What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Since I could not post a direct link, here's the quote and screen capture.

aLpmLIW.jpg

Rough translation: On October 17th 2012, Vietnam ordered another two Gepard 3.9 frigate with ASW capability from Russia, the order worth is 700 million USD.
bro Welcome to pdf, the greatest military forum on this universe. The only forum, where China & Far East only exist in name. Because 99 percent are Chinese related topics. Hope more Viet members will follow suit. Enjoy and share your thoughts here.

Any links or pictures of Vietnam's BMP-3F and BTR-82?

Well the only problem is there is large gap between order and delivery. SYPDER has been ordered for quite sometime yet we can only see it now when its arrived in our harbor. Same can be said about other contracts such as the French 155mm SPA. And if the BTR-82 and BMP-3 are indeed ordered, we have to wait sometime to see them in action. :)

Old picture of VN contingent in Cambodia back in the days. These are PT-76

1823188673a412ef489c0678c18b6f30.jpg

Any links or pictures of Vietnam's BMP-3F and BTR-82?

I have not seen any pictures and I don't know if there have been any deliveries yet, I'll have to search for links.

Since I could not post a direct link, here's the quote and screen capture.

aLpmLIW.jpg

Rough translation: On October 17th 2012, Vietnam ordered another two Gepard 3.9 frigate with ASW capability from Russia, the order worth is 700 million USD.

SK, do you have any idea why the price doubled? Its a bit more than what can be accounted by the ASW equipment and inflation. Is there some other big item included in the contract?

Well the only problem is there is large gap between order and delivery. SYPDER has been ordered for quite sometime yet we can only see it now when its arrived in our harbor. Same can be said about other contracts such as the French 155mm SPA. And if the BTR-82 and BMP-3 are indeed ordered, we have to wait sometime to see them in action. :)

Except SPYDER deal was easy to find anywhere. I found it hard to look for any articles about BTR-82 and BMP-3 deals. :undecided: Also the CAESAR deal outside articles with TTU Online as the source which only cited "expected to sign". If true, those equipment will really boost your military strength a lot though! :cheers:

Except SPYDER deal was easy to find anywhere. I found it hard to look for any articles about BTR-82 and BMP-3 deals. :undecided: Also the CAESAR deal outside articles with TTU Online as the source which only cited "expected to sign". If true, those equipment will really boost your military strength a lot though! :cheers:

I have to also tell you that very often Vietnam does not confirm or give any information whatsoever about army purchases, that's actually the traditional line. What is happening now with Spyder is actually a new situation, a new openness. They typically don't show pics of the latest equipment until newer equipment gets introduced. They are extremely secretive, beyond what is necessary in my opinion.

As a example, one of the representatives of the Russian military export agency announced last year that they were contacted by Vietnam to upgrade their 380 T-72s and everybody goes: "What T-72s?" Since when Vietnam has T-72s? That's how it is with Vietnam, so its really difficult to know or confirm what they really have.

SK, do you have any idea why the price doubled? Its a bit more than what can be accounted by the ASW equipment and inflation. Is there some other big item included in the contract?
Beside the ASW equipment and improved AK-176M1/Palma systems, I have no idea at all.

Meanwhile, the Su-27 squadron might get something new, not just new paint job. Again, rumor said it to be improved avionics, allowing them to use the RVV-AE and tracking more targets at once.

13724974_979416958847931_4973462361036944387_o.jpg

Two Vietnam made transport and replenisment vessels for the German company Opus Marine.

„Presto“ and „Vivace“

Manufactured by Vietnam's strategic marine shipyard, the 27.5 meter long vessel has a crew of three, can carry 24 passengers, 30 tons goods or 35,000 liters fuel. 4 x Caterpillar engines, top speed 30 knots. Cost: 2 million euro a piece. The German company is satisfied by the boat performance and considers placing more orders.

naming(1).jpg

Test firing EXTRA missile

A report says the Navy plans to install EXTRA system on Molynia corvettes.

vai-tro-cua-he-thong-extra-trong-phong-thu-bien-dao_16115364.jpg

Test firing EXTRA missile

A report says the Navy plans to install EXTRA system on Molynia corvettes.

vai-tro-cua-he-thong-extra-trong-phong-thu-bien-dao_16115364.jpg

Now, that's very interesting. Did the report say why? I can only think about the fact that having the Orbiter UAV as part of the system, that would give the ship its own way to locate and track targets at stand off range that normally it would have to rely on other outside assets (if available) to do the same and in that area, Vietnam is quite weak at the moment.

Any other details?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom