What's new

USA Will Provide 1,026 M113A2 APC For New Iraq Army

that what they didn't mention how much and when contract open and close were are bids etc dear ?

This article is not even news, this has been known for over a year, I dont know more information about it neither do I want to, they are just APCs, nothing special.

This article is not even news, this has been known for over a year, I dont know more information about it neither do I want to, they are just APCs, nothing special.

but its not the way to purchase public have info where their money is going remember L-159 deal corruption last time ?

but its not the way to purchase public have info where their money is going remember L-159 deal corruption last time ?

L159 problems are due to fierce competition with the Korean T50.

Here is the info:

Iraq Requests M113 APCs

On Sept 15/10, the US DSCA announced [PDF] Iraq’s formal request to buy 440 refurbished M113A2 tracked Armored Personnel Carriers, which would be transferred from American stocks as Excess Defense Articles. The total contract value could be up to $131 million, and would also include 440 M2 .50 caliber machine guns mounted up top, 607 AN/VRC-90E Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radios Systems (SINCGARS), plus M259 Smoke Grenade Launchers, Combat Vehicle Crewmember Helmets, publications and technical documentation, tools and test equipment, spare and repair parts, support equipment, site survey, construction, personnel training and training equipment, and U.S. Government and contractor support.

The prime contractor will be BAE Corporation in Rosslyn, VA, and implementation of this proposed sale will require the assignment of multiple additional U.S. Government and contractor representatives to Iraq for a period of 2 years, with an option for additional years.

some question
1.when iraq F-16 come
2.can women join iraq army & iraq police
3.is iraq have plan to buy weapon & aircraft from china
4.is iraq have plan to buy S-300 from russia

Thəorətic Muslim;4481633 said:
And influence on Iraqi Defense. Not to mention the money coming from training and maintenance.

Like almost any other country in the world.

some question
1.when iraq F-16 come
2.can women join iraq army & iraq police
3.is iraq have plan to buy weapon & aircraft from china
4.is iraq have plan to buy S-300 from russia

1: late 2014
2: yes & yes, but excluded from land warfare for all I know.
3: Recently met with CACTIC person, JF 17, so maybe.
4: Possibly included in the 4.2 billion deal with Russia, unconfirmed.

Maybe FNSS can modernize them.

I don´t think that USA will get money for that ,i think the gifted them.

M113A4.jpg

Can I get one of those MRAPs ? :)

Custom Made & All with a mini swimming pool, flat screen television, a mini bar, leather sofas & yes a hot-line to the Playboy Mansion ! :D

Please ! :cray:
You can have a WRAP(water MRAP),from KFC(Kentucky Floating Company).

Yes its meant to turn the infatry divisions into mechanized divisions to turn the military into a force that deals with external threats transferring the internal threats to the minister of interior, a proces that will take years.
Maybe Iraq preparing the armed forces incase KRG want independence?
KRG doesnt have an air force so it would be a ground war.

Back
Top Bottom