What's new

Usa Pilot critical of Chinease J31 & J15 fighters

Last Samuri

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Usa vetren question chinease aero engineering ability especially in Avionics radars and stealth

Calling J31 a cheap copy and a J15 a floppy fish and too big to be a carrier borne fighter

Seems chinease are not all that in USA eyes.

Chinese junk? Latest fighter plane from People's Army ticketed for export | Fox News

With this in mind i want to ask the question should PAF resort to obtaning more critical western technology as in the past they have fielded technology then the indians via french fighters and usa fighters versis the indians Russian air power technology.

2 intersting but very important points raised

USA believe TVC is vital in fifth generation fighter something thats avialable on both F22 and PAK FA and indeed the su30mki

And

The chinease J15 is too big a jet for carrier borne operations something that the indians evaluated and went for the smaller mig29k as a result of their research

Last edited:
Is J-15 bigger than F-14 variants? if not then its a good plane for carrier ops.

Wrong section.. and really bad choice of news source.

EMALS vs ski jump.

USN have not used EMALS for F-14s, in future PLAN can use these big birds from larger carriers and put some smaller plane on smaller carriers.

"The J-31 "Falcon Hawk," likely designed by reverse-engineering a downed U.S. stealth fighter, was supposed “to become China’s next generation of carrier-based aircraft” and take its place next to the U.S.-made F-35 Lightning II as the gold standard in air force weaponry, according to a report last month in People’s Daily
external-link.png
. But now it looks like China, which has exactly one aircraft carrier, has scaled back the hype and will peddle the aircraft to second-tier air forces like Brazil, Pakistan and some Middle East countries."
:o:

My personal opinion is US tech isn't as great as they believe it is and Chinese military hardware is not as inferior as they think it is. Remember, Americans have only used their military against far inferior enemies and, to me, have never been really tested. I'm not saying the Chinese have superior tech or anything, but I bet the Chinese won't be building any equipment in any quantity, if it wasn't able to compete with American weapons. Americans are bulllies and rely on instilling fear and intimidation. Shock and awe is their method. Chinese is about hiding true strength to surprise enemy. I think Americans are really worried about Chinese capability, that's why they're trying to disparage Chinese technological efforts to maintain their own image of technological supremacy, especially to Allies who rely on them for security. If Americans were so truly powerful, they wouldn't have to try to convince everyone of it.

fox news.... The same news network that questioned Evolution in the schools.

But if I were to be honest, American technology is superior, the gap isn't closing as fast as some would have you believe.

Looking at the past year, I can say China still has a long way to go before reaching the American standard. Americans spend decades improving their military, while China spend decades battling the "capitalists elements."

But just keep going, it will reach their one day, and if nothing else this is good in the sense that it's difficult to get to, so that when someone try to catch us they will face the same if not more adversities.

The fun of being rich is not so much that I am, it's more that you are not.

Back
Top Bottom