What's new

US, Pakistan discuss options for Gen Bajwa’s visit to DC

bro do you even realise how cute you appear when you think everyone have short memory, raising a question which superficially appear genuine but very innocently omitting the maximum events of recent past of our political history which lead to amend the Army Act.
Nice little cameo, for the cheerleaders, but which I will soundly rip to shreds below.

Have you forget It was ordered by SCP under suo moto notice .... ???
SC took suo moto notice upon Imran Khan's arbitrary extension to Bajwa's tenure as Chief of the Army Staff; the verdict was merely to provide extensions within legal ambit. As there was no provision of extension in the tenure of the Army Chief, Imran Khan complied with the SC by amending the Army Act stating how critical Bajwa was and how inevitable an extension, however undesired, was at that juncture. So, the suo moto notice was based on an unconstitutional act by Imran Khan!

Have you forget earlier PML-N & PPP refused to vote for amendment without agreement on the amendment of NAB law, but then voted without amendments in NAB laws .... ???? & Now they have amended the NAB laws as per their liking.

Have you forget Its was establishment who after failure of dialogues b/w PTI & Opposition directly negotiated the deal for votes for the amendment in Army act for the extension of services of Army Chief .... ???
Oh yes, I remember it all. Everybody came together to give extension to the most important military leader. But as a reaction only. Do not forget who got the ball rolling and who started the whole process by providing extension in the first place. And it was Imran Khan who set the term of the extension to 3 years.

Have you forget Maryam Nawaz categorically issued public statement that Opposition is not seeking NRO from IK after the extension circus ..... ??? In fact her words were "Imran Khan se NRO mang kon rah hai iis ki auqat hi nahi hai NRO dey ne ki" ....

Would you deny this statement .... ???

Have you forget how many engagements & meetings of SS and Army Chief are reported .... ???
Yes, they were all in it together. But again, you conveniently forget who gave the extension, who set the term of extension to 3-years, who introduced the amendment to the Army Act etc., it was all Imran Khan; the opposition merely played a supporting act.

Have you forget before or after the voting for amendment SS proposed

1- Minus IK National Government (which the current government actually is)
2- Misaq-e-Maishiat (Charter of Economy, whatever that absurd idea is only he knows)

Have you forget that NOT A SINGLE VOTE WAS CAST AGAINST THE PROPOSED AMENDMENT related to the extension of Army Chief .... ???
I don't recall any proposal which was minus IK and if somebody did even forward the proposal then he/she must not have been in the right frame of mine.

So my dear don't act smart, there may be some others people who can catch you in your tracks.
I am acting smart by showing people the mirror? It was Munafiq-e-Aala Imran Khan who gave an extension to Bajwa after making speech upon speech on the adverse effects of giving extensions when he was in the opposition. Imran Khan said that it was critical to give extension to Bajwa, as evidently the matters could not be handled by any of the successors. And it was Imran Khan who decided to bring in an amendment in the Army Act and insert clause for extension of the Army Chief for 3 years rather then to appoint a new Army Chief. So it's ironic that Imran Khan started calling that same Bajwa, who was the most critical and most patriotic Pakistani until a mere 7 months ago, a tyrant and Mir Jaffer!

I am acting smart by showing people the mirror? I
No but being selective for the events of recent past of Pakistan's political history.

Secondly by showing your hatred as exhibited by you and quoted below

It was Munafiq-e-Aala Imran Khan
So its better to face the mirror first to have a look at oneself rather to show mirror to others.
there was no provision of extension in the tenure of the Army Chief,
If there was no precedence then how the Kayani got the extension .... ??? was it illegal ... ???

Notification issued by PM office was word to word reproduction of notice of Kayani and followed the same process as was followed during the extension of Kayani by NS.

Furthermore there must not be any objection on those who were claiming the Vote ko izzat doo but voted for the extension, & now just like you those who used to oppose extension of Bajwa at that time now support all the dictatorial measures of Bajwa just because now he is opposing IK

Lastly I would ask you not to change the goal post, extension of Bajwa is not the issue under discussion

No but being selective for the events of recent past of Pakistan's political history.

So its better to face the mirror first to have a look at oneself rather to show mirror to others.

If there was no precedence then how the Kayani got the extension .... ??? was it illegal ... ???

Notification issued by PM office was word to word reproduction of notice of Kayani and followed the same process as was followed during the extension of Kayani by NS.

Furthermore there must not be any objection on those who were claiming the Vote ko izzat doo but voted for the extension, & now just like you those who used to oppose extension of Bajwa at that time now support all the dictatorial measures of Bajwa just because now he is opposing IK

Lastly I would ask you not to change the goal post, extension of Bajwa is not the issue under discussion

You are talking to Altaf Hussain fanboy

Being a karachiite you yourself know the mental condition of these guys. I don't think I need to explain more

Would it benefit us to discuss the distant past?

My hate, absolute hate, for Imran Kha is no secret. But it's not personal. Was he not my hero too during his Cricket playing days, he was indeed. But as a politician, I hate what he has done to the country and to the youth.

I did not speak of a precedence but rather provision in the Army Act. An illegal precedent is also exactly that, illegal.

Wasn't Kiyani given an extension by PPP/Zardari?

In any case, you are right that I was one of those who opposed the extension. I always oppose extensions as it is very unfair to those who deserve to be promoted, besides, all those who are next in line to become the Army Chief, or gain any other position, are just as competent as the serving Chief; otherwise they would not rise that high.

And I think Bajwa is not opposing IK, Bajwa is simply neutral and the establishment is no longer meddling in the affairs of Governance; otherwise PML would have never lost Punjab.

But extension to Bajwa is the reason for all the accusation being created by Imran Khan so it is a fundamental issue.

My hate, absolute hate, for Imran Kha is no secret. But it's not personal. Was he not my hero too during his Cricket playing days, he was indeed. But as a politician, I hate what he has done to the country and to the youth.

I did not speak of a precedence but rather provision in the Army Act. An illegal precedent is also exactly that, illegal.

Wasn't Kiyani given an extension by PPP/Zardari?

In any case, you are right that I was one of those who opposed the extension. I always oppose extensions as it is very unfair to those who deserve to be promoted, besides, all those who are next in line to become the Army Chief, or gain any other position, are just as competent as the serving Chief; otherwise they would not rise that high.

And I think Bajwa is not opposing IK, Bajwa is simply neutral and the establishment is no longer meddling in the affairs of Governance; otherwise PML would have never lost Punjab.

But extension to Bajwa is the reason for all the accusation being created by Imran Khan so it is a fundamental issue.
Sorry, but Bajwa being neutral is the joke of the century…

Bajwa is simply neutral and the establishment is no longer meddling in the affairs of Governance; otherwise PML would have never lost Punjab.
- Yes this is the reason when Imran Riaz Khan raised some simple question he was arrested & tortured

- Shabaz Gil was subject to inhuman torture & was forced to tell about the mobile and video Statement of IK which IK has recorded and asked to made public in case of his murder or in some other unforeseen event.

- This is the reason IK and Shareen Mazari were subject to illegal spying

- Wife & 10 month old daughter of Shahbaz Gill's Driver were arrested and put behind the bars.

- This is the reason at 25 May, 2022 Punjab Rangers was involved in shelling and torture on PTI workers.

- This is the reason Umme Hareem made FB post about IK

- This is the reason DG ISPR comment about the exchange rate and economy after regime change while claiming to be Neutral

There are many such examples of Neutrality
it was not me who started to discuss past .... I was talking about present time and on the present events indicating the future possibilities. You can read my posts again.
My hate, absolute hate, for Imran Kha is no secret
because of your hatred you could not analysis the situation objectively & would always remain biased in your analysis
Even courts follow the precedence there are many examples, you are terming something illegal which was not even by the court is declared illegal; SCP interference just made the process of extension more official with the backing of Provision of law.

Last edited:
publically this is the case ... only official event which was public announced was the event in Sandhurst Military Academy which he attended after that he was not publicly visible in fact he did not even attended Independence day events in Pakistan Embassy in UK.
Ask Bajwa to recite first Pakistani National Anthem if he is even Pakistani but am sure he can happily bow to the US flag and anthem. We should have a Pakistani tests like the UK, Australia and other countries have.

Think about Bajwa, he might follow as per USA Law,

"Supreme Court were initially established by the 1st Congress through the Judiciary Act of 1789. As later set by the Judiciary Act of 1869, the court consists of the chief justice of the United States and eight associate justices.
Each justice has lifetime tenure, meaning they remain on the court until they die, retire, resign, or are removed from office."

Bajwa's saga starts with Rizwan Akhtar's summary retirement right after Bajwa became chief. That should have been a 10 alarm fire if people were paying attention. If you want to know about Bajwa, that is the thread that needs to be pulled. But that thread is cut, dusted and buried, and no where to be found.

Nice little cameo, for the cheerleaders, but which I will soundly rip to shreds below.

SC took suo moto notice upon Imran Khan's arbitrary extension to Bajwa's tenure as Chief of the Army Staff; the verdict was merely to provide extensions within legal ambit. As there was no provision of extension in the tenure of the Army Chief, Imran Khan complied with the SC by amending the Army Act stating how critical Bajwa was and how inevitable an extension, however undesired, was at that juncture. So, the suo moto notice was based on an unconstitutional act by Imran Khan!

Oh yes, I remember it all. Everybody came together to give extension to the most important military leader. But as a reaction only. Do not forget who got the ball rolling and who started the whole process by providing extension in the first place. And it was Imran Khan who set the term of the extension to 3 years.

Yes, they were all in it together. But again, you conveniently forget who gave the extension, who set the term of extension to 3-years, who introduced the amendment to the Army Act etc., it was all Imran Khan; the opposition merely played a supporting act.

I don't recall any proposal which was minus IK and if somebody did even forward the proposal then he/she must not have been in the right frame of mine.

I am acting smart by showing people the mirror? It was Munafiq-e-Aala Imran Khan who gave an extension to Bajwa after making speech upon speech on the adverse effects of giving extensions when he was in the opposition. Imran Khan said that it was critical to give extension to Bajwa, as evidently the matters could not be handled by any of the successors. And it was Imran Khan who decided to bring in an amendment in the Army Act and insert clause for extension of the Army Chief for 3 years rather then to appoint a new Army Chief. So it's ironic that Imran Khan started calling that same Bajwa, who was the most critical and most patriotic Pakistani until a mere 7 months ago, a tyrant and Mir Jaffer!

The way you wrote in this tirade, I almost shed a tear and thought that it was Imran Khan introduced the practice of extensions to Army Chief and he is SOLELY responsible for the mess we are in.

do you think Bajwa would get retired after all this mess ???
Pmln will not retain him ... Once he get ectension he will throw away pmln as well

Bro, serious?

I distinctively remember DG ISPR saying something along the lines, ‘Bajwa sir ka extension ka koi iraada nahi hai. Wo retire ho na chahte hai’
But mulk k wasitar mafaad mn kuch or bhi ho sakta hai my friend ...

He is tasked to destroy Pakistan internally

November will be an interesting month.

My money is on Bajwa creating a fancy post for himself and getting the new COAS, while the PDM crooks orchestrate worse form violence and human rights abuses on the opposition.

A general election would mean victory for PTI and if Imran Khan comes this time, there needs to be a huge clean up as this would probably be his last term.

The way you wrote in this tirade, I almost shed a tear and thought that it was Imran Khan introduced the practice of extensions to Army Chief and he is SOLELY responsible for the mess we are in.
He may not have started it but he sure was involved in it and was a benefactor too.

He may not have started it but he sure was involved in it and was a benefactor too.

If I were to rank his biggest mistakes in tenure, this would be either number two or three.

When the extension was announced, I wrote a post on the very day way back then that 'Warh gaye'. When the whole VoNC fiasco was happening, some poster actually fished out that post and quoted it again, that you were right back then.

This was the most stupid thing he could have done, why did he do it? Well, those who know give a few reasons, none of which seem very convincing to me at least.

But well, bygones are bygones.

Bajwa's saga starts with Rizwan Akhtar's summary retirement right after Bajwa became chief. That should have been a 10 alarm fire if people were paying attention. If you want to know about Bajwa, that is the thread that needs to be pulled. But that thread is cut, dusted and buried, and no where to be found.

I was actually surprised that this wasn't discussed more in the media or any place. Perhaps because the atmosphere was such back then.

A former DG Rangers, DG ISI, sent to the NDU and then retired....

What good would an almost retiring Bajwa visit do?

Or he is not planning to retire?

He's there to discuss his retirement pay packages, insurances for all of his family members, housing arrangements, schools for his kids, etc. after he retires to the US.

Back
Top Bottom