What's new

US F-15E CRASHED IN AFGHANISTAN, PILOT KILLED

The F-15E that crashed was not in Afghanistan. The plane crashed 35nm from the base over a training range. They were training the host nation air force there, not engaging in current combat operations over Afghanistan. I just want that part of the story to be straight.

I know there are many different opinions on the Afghanistan war. I oppose any civilian death, of any nationality. Our soldiers do not receive orders to murder innocents, but (similar to Sgt. Bales) some snap and commit atrocities. These people will earn their judgement and answer for their sins.

I am from the US, and I do not hate any person. Even the Taliban fighters, some who have bravely fought the Russians, and now the US, are fighting for a cause they hold dear to them. This should not be overlooked. They may have killed my countrymen, and died fighting my countrymen, they were still fighters. They were husbands, fathers, and sons. Every death is mourned by someone. My only wish is that we pull out of Afghanistan and let the citizens of that nation run their own path.

Back
Top Bottom