What's new

Videos show Iranian anti-hijab protesters knocking turbans off clerics’ heads

JackTheRipper

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Young Iranians are filming themselves knocking turbans off clerics’ heads to protest the country’s draconian hijab mandate.

In one clip that has gone viral, a young woman is seen running up to a man in a traditional robe from behind and delivering a powerful blow to the back of his white turban, causing it to fall on the ground.

The woman runs away without looking back, while the bare-headed Muslim clergyman stoops to pick up his headdress.

“Removing the turbans of clerics has turned into an act of protest after regime killed hundreds of innocent protesters,” the caption of the video read.

Another recording from the holy city of Mashhad shows a cleric walking over to pick up his unraveled turban, which had been yanked off his head off camera. A crowd of teens is heard cheering loudly in the background.

noriraq41-67.jpg

A viral video from Iran shows a young woman running up to a cleric from behind and knocking the turban off his head.

noriraq41-68.jpg

Iranians have turned to attacking clerics as part of a movement targeting the country’s strict hijab laws.

Iran’s youngsters have turned to what has been described tongue-in-cheek as a “game of ‘knock the turban off a cleric'” after seven weeks of violent demonstrations sparked by the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini.

Amini died in mid-September three days after being picked up by the morality police for violating the strictly enforced Islamic dress code by wearing her hijab loosely.

Under the country’s laws, women are required to keep their hair completely covered by headscarves and wear loose-fitting clothing.

While Iran’s authorities claimed that Amini died from a heart attack and denied any wrongdoing, her family argued that she had no history of cardiovascular problems and said they were barred from seeing her body before she was buried.

iranian-protest-83.jpg

Another video shows a protester unraveling a cleric’s white turban and tossing it into the street.

iranian-protest-88.jpg

A screenshot from a video shows a man running in a park trailing a Muslim cleric and smacking the turban off his head before fleeing.

masha-iran-1.jpg

Masha Amini died in police custody while visiting the Iranian capital with her family. Her death ignited furious protests across Iran.IranWire via REUTERS

Amini’s death ignited rarely seen displays of defiance from Iran’s high school and college students, with women and girls removing — and sometimes burning — their headscarves in public, and cutting off their hair in shows of protest.

Iranian youth seem so productive...
the Ayatollah regime is brutal.
it will set traps for these youth.
and walk a bait with turban and whoever knocks off the turban will be shot in the back by a hidden sniper.
this Talibani regime has killed hundreds only for protesting.

it will kill more with another excuse.

the Ayatollah regime is brutal.
it will set traps for these youth.
and walk a bait with turban and whoever knocks off the turban will be shot in the back by a hidden sniper.
this Talibani regime has killed hundreds only for protesting.

it will kill more with another excuse.

I’m not in favor of their government but this seems disrespectful.

Maybe I was just raised differently, but we never mess around with bazurg even if they behave stupidly. :lol:

Maybe I was just raised differently, but we never mess around with bazurg even if they behave stupidly. :lol:

Iranian youth seems too much tolerant than these ugly mullah,
if i was there, i try my best to slap one of these mullah with a Lady Shoe.

(Mullah are everywhere same but Shia, Sunni, Wahhabi, All are sides of same coin)

Young Iranians are filming themselves knocking turbans off clerics’ heads to protest the country’s draconian hijab mandate.

In one clip that has gone viral, a young woman is seen running up to a man in a traditional robe from behind and delivering a powerful blow to the back of his white turban, causing it to fall on the ground.

The woman runs away without looking back, while the bare-headed Muslim clergyman stoops to pick up his headdress.

“Removing the turbans of clerics has turned into an act of protest after regime killed hundreds of innocent protesters,” the caption of the video read.

Another recording from the holy city of Mashhad shows a cleric walking over to pick up his unraveled turban, which had been yanked off his head off camera. A crowd of teens is heard cheering loudly in the background.

noriraq41-67.jpg

A viral video from Iran shows a young woman running up to a cleric from behind and knocking the turban off his head.

noriraq41-68.jpg

Iranians have turned to attacking clerics as part of a movement targeting the country’s strict hijab laws.

Iran’s youngsters have turned to what has been described tongue-in-cheek as a “game of ‘knock the turban off a cleric'” after seven weeks of violent demonstrations sparked by the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini.

Amini died in mid-September three days after being picked up by the morality police for violating the strictly enforced Islamic dress code by wearing her hijab loosely.

Under the country’s laws, women are required to keep their hair completely covered by headscarves and wear loose-fitting clothing.

While Iran’s authorities claimed that Amini died from a heart attack and denied any wrongdoing, her family argued that she had no history of cardiovascular problems and said they were barred from seeing her body before she was buried.

iranian-protest-83.jpg

Another video shows a protester unraveling a cleric’s white turban and tossing it into the street.

iranian-protest-88.jpg

A screenshot from a video shows a man running in a park trailing a Muslim cleric and smacking the turban off his head before fleeing.

masha-iran-1.jpg

Masha Amini died in police custody while visiting the Iranian capital with her family. Her death ignited furious protests across Iran.IranWire via REUTERS

Amini’s death ignited rarely seen displays of defiance from Iran’s high school and college students, with women and girls removing — and sometimes burning — their headscarves in public, and cutting off their hair in shows of protest.

It looks like Iran is imploding slowly. Will be hard to crush the movement if youngsters make their mind.

Lmfao, those shots of people knocking off turbans are hilarious

Terrible manners, bad form, not good.... But still funny AF. :rofl:

Ditto. Iranians in general are pretty jaahil and rudderless as a people in my experience. Young and old alike. Gender agnostic.

As a boy i used to do that to village folk wearing their white topis here thinking it was a hoot and I was being smart.

We even used to call them names. Typical 90s classist Indian youth mentality.

I was being a stupid prick. I realise that now at 51.

Last edited:

I know what you mean and I wont want this to happen to any one.

I am just pointing out that this maybe a giggle and laugh at the expense of current regime but it can have dire consequences.

recall few years back a group of young modern Iranians were arrested and put behind bars for dancing to the tune of "because I am Happy".. song.

and were released after international outcry.

Good, when you oppress people too much, it's bound to backfire. So, now everyone suffers. They should have understood at this day and age, rules of 15th century won't work. Every society needs to evolve. It doesn't mean you start being west, but it means changing and relaxing your laws to match the time.

Good, when you oppress people too much, it's bound to backfire. So, now everyone suffers. They should have understood at this day and age, rules of 15th century won't work. Every society needs to evolve. It doesn't mean you start being west, but it means changing and relaxing your laws to match the time.

Your from a communal hindutva extremist shithole

Issues with regime aside (as it's between Iranian Public and Regime) but in my opinion these actions aren't good.

Back
Top Bottom