What's new

Vietnam asks China to end sovereignty violations

"Đại Việt" or "Great Viet" is the former name Vietnam today.
"Kinh" or "Viet" is ethnic majority in Vietnam.
I think you don't know the Battle of Bach Dang River in 938, because if you know it you did not say that.
Battle of Bach Dang River (938) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/164062-india-enhancing-ties-vietnam-energy-infra.html#post2678521

Seriously, if Vietnam was still part of China, Vietnam people would live a much better life now. Consider the good geographic condition of Vietnam. Hanoi might be another Shanghai. And the towns along the coast must be super rich.
And there are no racial problems, you cannot tell a Vietnam people from Chinese. And China has a very good minorities benefitted policy.
I see the only losers are a few Vietnam politicians who are obssessed with power.

Well, if you believe you have defeated China so many times, I am just curious how China could rule you for so long and why the heck vn paid tributes to China year after year for most of the past two thousand years??? Why not the other way around???

If you believe you can use your big mouth to defeat China again, well, I would like to see you to achieve that feat. Trust me, we are all waiting to see.

BTW, just like 1974, 1979, 1988 and etc, when we sank your boats, our army were miles away from your capital, nobody give a fxxk about your complaints. You could cry as hard as you could, just like those times before U.N. In the end, your so-called p.m. or president, will crawl back to China's feet again and ask for forgiveness and help. BTW, if you want to always be like this type of big mouth guy here, ask your p.m, president to have some spine. Show some real guts!!!:)

Well, keep on asking and see whether China give a damn to what you ask.

I answered about this in # 114, I post once again for you:

Because your country was always relies on populous to bully smaller countries.
Your country often used the "human waves". At that time, when the powers was decided by number of troops, we were not enough people to deal with "human waves" of you.
However, we took advantage of the opportunity to beat you in the battles decision, forcing your military ran home with tail shrinking between its legs.
(Unfortunately for your country, your army was still using tactics "human wave" in 1979, and they were trapped in our battlefield cannon's zones...)

"rule" is only a form, in fact we as a nation independent of the kings who Vietnamese.
At that time, it just the way we deal with the bullying of China....

BTW, just like 1974, 1979, 1988 and etc, when we sank your boats, our army were miles away from your capital, nobody give a fxxk about your complaints. You could cry as hard as you could, just like those times before U.N. In the end, your so-called p.m. or president, will crawl back to China's feet again and ask for forgiveness and help. BTW, if you want to always be like this type of big mouth guy here, ask your p.m, president to have some spine. Show some real guts!!!:)

Well, keep on asking and see whether China give a damn to what you ask.

1974 we were rolling in the Vietnam War. Meanwhile the U.S. had to leave Vietnam in 1972. You took advantage of the situation then to rob our Paracel Islands
1979 we struggled against the genocidal Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. You took advantage of the situation then to invade of our borders
1988 we were depleted because three previous wars: against French - America 1946 to 1975, against the Khmer Rouge in 1978, against the Chinese invasion in 1979. You took advantage of the situation then to invade some reefs in the our Spratly Islands

Furthermore, at that time, we were isolated by the U.S and the West sanctions.

Today, everything was completely different. Today we are friends of Asean, the U.S, Japan, Autralia, Eu ...

Seriously, if Vietnam was still part of China, Vietnam people would live a much better life now. Consider the good geographic condition of Vietnam. Hanoi might be another Shanghai. And the towns along the coast must be super rich.
And there are no racial problems, you cannot tell a Vietnam people from Chinese. And China has a very good minorities benefitted policy.
I see the only losers are a few Vietnam politicians who are obssessed with power.

First, Vietnam is not the land of China. Sometimes, you invaded our country, then we fought to expel you invaders from our country.
Second, if we accepted invasion as you said, Vietnam people would live a much better life now(?), so why everyday and everyday there are the Tibetans had themselves on fire to protest China, calling independence for Tibet? everyday there are the Uighurs protested China, calling independence for Xinjiang, then they were arrested, were to go to prison?

Can you tell a middle easterner from european?
I guess not.

Your country often used the "human waves". At that time, when the powers was decided by number of troops, we were not enough people to deal with "human waves" of you.
However, we took advantage of the opportunity to beat you in the battles decision, forcing your military ran home with tail shrinking between its legs.
(Unfortunately for your country, your army was still using tactics "human wave" in 1979, and they were trapped in our battlefield cannon's zones...)

"rule" is only a form, in fact we as a nation independent of the kings who Vietnamese.

Nah,viets are short and weak,that's the point,not number.

we took advantage?do you seriously believe that you can do better if that battle happens today?and two sides fighting on even playing field.

At that time, the Paracel Islands was administered by the Republic of Vietnam (South). If we did not fall into the Vietnam war, and if the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North) did not push the U.S. to leave Vietnam, I am sure you would not dare to touch our islands.

what happened in 1979 was like a remote military training for China,but it was considered a war in Vietnam,cause the battle field is precariously close to its capital.

A typical type of Ah Q.

You were wrong. many chinese soldiers died in Vietnam, their teammates had not personnel enough and times to bring them back china. Moreover, they withdrew hastily to preserve their themselves lives...

that's what Vietnam did to their fallen soldiers in 1979,let them rot in the wild and became wild dog food.

At that time, the Paracel Islands was administered by the Republic of Vietnam (South). If we did not fall into the Vietnam war, and if the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North) did not push the U.S. to leave Vietnam, I am sure you would not dare to touch our islands.

those are our islands and what we did was just taking them back.are you dumb enough to believe that you can beat Chinese navy if a battle happens today?3 decades ago you may have a fighting chance cause China was also very poor and the military was poorly equipped,but now it is a different story,Chinese navy can wipe out Vietnamese fishing boats makeshift navy in less than one hours,in 1988 we sent more than 70 of your sailors down to the bottom of sea to be as fish food in 1 minute.

WoW, surprisingly you have defeated China so many times. Then why the heck you still pay tribune to China year after year???

Even today, you have borrowed a lot of money from China and we are your debtor. You beg China to transfer electricity into vn since you do not have enough. You are still the beggers and get some spine when you are truly independent!!!

If China really wanted to rob vn, we would have already set up treaties with France to divide vn. I bet France would have been glad to follow and China and France will each rule half of vn.

With both Chinese army and France army eradicated the rebellions, there won't be any vn now.

BTW, when vn fought with France, China even loaned some islands to vn to use. You SOB never returned them back to China either.

Rob vn??? What a joke!

1974 we were rolling in the Vietnam War. Meanwhile the U.S. had to leave Vietnam in 1972. You took advantage of the situation then to rob our Paracel Islands
1979 we struggled against the genocidal Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. You took advantage of the situation then to invade of our borders
1988 we were depleted because

three previous wars: against French - America 1946 to 1975, against the Khmer Rouge in 1978, against the Chinese invasion in 1979. You took advantage of the situation then to invade some reefs in the our Spratly Islands

Furthermore, at that time, we were isolated by the U.S and the West sanctions.

Today, everything was completely different. Today we are friends of Asean, the U.S, Japan, Autralia, Eu ...

WoW, surprisingly you have defeated China so many times. Then why the heck you still pay tribune to China year after year???

Even today, you have borrowed a lot of money from China and we are your debtor. You beg China to transfer electricity into vn since you do not have enough. You are still the beggers and get some spine when you are truly independent!!!

Tiny Vietnam's economic life is still in China's hands.

Most of Vietnam’s major projects in Chinese hands
8/7/2010 17:40

Chinese's predominant role in many of Vietnam’s major projects is sparking concerns among national officials.

Up to 90 percent of Vietnam’s Engineering - Procurement -Construction (EPC) projects are in the hands of Chinese contractors, said Pham Thi Loan of the National Assembly’s Finance and Budgets Committee, at a conference held Friday in Hanoi.

EPC contractors draft designs, procure necessary materials and oversee construction of an entire project. They are entitled to bring in their own labor force or subcontract work to Vietnamese firms.

Most of these projects pertain to oil and gas, chemicals, power, and textiles, Loan said at the conference.

Up to 30 Chinese companies have secured contracts for the country’s major projects, including energy deals worth of billions of dollars, according to VNExpress.

Vietnam will continue to invest in huge development projects, but “if Chinese companies continue to control major energy contracts, the nation's energy security will remain very disconcerting,” Loan was quoted as saying.

Economics expert Bui Kien Thanh attributes the dominance of Chinese contractors to complex bidding specifications. The large projects often require bidders to meet international standards. At the moment, he says very few Vietnamese companies are eligable for these jobs.

Thanh added that Vietnamese companies are rarely sub-contracted by the Chinese firms who are known for importing labor and materials.

Other experts have expressed concern that local manufacturers and laborers have not been given preference, leaving the door wide open for foreign companies to seek government business.

The experts alleged that a reliance on foreign contractors has put Vietnam at risk of adding to its trade deficit, which was the nation's biggest economic bugaboo this year.

According to the General Statistics Office, Vietnam’s trade deficit stood at US$7.4 billion over the past seven months, accounting for 19.4 percent of export turnover.

Last month the trade deficit reached $1.15 billion (or 19.8 percent of export turnover). The government, meanwhile, has previously expressed an interest in keeping that figure below 20 percent, VnExpress said.

that's what Vietnam did to their fallen soldiers in 1979,let them rot in the wild and became wild dog food.

They may be civilians or soldiers chinese died. No one can verify that. I can give the clear picture of chinese soldiers were ffffallen, but it is not appropriate to post here.

If China really wanted to rob vn, we would have already set up treaties with France to divide vn. I bet France would have been glad to follow and China and France will each rule half of vn.

With both Chinese army and France army eradicated the rebellions, there won't be any vn now.

BTW, when vn fought with France, China even loaned some islands to vn to use. You SOB never returned them back to China either.

Rob vn??? What a joke!

You have forgotten that in 1946 we used the hands of the French kicked out two hundred thousand Chiang Kai-shek's troops out of Vietnam?

They may be civilians or soldiers chinese died. No one can verify that. I can give the clear picture of chinese soldiers were ffffallen, but it is not appropriate to post here.

You have forgotten that in 1946 we used the hands of the French kicked out two hundred thousand Chiang Kai-shek's troops out of Vietnam?

haha,try to deny them,i can give you the link,those were taken by PLA war correspondants.and i have tons of them.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom