What's new

US eyes Port Blair as new drone base

See i want all you Indian to read this post by this Chinese poster. What he is trying to is propaganda. he and oters will try to make you feel acertain way and inferior. There is nothing inferior or superior about this US-India Alliance....China needs to look in the mirror. It forgets how it took Western aid to defeat Japan.

So...? So did Russia, so did UK, so did all of the Allies, even the US. There is no one provider.

That was when we were at our weakest point.

And if you want to look at history, don't forget who you are. We may have been humiliated, but we were never conquered.

So...? So did Russia, so did UK, so did all of the Allies, even the US. There is no one provider.

That was when we were at our weakest point.

And if you want to look at history, don't forget who you are. We may have been humiliated, but we were never conquered.

I suggest you read your history properly. China has been defeated on numerous occasions. Don't BS us and yourself. Japan, Britain, Mongols, etc. India had to deal with an Islamic Jihad that lasted a 1000yrs. Tell me what would be the state of China today if it had to encounter that? India was still able to resist immensely. Thank India, the Himalyas, etc for changing China's course of history.

I suggest you read your history properly. China has been defeated on numerous occasions. Don't BS us and yourself. Japan, Britain, Mongols, etc. India had to deal with an Islamic Jihad that lasted a 1000yrs. Tell me what would be the state of China today if it had to encounter that? India was still able to resist immensely. Thank India, the Himalyas, etc for changing China's course of history.

I told you we been humiliated, but the people that humiliated us have all been defeated in the end. Truth be told, we fought tooth and nail to end occupations. That's why our flag is red, soaked in the blood of our forefathers.

We fought Japan and won, yea we had help, but so did the French and Russians. Yea, we were occupied, but like Russia and unlike France, we were never completely defeated. I mean after Sino Japanese, we still had millions of combat ready troops. It's just the nationalists wants to save these for the communists.

We didn't go on a hunger strike to get our independence, we fought. Though it really depends on if you see the Manchus as part of China or not. All in all the Manchus have no country, just Chinese, so you can make the argument that they are Chinese. The highest ranking officials during the dynasty were mostly Chinese too, almost completely at the end of the dynasty.

We all have our problems, you had Jihads, we change dynasties every few hundred years. We all got problems. India certainly wasn't in the worst position in history.

I know somethings about Indian history though no expert, from reading your post, I'm certain you know nothing of Chinese history.

I told you we been humiliated, but the people that humiliated us have all been defeated in the end. Truth be told, we fought tooth and nail to end occupations. That's why our flag is red, soaked in the blood of our forefathers.

We fought Japan and won, yea we had help, but so did the French and Russians. Yea, we were occupied, but like Russia and unlike France, we were never completely defeated. I mean after Sino Japanese, we still had millions of combat ready troops. It's just the nationalists wants to save these for the communists.

We didn't go on a hunger strike to get our independence, we fought. Though it really depends on if you see the Manchus as part of China or not. All in all the Manchus have no country, just Chinese, so you can make the argument that they are Chinese. The highest ranking officials during the dynasty were mostly Chinese too, almost completely at the end of the dynasty.

We all have our problems, you had Jihads, we change dynasties every few hundred years. We all got problems. India certainly wasn't in the worst position in history.

I know somethings about Indian history though no expert, from reading your post, I'm certain you know nothing of Chinese history.

Listen prior to this post you made it seem as if India was on the loosing end of everything. With this post, I see a different pov. I agree with it. As for knowing about Chinese history, I know a lot.

Listen prior to this post you made it seem as if India was on the loosing end of everything. With this post, I see a different pov. I agree with it. As for knowing about Chinese history, I know a lot.

And Koovie plz go kiss someone else's ***

Lets get back from history to port blair gents.Otherwise soon this thread will be downsized.
IMO this is impossible unless china invades india.

Genesis is one of the Chinese posters who talks sense and I have read his previous posts. One of the most balanced guys / (gals) on PDF

A nice dream from the US POV but will never materialise for many of the reasons already stated-sovereignty, Indian designs etc.

India will be deploying Full SQDs of UAS to the A&N islands before the end of the decade along with having 2-3 LR-MPAs and 3-5 MR-MPAs deployed there on a rotational basis. The A&N islands are a crucial asset for India which the policy makers have long ignored-but not anymore. Forget US Marines, India's own Marine Corps will be trained and deployed there!

This report does, however, highlight just how important these islands are and the fact the US are interested means India should be doubly interested!

I can't see why India would change its policy of upholding its sovereignty and refusing external powers requests for certain military outposts on Indian soil when it is growing in stature and power itself and in fact setting up said outposts in other nations for itself!

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

President Obama would be well advised to slap his chief of staffs if they come to him with such a suggestion and they in turn to knock some sense into the fools at Rand.

When the day comes that India becomes a part of the USA then they can have a drone base in Port Blair..till that day..hands off!

I have been predicting that India will open up its bases to US military. And this day is coming.

But lets be serious, its dangerous to base the 5th fleet in Persian gulf. India is a more suitable location. Which Indian naval port should be the home base of the 5th fleet?

highly unlikely. opposition wont allow:disagree::no: even if ruling party allows..and that is a big IF...even if the bill passes public protests will squeeze the political leaders balls in a vice..:cheesy:

Its likely that all of India would beg for America to station troops there, just like Japan, Germany, and England. Its just natural for America to have bases at English speaking countries.

Before drawbacks, we need to know as to what will be the benefits for allowing our base to be used for US drones ?

This is the right question to ask instead of reject the idea without think it over.

Interesting -"In the event of Chinese aggression, it is not inconceivable that India might permit the US to operate maritime surveillance platforms from its Andaman Islands territory."

Maybe US already have bases in India without publicly acknowledge it.

We kissed NAM policy goodbye in 1962 itself, when we ran to US with a bowl in hand.

True. And instead of repeating the same process when India needs to, India should preempt it and have US bases in India. its a win-win for everyone.

Or develop indigenous capability to deter any aggression by anybody...

True. And instead of repeating the same process when India needs to, India should preempt it and have US bases in India. its a win-win for everyone.

we are not china which allows US forces to be stationed on it's teritorry ! We are not shameless losers !

There are more US friendly countries on the east of India and they are desperate to earn US Dollars that boost up their local economies (recreational economies) ;) The US can beg Thailand / Vietnam / Cambodia or even Burma to open up their bases. Am sure the Burmese would be willing partners .

BTW - the biggest downside to US bases anywhere in the world - be it Guam / Phils / Germany / UK / Vietnam (when they were stationed there before V.W), Japan, Korea etc is the rampant exploitation of local women. Even US bases in Afghanistan have had Chinese, Ukrainian, Tajik women contracted for "servicing" US and western troops.

Am not making this up, but for those who have read / viewed and seen what goes on in the bases, it is akin to a more toned down version of Japan's sex slavery . The only difference is , women in the host countries of US bases do it out of desperation for the greenback.

we are not china which allows US forces to be stationed on it's teritorry ! We are not shameless losers !

Erm.. excuse me Sire, when did China allow US bases on their soil ? If the 2nd WW anti-Japanese bombing sorties you are talking of, then perhaps yes but most of these happened from East India regions. After WW-2 there has been no US bases on Chinese soil.

It would be best if you could do a bit of study on this topic . Korea / Japan, yes . China NEVER !

There are more US friendly countries on the east of India and they are desperate to earn US Dollars that boost up their local economies (recreational economies) ;) The US can beg Thailand / Vietnam / Cambodia or even Burma to open up their bases. Am sure the Burmese would be willing partners .

BTW - the biggest downside to US bases anywhere in the world - be it Guam / Phils / Germany / UK / Vietnam (when they were stationed there before V.W), Japan, Korea etc is the rampant exploitation of local women. Even US bases in Afghanistan have had Chinese, Ukrainian, Tajik women contracted for "servicing" US and western troops.

Am not making this up, but for those who have read / viewed and seen what goes on in the bases, it is akin to a more toned down version of Japan's sex slavery . The only difference is , women in the host countries of US bases do it out of desperation for the greenback.

We are talking about defense, not sex slavery. Open up another thread for that topic.

Erm.. excuse me Sire, when did China allow US bases on their soil ? If the 2nd WW anti-Japanese bombing sorties you are talking of, then perhaps yes but most of these happened from East India regions. After WW-2 there has been no US bases on Chinese soil.

It would be best if you could do a bit of study on this topic . Korea / Japan, yes . China NEVER !

Actually, Republic of China use to host US bases. So he is technically correct.

Back
Top Bottom