What's new

US war vet wants to be an Indian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogambo

Reaction score
US war vet wants to be an Indian

A 72-year-old American, a veteran of the Vietnam War, approached the Supreme Court on Friday seeking political asylum in India.

Jeff Knaebel has been living in Shimla since 1995, but wants to become an Indian citizen now.

Knaebel tore up his passport at Rajghat on June 19 last year. “After tearing up my passport, I’m stateless,” he told HT, adding he fears the US will persecute him.

Arguing his case, Knaebel said US policies were based on war and destruction and “would one day destroy this beautiful planet Earth.”

“The US government is incomprehensibly malevolent. It takes our money, our identities, and our lives. It gives us back corruption, war and lies…” he had said when he tore his passport.

The land of Mahatma Gandhi is his refuge and Gandhi’s philosophy of non-violence his strength.

Advocate SN Jha, who assisted him, said Knaebel moved court as he had failed to get a response from the Prime Minister’s Office.

The court told the Attorney General to look into the matter.

US war vet wants to be an Indian- Hindustan Times

don't even tell me what its like in the villages. i know first hand. yeah things are bad, but guess what, 2 USD a day is enough to purchase enough food to medically prevent death and attend school. farmers farm the land free (unlike india) and pay no tax (unlike india).
buying enough food to prevent death is already better than 2 million indians every year. even thinking of going to school is unimaginable for 40% of indians.

this american made a wise choice though. theres no other country in the world besides India that will take a high school dropout 70 year old.

That is the point dear. In Indian village (even in some towns) people easily survive on 1 USD per day. Schooling is free here also with meals. The medical support is free in villages and in towns - all belonging to government. The farming is free also as far as I know (being from village). The yearly taxes if any will be negligible and that too beyond certain level of wealth.

Definitely you know more about India than we know about China because of our freedom of speech and open media but please learn more holistically about India from the net and us.

This is what we also do - learn more about China.

Criticising does not make friendship. Knowing each other and learning from each other builds up friendship.

:smitten::cheers:

then tell me why do 2 million children die per year?

did they all fall on their bikes when playing?

Why some chinese can't stop trolling on all threads??? Where are the mods???????????????????

what does child death has to do with this thread???

Stop posting off topic and earning 50 cents.:tdown:

well 50 cents is enough to buy the food needed to prevent a child from starving to death so are you saying that your child's life is not worth one post?

well 50 cents is enough to buy the food needed to prevent a child from starving to death so are you saying that your child's life is not worth one post?

Well that is what you think and truly wish for right? that indians are bunch of no good guys they can't do anything proper, cannot govern cannot build a screw leave aside defence equipment. While you people are very good even the best in the world in everything. No matter what anybody says anything contrary u come up with a new article from some source and if that too is negated u say we are in denial mode.

Honestly can u say that in your Country the Great China nothing wrong happens, there are no atrocities no government malfunctions no projects go wrong? I will not quote any source i simply want a plain answer, It is in the nature of a human being to do certain things wrong and some right and it applies to the whole world and they learn from their experiences and move forward (please correct me if i am wrong) Do you want to say that your people are not normal and you have never made a mistake in your whole history.

I accept that India is behind in almost all the major fields but has not you country not come from this stage at some point of time?

If u say that yes we have never done anything wrong then i salute to your super human ness. If not then please stop posting articles and arguing that we can never develop because though we are taking time we are moving forward which anybody has to accept. Our forms of administration are different to yours and the ground realities are different which will affect the pace of growth.

If you are so anti-indian then ignor my arguments because u can never accept whatever i say.

I am so sick of some Chinese members here, always saying something bad about my country, what the hell it is our country and we have never said we are 100% right and we never said we are ahead of Chinese or anuthing of that sort, but a select few of you have no other work but post anti-india articles which i think pleases your sadistical mentalities.

And Moderators i have a question for you why do you never try to stop them even after they post such denigrating materials, some even post racist comments too (in another thread someone was saying curry munchers to an Indian) is it that you do not care if a Chinese posts such comments. IF this is the case then why don't you ban Indians completely, seriously because from a week are so each and every thread either Indian or others drags Indians and the war starts. I am really loosing my cool sometimes.:frown:

sorry, but i have no sympathy when people support war criminals.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/57749-mumbai-struggles-catch-up-shanghai-14.html

" slaves? we?what about when japan control china? more then one lakh rape in a month . "

post 197.

see, i tried to keep my cool before, but people like iloveindia, rahul indian and deepak really annoy me. some of them only say against us "all you know is how to copy" "communist dictatorship" "no innovation", celebrate war criminals, talk about overthrowing our government, deny reality and post fake news? have you ever thought that chinese people hate fake news about their country? that's why i post articles with UN statistics.

china has had problems before, now we have mostly changed them. but what do we get? random posts in china defense about "no innovation" "cheap carbon copies" "hackers" "low quality" etc.

so if they shut up, i'll shut up though it doesn't change these facts.

My friend outside this forum do we have any enimity between us. None, if i meet you on a road in India and if possible in my life in China and If we speak to each other i would ask you only about your huge cities their beauty and other wonders in your country. The thought of even asking some negative things would not even crop in my mind or that of any person around the world.

Personally i was completely under awe with your Olympics celebrations and also about the report that you sent the clouds away as it could rain on the inaugaration day (as told by newspapers) by sending some thousand rockets it seems. I don't think that in India it could be possible, my point is there are normal persons and also hate spewers on both sides. We have to live with it what can we do, all i am saying is let us discuss rather than fight and this is not only for you but also for my indian brethren too.

Let us hope common sense prevails my friend.

QUOTE=below_freezing;860157]sorry, but i have no sympathy when people support war criminals.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/57749-mumbai-struggles-catch-up-shanghai-14.html

" slaves? we?what about when japan control china? more then one lakh rape in a month . "

post 197.

see, i tried to keep my cool before, but people like iloveindia, rahul indian and deepak really annoy me. some of them only say against us "all you know is how to copy" "communist dictatorship" "no innovation", celebrate war criminals, talk about overthrowing our government, deny reality and post fake news? have you ever thought that chinese people hate fake news about their country? that's why i post articles with UN statistics.

china has had problems before, now we have mostly changed them. but what do we get? random posts in china defense about "no innovation" "cheap carbon copies" "hackers" "low quality" etc.

so if they shut up, i'll shut up though it doesn't change these facts.[/QUOTE]

Dear Friend,

Does your character and humility depends on some others over whom you do not have any control ?

I thought the steadyness in character and how you deal and communicate shows your real nature and characteristics.

So do not get swayed by others and stick to your nature.

The number 2 million - I do not know how old the data is.

About the health care what I have told is right. However being a tropical and over populated country raged by flood, drought, lack of awareness & hygiene, plagued by non implementation of welfare measures, malpractices there are a lot of areas for improvement.

Maturity of democracy is a slow and painful process as you can see in the other developed nations. But again this is natural process of governance followed by majority of the world, which takes into account plurarity, freedom, justice, etc. Even Russia had to move to democracy.

Coming back to the topic, the US vet has high regards for the non violence and non aggressive policies of India (in external sense). India is known for status quo position.

That is the hallmark India and Indian are known for world over. Exceptions are there but the general feeling is such.

:smitten::cheers:[

just providing reminders of reality.

Knowledge Professionals

With India poised to be US$ 70 billion software market in 2009, providing direct employment to more than 2.2 million (and nearly twice the number by way of indirect employment), it is essential to strengthen professional education (through curricula, faculty, infrastructure, pedagogy improvements) in line with the IT industry’s requirements and further catalyze the interface between the academia and corporate/industry.

Two million slum children die every year as India booms | World news | The Observer

Every year, a number of children equal to the number of total IT professionals in india DIE. how many could have become the next generation of computer engineers? who knows. they never had the chance to even understand what a computer was.

just remember - whether you are democratic or not is not what your country says or what other countries say, it is whether your citizens have a real voice to change their lives. i can confidently say that by this measure, china is far more democratic than india, because even the poorest person can escape poverty by going to school for free, protected by laws against exploitation and crime, and have free immunizations against infectious disease. the numbers don't lie - we have a higher lifespan since 1970, higher average calorie intake and higher education levels.

when india can do the same, i'll say, india is democratic. until then i firmly stand by my stance that india is no better than a feudal monarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom