What's new

US Stealth UAV RQ-170 downed in IRAN

Iran sees a drone go down, claims to shoot it.. then finds a way to come up with a perfect mockup in 2 days.

Seriously thought.. it seems EXTREMELY intact even for something that crashed.

Even if that's true and Iran is bluffing as you claim, then you should praise Iran for two things:
1-Detecting and Tracking an RQ-170, a US stealth aircraft, and knowing that it has gone down.
2- Coming up with a perfect mockup in just 2 days.

for the one millionth time, it didn't crash. That's what the Americans are claiming. This was probably on its way to Pakistan from AFG and Iran disrupted the GPS link. Since day 1 Iran has been claiming that it was hacked and forced to land.

Why would it be coming to Pakistan?

at the retards
Iran never said that troll
since day 1 Iran has claimed that it was hacked by Iranian forces.

Oh I am so sorry. I guess everyone in list are also trolling.

Iran shoots down U.S. spy drone: reports - Zawya
Iran shoots down US drone | World news | guardian.co.uk
Iran military shoots down US drone - Economic Times

Your own IRNA-

Iranian armed forces managed to down the US spy drone with minimum damage on Sunday, December 4, 2011.

Swiss envoy summoned over US drone

The real story BTW-

Drone Wars: Why Iran Is Still In The Dark - Forbes

The only real concern USA will have is the possible Chinese or Russian interest in the downed UAV.

Most probably, the only real threat is giving China and Russia access to it. Like the F-117 incident.

Your discounting of the possibility of the UAV being recovered fairly intact could also classify as utter nonsense. The damage is most likely on the underbelly during the crash and its quite possible that the landing gear and the optics etc. were destroyed which likely explains the reason as to why the Iranians have not provided any footage, photos of the underbelly of the aircraft.

The real question is not what they have gained, it is rather what they can do with it. Very many fairly clued up folks on the US side are concerned by this loss. Maybe the Russians or Chinese would be included in the reverse engineering.

With such type of operations, loss of this nature is very much a possibility and is not unprecedented.

Umm no. What this does prove is that the Iranian story of shooting it down is false. If a RQ-170 loses control, it is configured to automatically land. That is why there is no damage.
Mate, if you were smart enough to build such a machine that costs BILLIONS to develop, I'm sure there would be a "mission" mode or a way of turning an auto landing function off as (I'm no expert) but I thought the point in a spy mission was not letting the enemy know you were there, coming into land in enemy territory isn't the best idea.

usually there would be pre-programmed back-up landing sights in friendly territory to land if such a thing should happen. FireScout (for which my friend is a engineer) has a similar feature.

not sure if that answer helps with the question I raised.
what do you think?

very true and thats my conclusion too
I mostly noticed your trolling
if you have a question, ask it here from people who know what they're talking about
Iranian Military says they have downed a US Drone ... - Page 20

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

it's official, you're all trolls

Official Confirms Authenticity of Iranian TV Images Showing Lost U.S. Drone

Read more: Official Confirms Authenticity Of Iranian TV Images Showing Lost U.S. Drone | Fox News

Irfan, how can you be a mod and be trolling like this? You really need to take your job more seriously,

Mate, if you were smart enough to build such a machine that costs BILLIONS to develop, I'm sure there would be a "mission" mode or a way of turning an auto landing function off as (I'm no expert) but I thought the point in a spy mission was not letting the enemy know you were there, coming into land in enemy territory isn't the best idea.

usually there would be pre-programmed back-up landing sights in friendly territory to land if such a thing should happen. FireScout (for which my friend is a engineer) has a similar feature.

Maybe they thought that it would be recovered by special forces before Iranians found it. We dont know the details yet.

And also I quote-

Even if they have something useful, though, the resulting security breach is likely to be modest for several reasons. First, the basic principles of stealth (“low observable”) technology are already well understood; what aren’t widely understood are the integration skills required to convert those principles into a working aircraft. Second, it isn’t likely that designers would have incorporated the latest, greatest technology into a single-engine drone that eventually was likely to be lost over enemy territory. The fact the drone was stealthy means it was intended for use in contested airspace, so the aircraft was probably designed with a recognition that it might one day fall into enemy hands.

Of course the article itself totally dismisses Iranian claims.

Oh I am so sorry. I guess everyone in list are also trolling.

Iran shoots down U.S. spy drone: reports - Zawya
Iran shoots down US drone | World news | guardian.co.uk
Iran military shoots down US drone - Economic Times

Your own IRNA-

Iranian armed forces managed to down the US spy drone with minimum damage on Sunday, December 4, 2011.

Swiss envoy summoned over US drone

The real story BTW-

there is no need to find these sources just look at press TV article in first post of this thread

Confirmed by US Officials
Official Confirms Authenticity Of Iranian TV Images Showing Lost U.S. Drone | Fox News
So you should shut up now.I would not be surprised if you Indians start worshiping US as a god.

for the one millionth time, it didn't crash. That's what the Americans are claiming. This was probably on its way to Pakistan from AFG and Iran disrupted the GPS link. Since day 1 Iran has been claiming that it was hacked and forced to land.

:what:

HOLY MOTHERpenetrating Stool!!
Are you trying to tell me that Iran found a way to break SECURE protocols on encrypted links with Dual redundant Land and satelittle comms? And then jammed all US efforts to hit a kill switch.. and flew the thing into Persian Airspace and made a pinpoint landing?? :pop:

ALL HAIL IRAN!!
ALL HAIL IRAN!!.
:cheers:

And I am DAMN serious when I say this..
M Fudging Impressed...

Back
Top Bottom