US to build Kuwait's new defence ministry HQ worth $1bn

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
1645751008953.png

February 24, 2022 at 3:36 pm

Kuwait's new defence ministry headquarters is to be designed and constructed by the US Army Corps of Engineers and other US-based contractors following the approval of a proposal by the Biden administration, worth an estimated $1 billion.

According to a press release by the Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA), "The State Department made a determination approving the potential foreign military sale to the government of Kuwait of design and construction of the Kuwait ministry of defence headquarters complex and related equipment for an estimated cost of one billion dollars.'' Congress was also notified on Tuesday with lawmakers given 30 days to raise an objection.

"The Government of Kuwait has requested the design, construction, and associated procurement. This includes provisions for all physical building and infrastructure construction costs," the statement added.

The project will include over 20 facilities, including the main headquarters for both civilian and military leadership. The DSCA also stated that the proposal will "support the foreign policy and national security objectives" of the US by helping to improve the infrastructure of a Major Non-NATO ally (MNNA).

The Army Corps of Engineers have previously worked in construction projects for Kuwait, including the state's reconstruction following the end of the Gulf War in 1991.

According to a report by Al-Monitor the development will also be part of Washington's attempts to curb growing Chinese influence in the Gulf, with Kuwait being the first country to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Beijing over its ambitious Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).

Kuwait was designated an MNNA in 2004. Last month the Biden administration announced that fellow Gulf state Qatar will become an MMNA citing its key role in the evacuation efforts from Afghanistan last summer and its financial aid to Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20220224-us-to-build-kuwaits-new-defence-ministry-hq-worth-1bn/

Kuwait's new defence ministry headquarters is to be designed and constructed by the US Army Corps of Engineers and other US-based contractors following the approval of a proposal by the Biden administration, worth an estimated $1 billion.

According to a press release by the Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA), "The State Department made a determination approving the potential foreign military sale to the government of Kuwait of design and construction of the Kuwait ministry of defence headquarters complex and related equipment for an estimated cost of one billion dollars.'' Congress was also notified on Tuesday with lawmakers given 30 days to raise an objection.

"The Government of Kuwait has requested the design, construction, and associated procurement. This includes provisions for all physical building and infrastructure construction costs," the statement added.

The project will include over 20 facilities, including the main headquarters for both civilian and military leadership. The DSCA also stated that the proposal will "support the foreign policy and national security objectives" of the US by helping to improve the infrastructure of a Major Non-NATO ally (MNNA).

The Army Corps of Engineers have previously worked in construction projects for Kuwait, including the state's reconstruction following the end of the Gulf War in 1991.

According to a report by Al-Monitor the development will also be part of Washington's attempts to curb growing Chinese influence in the Gulf, with Kuwait being the first country to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Beijing over its ambitious Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).

Kuwait was designated an MNNA in 2004. Last month the Biden administration announced that fellow Gulf state Qatar will become an MMNA citing its key role in the evacuation efforts from Afghanistan last summer and its financial aid to Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20220224-us-to-build-kuwaits-new-defence-ministry-hq-worth-1bn/

Like the one the USA built in Ukraine?... Nice.

Like the one the USA built in Ukraine?... Nice.
That's an empty comment or full of BS..since there were none in Ukraine.. you are trolling.. that is all..

That's an empty comment or full of BS..since there were none in Ukraine.. you are trolling.. that is all..

IDs deep sarcasm if you can pick it up... There is a double meaning hidden in there.... Question is... Do know what I am inferring???

IDs deep sarcasm if you can pick it up... There is a double meaning hidden in there.... Question is... Do know what I am inferring???
I just understand you're trolling..HaHaHa!

I know what you are referring to.. but Kuwait is GCC common defens member now and that is like a ME NATO.. The US has expertise in building HQs but it is not involved further than that..Kuwait just want a secure HQ for its armed forces and it paid a billion dollars to have it..

I know what you are referring to.. but Kuwait is GCC common defens member now and that is like a ME NATO.. The US has expertise in building HQs but it is not involved further than that..Kuwait just want a secure HQ for its armed forces and it paid a billion dollars to have it..

In another thread ...

In another thread someone posted something which said... "British Ministry of Defence states that Russia will not achieve its military objective in Ukraine"... In response I said.... "You mean the same ministry of a country that said Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction?"...

Now my comment for an uninformed person would seem like "trolling"... However, for someone with some wit and knowledge will understand the insinuation right away.... That's is the art of interesting speech...

So going back to the comment I made about the Gulfy paying Yankee Billions and mine about whole that similar "support" really amounts to nothing.... You will understand... Or maybe not. ;)

In another thread ...

In another thread someone posted something which said... "British Ministry of Defence states that Russia will not achieve its military objective in Ukraine"... In response I said.... "You mean the same ministry of a country that said Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction?"...

Now my comment for an uninformed person would seem like "trolling"... However, for someone with some wit and knowledge will understand the insinuation right away.... That's is the art of interesting speech...

So going back to the comment I made about the Gulfy paying Yankee Billions and mine about whole that similar "support" really amounts to nothing.... You will understand... Or maybe not. ;)
It is difficult to link your Ukraine and Britain examples with Kuwait hiring Military Engineers from the US to build its armed forces HQ.... there is no support in this..I do understand what you mean and the sarcasm..but that should be about the "support" Kuwait get from the US.. not a mere building for a big HQ and paid for on top of it.. with deep underground facilities and bunkers as well as sophisticated secure communications..and much more..since it costs 1 billion dollars..

Last edited:
These guys can't wipe their own asses with out paying the U.S
Kuwait and it's likes are simply like American special envoys in the Middle East, of course they'd build them a Defence HQ, it's a small price.

Not another US base, this is going to be a huge one close to Iraq, must mean US is contemplating pulling out of Iraq.

Back
Top Bottom