What's new

US Intensifies its Strikes in NWFP under Kayanis Watch

Well one good thing is that terror strikes have reduced hundred folds if not thousands. Pakistani authorities must remain zero tolerance against anyone against Pakistan or anyone supporting terrorism, keep cracking down on TTP & BLA terrorists & don't give them a break. Inshallah a peaceful 2012 with massive developments & economic uprise is coming.

@ thread starter, Miranshah is capital of North Waziristan & North Waziristan is in FATA not NWFP(KPK).

My error, thanks for pointing out.

Another drone strike as usual, and US fires it's missiles saying out loudly that the Pakistani Politicians and Top Generals are the Puppets of US.

Where is the so called national unity that the political parties declared with the military on the issue when US talked about attacking Pakistan couple of weeks back?

Tactical approval of drone strikes = tactical approval of raping the nation.

There are different things between Pakistan and US regarding retaliatory attacks. US using drones or raids killing thousand Pakistanis/militants while Pakistan rocket launching killing thousands Afghans/militants in cross borders to anger Afghans people. The benefit is clearly to US.

No doubt, US will confront Pakistan harshly next year soon before Obama elections, OBL raid was a breakthrough and analysis the weaknessof Kiyani and the reactions. Let me give you example, he tend quickly to use hue and cry in the front of media, then the hot temperature goes down next few days, and in conclusion, Kiyani will accept demands from US pressures behind camera.

The drone attack mostly militants ??...........According to the report, "Since 2006, we've killed 14 senior Al Qaeda leaders using drone strikes; in the same time period, we've killed 700 Pakistani civilians in the same area. The drone strikes are highly unpopular. They are deeply aggravating to the population. And they've given rise to a feeling of anger that coalesces the population around the extremists and leads to spikes of extremism." Tell me how many civilians died compared to AQ leaders ?

Pakistan is in isolation today alone and already tarnish image of reputation in the media. i.e OBL raids, Mehran attacks, Faisal/Sameer, vice versa. Don't you see?

I still say, Kiyani must bring to the highest level of Supreme Court, he must face charge himself. Its duty require to defend Pakistan and serve Pakistan only. US Drones is now moving forward freely in North Wazirisitan contrary to Kiyani's public statements.

‘386 civilians died in 300 drone attacks’|| Dawn

Majority of them are terrorists.

In 2009, a lot of innocent civilians (children, women) were killed, but since then, about 90-95% militants have been killed in 2010 & 2011. Here are the statistics, detailing each & every drone strike, confirmed by local media outlets:

Data from drone strikes:

Estimated Total Deaths from U.S. Drone Strikes in Pakistan, 2010 - 2011

Deaths (low) Deaths (high)
2011* 322 457
2010 607 993

Estimated Militant Deaths from U.S. Drone Strikes in Pakistan 2010 - 2011

Deaths (low) Deaths (high)
2011* 306 421
2010 581 939

The Year of the Drone | NewAmerica.net

It has referred to data from local reports as well before coming up with the conclusions.

Pakistan and the U.S.: At a Strategic Crossroads - YouTube

Any loss of innocent life is regrettable, & Pakistan make sure that the collateral damage of these strikes isn't even 5%. It should ideally be 0%.

Back
Top Bottom