the first place ?????????:confused:

And btw why Indians are just making unjustified noise when US is selling far superior weapons/systems to India besides India is buying from other countries too and everything India is buying or bought ranging from Jets to submarines and other equipment everything is advanced than the ones which we are getting then why India is so much afraid ?

Or is it Just Indian tactics to halt supply of these weapons to Pakistan for fighting against terrorism

YES you are nuts to make noise by saying Pakistan will use it against India now tell me when there is no war how come we can use these .

And why India is so much keen to go to war in the first place ?????????:confused:

oh when was the last time India started a war.... nobody can predict what happens when there is a stone in the hands of insane person....like wise we are cautious abt u guys....lol

And btw why Indians are just making unjustified noise when US is selling far superior weapons/systems to India besides India is buying from other countries too and everything India is buying or bought ranging from Jets to submarines and other equipment everything is advanced than the ones which we are getting then why India is so much afraid ?

Or is it Just Indian tactics to halt supply of these weapons to Pakistan for fighting against terrorism

We are buying and you are getting that for free....

So you should follow what the Uncle Sam is saying..

:rofl::rofl:

lol, so they think that we bought Harpoon for playing Gulli Danda and F-16s for PIA to use it as passenger jet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave::wave:

:cheers:

We are buying and you are getting that for free....

So you should follow what the Uncle Sam is saying..
500 BVRs are for talibans......

F-16 with BVR for Taliban....

A frigate to fight Taliban....

Air to Air refulling to fight taliban...

AWACS to fight Taliban...

I dont know US is stupid or India.

We will use any weapons we get our hands on to defend our nation. Stay happy on Uncle SAMs statement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom