What's new

Vietnam has a lot to lose if its anti-Chinese riots continue

@Chinese-Dragon

What would you say the chance of a war happening is?

20%, 50%, 100% etc.

Very low. Maybe 5%.

I don't see how Vietnam could feasibly start a Naval conflict with us, considering our military budget compared to theirs, and our naval/missile/aircraft force compared to theirs.

List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vietnam trying to invade us on land is even more unlikely, and we do not have any land-border disputes with them in any case, it's all sea-based disputes. The most that could happen is a Naval clash, and I don't see how it would make sense for them to start one, logically anyway.

Very low. Maybe 5%.

I don't see how Vietnam could feasibly start a Naval conflict with us, considering our military budget compared to theirs, and our naval/missile/aircraft force compared to theirs.

List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vietnam trying to invade us on land is even more unlikely, and we do not have any land-border disputes with them in any case, it's all sea-based disputes. The most that could happen is a Naval clash, and I don't see how it would make sense for them to start one, logically anyway.
I agree.

Very low. Maybe 5%.

Vietnam doesn't stand a remote chance to fight a naval warfare.

Now it is the information age, the one with weaker hardware will get spanked for guarantee.

Now it is the information age, the one with weaker hardware will get spanked for guarantee.
Alot of their equipment is old. The navy is not that big. Vietnam would only have a chance in a land war but then again according to chinese dragon that will not happen because there is no border disputes.

Alot of their equipment is old. The navy is not that big. Vietnam would only have a chance in a land war but then again according to chinese dragon that will not happen because there is no border disputes.

Now fighting a fully mechanized PLA is not a great idea, since the PLA of 1979 was poorly equipped and trained even it had nukes and ICBMs.

To equate the modern PLA with the 1979 PLA will make the greatest strategic mistake.

We use anti-ship missile to sink ur warship, why we need to use our ship when our missile can do the job ??. seem like all Chinese here r not smart in Real combat, just like their poor trained , coward, low morale soldiers in 1979 war.:pop:

Kaan, Vietnam force all for defense or counter-strike of illegal occupation .. so it's easier mission ... than blue ocean mission...

We use anti-ship missile to sink ur warship, why we need to use our ship when our missile can do the job ??. seem like all Chinese here r not smart in Real combat, just like their poor trained , coward, low morale soldiers in 1979 war.:pop:

You got 130km AS missiles, all your warships will get sunk before you can even detect the PLAN warships.

Now fighting a fully mechanized PLA is not a great idea, since the PLA of 1979 was poorly equipped and trained even it had nukes and ICBMs.

To equate the modern PLA with the 1979 PLA will make the greatest strategic mistake.
to be frank, at that time
it's not surprised ( for Vietnamese view ) to see PLA defeated in 1979 even ICBMs used ...

China troops now much worse than that era ... before they were pushed by commander : go forward or get shoot by the commander ... now I guess there's no rule ...
And the situation of PLA soldiers are more hard, they are only sons, ... not like US family has 2, 3, 4 kids ... so any death cause disaster of social benefit during post war time

Nuke is another issue, ... If you don't want others drop nuke bombs on you, you would dont bring nuke to front.

it's not surprised to see PLA defeated in 1979 even ICBMs used ...
Nuke is another issue, ... If you don't want others drop nuke bombs on you, you would dont bring nuke to front.

Why we had to use the ICBMs against Vietnam back in 1979? Our main enemies were USA and USSR.

Do you think that China needs to bomb Vietnam with a 10000+km missile?

You got 130km AS missiles, all your warships will get sunk before you can even detect the PLAN warships.
Ah, thats all u know abt our missile, Okay, then , let shoot at our ship now, u will see we can sink ur ships from 300km with yakhont and 550km with Shaddock :pop:

181250653.jpg

It can actually happen Kaan, Yes, their dispute is basically at sea. But once the war happen, everything can happen.
But I think Viet has a chance if the war happen in their land. If they try to enter China territory, the matter become different.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom