What's new

US 'to consider sale of F-16 fighter jets to Taiwan'

F-22 is not for export. They will export it in maybe 10 years once they begin work on 6th Generation Fighter.
F-35, the kinks are still working out and first the F-35s will be made for USA and F-35 Partners.

The only weapons that Taiwan will get are F-15, F-16 and F-18's.

Since any potential war between Taiwan and China will be China in an offensive role while Taiwan in a defensive role, a good number of advanced F-15, F-16 and F-18 will be enough to beat back the Chinese Invasion Forces.

What Taiwan could also use is a very good compliment of Anti-Ship Missiles which should take a heavy toll on the Chinese Navy.

There will be no wars between China and Taiwan. Private companies from both sides have been invested heavily across the Strait and their respective denizens are migrating in both directions. Science, education and culture exchanges are thriving. Soon those bellicose rhetoric will die down too.

But Taiwan does need those warships and fighter jets to protect her littoral waters and offshore islands though.

This is just because to continue the production of the f-16s, as earlier they have denied the sales.

There will be no wars between China and Taiwan. Private companies from both sides have been invested heavily across the Strait and their respective denizens are migrating in both directions. Science, education and culture exchanges are thriving. Soon those bellicose rhetoric will die down too.

But Taiwan does need those warships and fighter jets to protect her littoral waters and offshore islands though.

exactly, there is very little chance of a coercive takeover of taiwan. reunification will happen when taiwan wants it

exactly, there is very little chance of a coercive takeover of taiwan. reunification will happen when taiwan wants it

Slowly but surely we will. Chinese culture has bonded us together as one country for millenniums and this tradition will persisted.

Slowly but surely we will. Chinese culture has bonded us together as one country for millenniums and this tradition will persisted.
i humbly disagree, reunification is not up to china but taiwan.

cultural ties are not the solution to a political problem.

i humbly disagree, reunification is not up to china but taiwan.

cultural ties are not the solution to a political problem.

Of course China will not force a reunification. It's just that when 2 people of the same kind can travel across the Strait freely for a duration of, let say, 50 years any political boundary will become meaningless. For me I wouldn't even surprise some day KMT might become a political party of China. LOL

Back
Top Bottom