What's new

US imposes restrictions on PIA

Agent Vinod

New Recruit

Reaction score
KARACHI: The United States has imposed restrictions on PIA flights. According to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) after April 22 prior to arriving in the US, all passengers and luggage on board PIA aircrafts will be subjected to another security check at the Manchester airport.

PIA flies to New York via Manchester three times a week. The average stop over time in Manchester is one and a half hour, but after the new restrictions this will be increased to between six and seven hours.

The new restrictions will not only create problems for PIA passengers but also raise costs for the national flag carrier.

According to PIA officials, the new restrictions may completely throw the airlines flight schedule to the US in disarray. Observers believe that the new restrictions might be because of Pakistan closure of the Nato supply route.

Pyaar toh hona hi tha...

US imposes restrictions on PIA - geo.tv

So PIA will be on the verge of bankruptcy shortly.
It flies only thrice a week so it was not a profitable rout either.. just by this PIA is not going to bankrupt.. it is PIA policy makers who are responsible!.. This move by USA is just a pressure building measure after their idea of Hafiz Saeed back fired

Another security check of passengers and luggage at a stop-over en-route?? That will have a very serious impact on airline operations.
What will they search for again, Hafizzz Sayeed and/or his LET cohorts?

Bad enough that the USA is coming up with these stringent requirements, it should not instigate other nations to follow suit.

It flies only thrice a week so it was not a profitable rout either.. just by this PIA is not going to bankrupt.. it is PIA policy makers who are responsible!.. This move by USA is just a pressure building measure after their idea of Hafiz Saeed back fired

pakistan will pay for the fame of Hafeez saeed. we don't mind ofcourse.

I never realized the NATO route closure is hurting so much!
Yep - Sounds like our Defense Establishment is quite content with the current status quo and US is trying hard to force Pakistan to come to the table.

all passengers and luggage on board PIA aircrafts will be subjected to another security check at the Manchester airport.

Manchester is in UK.

So basically UK has decided for it.

Nothing similar reported in US.

Lets change the gears and start the blames on UK.

Let me start.. "down down queen".:taz:

Good - Now Pakistan must order the through checking of all Afghan-Trade shipments at
1) Karachi Port
2) Before entering Baluchistan
3) At Pak-Afg Border

I don't know what yankees would be able to find from passengers language - which is already being checked 2/3 time at Pakistani Airports, but i am sure Afghan-Trade route is being used to arm terrorists and maybe to deliver NATO stuff, further more they must pay all duties & transit rates must be revised to bring them according to international norms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom