What's new

Vehicles maintained by Pakistan Army

I like the Mog but i think all have been retired

1688767539890.png

Hard to believe that as the new LC series is prebooked... Pakistan Army had the opportunity to make these type of vehicles in house with the amount of money poured into acquisition of such platforms. Defenders, LCs, Hiluxes, Mitsubishi and what not.... Such near sightedness....
They could have bought the production line, lumber 1 duffers for no reason.

These are GRJ71s 2022 models, you can book the same model on Toyota's website (70th anniversary one) ... So they are probably making them... I know servicemen from the days when they used to reuse batteries by installing new cells... Something discontinued now i guess... Pak Army's logistical fleet was significantly boosted during Musharraf's time and PPP continued on with it as Coalition support funds were coming in. All I object to is that they could have easily made Yasoob and other 4x4, 6x6 platforms with the money rolling in. Corruption and Lack of vision killed that opportunity. Now we are stuck with that hideous, pig-nosed hamza 6x6.
that i agree but i m sure those old toyotas are off the lines
they arent lc79 we call in gcc
abu shanab

thats actually true but toyota never sells it’s copyright to anyone its not some dongfong we talking it’s biggest manufacturer in the world

there is an interesting story behind this landcruiser vehicle
toyota was closing the production lines of this vehicle and pakistan was one of the oldest user of this and pakistan army loved this vehicle
so they told them to make some more
so last 5000 units were produced just for pakistan army
and those are unique to PA
That particular model was in production until recently or may still be produced.

I have seen many of those as new in Australia. The on with Pak army looks brand new and must have been bought recently.

Do you really expect Toyota to simply hand over the blueprints of their iconic, legendary J70 SUV to some random army, that so happens to be in super-high demand all across the globe?!

J70 isn't your mommy's and daddy's Land Cruiser, which is essentially a Lexus LX in disguise. It's a 'proper' off-road SUV designed around 4Runner / Hilux's chassis, a truck which has amassed a cult-following thanks to Top Gear.

I have seen many of those as new in Australia. The on with Pak army looks brand new and must have been bought recently.

The number plate says '21' so it must be imported a few years ago, tops.

Last edited:
Yeah it's called license production with no export agreement dumbass, look it up.

I never "denied" the existence of automotive license production, smartass. Obviously, a vast majority of cars you see on our roads are license produced by the likes of Pak Suzuki, Atlas Honda, and Toyota Indus.

I merely said: "Do you really expect Toyota to simply hand over the blueprints of their iconic, legendary J70 SUV to some random army, that so happens to be in super-high demand all across the globe?!"

And that's why I said it:

1688874102975.png

And even if we "could" acquire the license without paying royalties through our noses, where's the demand? Suppose the army requires a thousand units of J70s and we assembled them, then what? We dismantle the whole production plant, is that it?!

How many civilians, do you think, would be interested in a J70? Land Cruiser is a status symbol here, after all! No one gives a sh!t about off-road capabilities. The newer the model, the better. Most people here care about the Lexus LX masquerading as Land Cruiser.

Armoured combat vehicles​

NameImageOriginIn serviceNotes
M113United States2,300 M113 A1/A2/P
600 VCC-1/VCC-2
Multirole armoured personnel carrier and infantry fighting vehicle.
Mostly modernized & upgraded, American built M113A1/A2, Pakistani built M113P & Italian built VCC-1A2 variants in service.
APC Saad
APC Talha
Pakistan2,000Multirole armoured personnel carrier and infantry fighting vehicle.
Al-FahdSaudi Arabia1,000Multirole armoured personnel carrier and infantry fighting vehicle.
MaxxProInternational MaxxProUnited States250Mine-resistant ambush-protected (MRAP). MaxxPro DXM and MaxxPro Dash DXM variants in service (50 more delivered to Pak army by IIA).
CasspirCasspir vehicle Ai101503g1South Africa<150MRAP.
Kirpi2012 Eurosatory BMC trucksTurkey<100MRAP.
Dragoon 2Tanqueta militarPakistan600Armoured security vehicle/Scout car.
Dongfeng MengshiChina300Light tactical vehicle. CSK-182 variant in service. Ordered in 2021.
Otokar CobraParadbaku98Turkey800Light armoured vehicle.
Otokar AkrepIraqi Patrol in Mosul, IraqTurkey1,800Light armoured vehicle.
Iveco VM 90Italian military Iveco 40.10WMItaly2,200Infantry mobility vehicle. Various variants in service.
Type 63Type 63 Amphibious APC 20131004People's Republic of China100ZSD-63
BTR-70/BTR-802015-05-05. Репетиция парада Победы 086Soviet Union120
OT-64 SKOTOT-64 SKOTSlovakia6

These lists are taken from Wikipedia and are only half accurate, lots of issues here.

there is an interesting story behind this landcruiser vehicle
toyota was closing the production lines of this vehicle and pakistan was one of the oldest user of this and pakistan army loved this vehicle
so they told them to make some more
so last 5000 units were produced just for pakistan army
and those are unique to PA
False. LC70 still in production. PA was absolutely not the last customer.

I like the Mog but i think all have been retired

View attachment 937562
There are still a small few left I think, I have no idea how they keep them running, but I have seen a couple post 2018. Maybe retired too now.

PA's new MB Arocs Heavy Tank Transporters. And no they are not used with VT4 rather with MBTs of Sindh based units.
Logistics capability would have been significantly improved with these.

1694116682791.png

1694116767870.png

They used to say about the Unimog; "If you can hold the wheel, it can climb a tree!!" Not popular for use in northern areas specially on the turn in high mountain roads.

Extremely versatile in the desert with its unipolar independent chassis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom