What's new

US Politics

Early projection sees Republican not really doing that good where they were hoping.

It's right now +5 for Republican in the House, and even 43-43 in senate.

46-46 in senate. Republican + 5 in house, Dem + 1 in house.

This is going to be close; the MSNBC project Republican is going to be 219 +/- 13 seat as of midnight. You need 218 to gain the house.

NBC predict Fetterman defeated Oz, now Dem +1 in senate.

NBC predict Fetterman defeated Oz, now Dem +1 in senate.
I watched the entire F-O debate. I cannot see how anyone could vote for Fetterman. This man is PHYSICALLY unfit for public office. Am sorry that he had a stroke but the American public deserves someone who is mentally fit, if not intellectually superior.

I watched the entire F-O debate. I cannot see how anyone could vote for Fetterman. This man is PHYSICALLY unfit for public office. Am sorry that he had a stroke but the American public deserves someone who is mentally fit, if not intellectually superior.
Woah......Don't shoot the messenger, I didn't vote for him (I did vote in PA race)

Many people blame Oz for attending the Trump rally the last week, which pissed off too many conservative Republican and undecided Democrats

But my friend who live in Pittsburg tells me Fetterman is basically just hard working, he was there and he was everywhere trying to sell his vote, and he was in like every county, some of which have not even saw a Dem candidate in 20 years, and he was there pulling the vote.

So either he was hardworking and earn those votes and beat the Republican, or Trump is so toxic everything he touches loses. I don't know.

Woah......Don't shoot the messenger, I didn't vote for him (I did vote in PA race)

Many people blame Oz for attending the Trump rally the last week, which pissed off too many conservative Republican and undecided Democrats

But my friend who live in Pittsburg tells me Fetterman is basically just hard working, he was there and he was everywhere trying to sell his vote, and he was in like every county, some of which have not even saw a Dem candidate in 20 years, and he was there pulling the vote.

So either he was hardworking and earn those votes and beat the Republican, or Trump is so toxic everything he touches loses. I don't know.
Am not cracking on ya...

Am just saying that unless Oz is so personally distasteful, there is no way anyone can credibly explain how is Fetterman a better person than Oz to serve at a national level office. What the Democrats did was morally wrong, and they know it. Fetterman will be nothing more than just a rubber stamp for whatever the DNC want. I do not have any skin in PA. Am just an interested observer.

Am not cracking on ya...

Am just saying that unless Oz is so personally distasteful, there is no way anyone can credibly explain how is Fetterman a better person than Oz to serve at a national level office. What the Democrats did was morally wrong, and they know it. Fetterman will be nothing more than just a rubber stamp for whatever the DNC want. I do not have any skin in PA. Am just an interested observer.
Well, Oz race remind me of another election in another country just 6 months ago in Australia. The Federal Election in Fowler (Which is where I used to live, I no longer live there....) Anyway, that seat was a safe Labor Seat and people are thinking it's going to be the local Labor candidate (which is Dai Le, a Vietnamese Australian) but at the last minutes, well, more like last 3 months, Labor parachuted Kristina Keneally into the seat and basically force Dai Le to resign and run as independent. And guess who win the seat of Fowler??

Oz is parachuted into PA, he was always a NJ man, rumor has it (I cannot vouch for it) Oz is seen as an outsider in PA, and that's okay because Fetterman also, but then what RNC does did pissed off most of the moderate conservative member in the neighbourhood and if that is not problematic enough, his final association with Donald Trump would most likely tilted the community toward Fetterman.

As I said before Fetterman is really hardworking, and he has the x factor, Oz association with trump may or may not sink his ship, but him moving from NJ just to run in PA most certainly does.

Lauren Boebert seems to be certain to lose CO House seat.......
B and G needs to go, and you know who am talking about. Nevertheless, the Repugnicans are still on course to take the House, which is their original goal to start.

Oz is parachuted into PA, he was always a NJ man, rumor has it (I cannot vouch for it) Oz is seen as an outsider in PA, and that's okay because Fetterman also, but then what RNC does did pissed off most of the moderate conservative member in the neighbourhood and if that is not problematic enough, his final association with Donald Trump would most likely tilted the community toward Fetterman.

As I said before Fetterman is really hardworking, and he has the x factor, Oz association with trump may or may not sink his ship, but him moving from NJ just to run in PA most certainly does.
Fetterman worked hard to get elected, but his life history is anything but having to work for anything. On the other hand, Oz actually accomplished something with his life. One cannot be a surgeon and a TV star by being stupid. But yes, Oz is seen as more outsider than native to PA and I understand that.

B and G needs to go, and you know who am talking about. Nevertheless, the Repugnicans are still on course to take the House, which is their original goal to start.
Well, the problem is, it will not be the majority they are hoping for. I read somewhere (probably USA Today) that Republican are looking to take 40+ seat from the house, which Kornacki have a good point, because the last 10 election, when a Pres run into midterm with mid-40 approval level, it usually sink the house. In fact, midterm usually sink the house for the incumbent government except during Bill Clinton second term (65+ approval rate) and Bush First Term (After 911 and 63+ approval rate), but the republican isn't getting those number. And it's concerning. Because they need to otherwise they aren't going to dominate the house and may not even control the Congress given if they win the senate, which is highly unlikely with Fetterman win.

At this point, its Republican + 9 and Dem + 4 and Republican need net +5 to take the house, they probably will, but is not the +40 they were hoping for...

Well, the problem is, it will not be the majority they are hoping for. I read somewhere (probably USA Today) that Republican are looking to take 40+ seat from the house, which Kornacki have a good point, because the last 10 election, when a Pres run into midterm with mid-40 approval level, it usually sink the house. In fact, midterm usually sink the house for the incumbent government, but the republican aren't getting those number. And it's concerning.

At this point, its Republican + 9 and Dem + 4 and Republican need net +5 to take the house, they probably will, but is not the +40 they were hoping for...
Cynically speaking, the Repugs do not a 'mandate' level majority to derail Biden's agenda. Even just one will suffice. All they need is to remove Pelosi from the Speakership. Then they can lame-duck Biden for the next two yrs and that will stress him enough that either he will not seek reelection or will be so mentally feebled from the stress that the DNC will push him out. If the House falls into the Red, Biden is done and the DNC knows it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom