What's new

Vietnam & India to hold fifth strategic defence talks

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Vietnam & India to hold fifth strategic defence talks

The fifth Vietnamese-Indian strategic defence talks took place in New Delhi from June 23-25.

The Vietnamese delegation was headed by Deputy Defence Minister Lieutenant General Nguyen Chi Vinh, while the Indian delegation was led by Deputy Defence Minister Bradeep Kumar.

The two parties discussed further co-operation more on matters of defence and proposed various measures to strengthen links in the future.

They also talked about the protocols for taking part in the ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting Plus (ADMM+) to be held in Hanoi in the middle of October, as well as the meeting’s agenda.

They both agreed on measures to carry out agreements reached during Vietnamese Defence Minister Phung Quang Thanh’s visit to India in December 2009.

Deputy Minister Vinh paid a courtesy call on Indian Defence Minister A.K. Antony and conveyed an invitation to attend the ADMM + from Defence Minister Thanh.

Antony praised Vietnam for its success as chair of ASEAN and said he will be present at the ADMM +. (VNA)

Nhan Dan --- News

Defence and strategic cooperations with countries like Vietnam, Mongolia, Singapore, Japan etc are crucial for India. We should work on them.

we need to start talking to them about getting a naval base in the south china sea.

we need to start talking to them about getting a naval base in the south china sea.

agreed 100% but we still have a defensive mindset, dont know if we will have the guts to take such action that can be seen as provocative ?

A large country docilely under the rule of tiny Britain for hundreds of years without significant uprisings and still worshipping their former rulers now offer protection to a country who fought face to face to US, which is much bigger and stronger, and won. Do you think it is ridiculous.

As a Vietnamese patriot, I think if India are really strong, Vietnam may invite you to have base to counter China threat. But you are not. Know about yourselves and understand others are a must to avoid being insulted. It would be more logic to ask for Vietnamese military assistance to India.

A large country docilely under the rule of tiny Britain for hundreds of years without significant uprisings and still worshipping their former rulers now offer protection to a country who fought face to face to US, which is much bigger and stronger, and won. Do you think it is ridiculous.

As a Vietnamese patriot, I think if India are really strong, Vietnam may invite you to have base to counter China threat. But you are not. Know about yourselves and understand others are a must to avoid being insulted. It would be more logic to ask for Vietnamese military assistance to India.

Chinaman
Do you read english oh sorry understand english....why are you so paranoid.
Read the article and read your post........you are just pathetic.:hang2:

agreed 100% but we still have a defensive mindset, dont know if we will have the guts to take such action that can be seen as provocative ?

Did you realise you have the Iranian flag instead of the Indian one?

Vietnam was interested in Brahmos and ships. I think India should sell them Shourya as well. There are potent weapons.

we need a navy base there and we have to work with them

I remember reading some time back about Vietnam offering one of it's ports for India ( just as a listening port ) and asking for Prithvi missiles in return... India for not "offending" China delayed this proposal and eventually every one forgot about it.. correct me if am wrong..

I remember reading some time back about Vietnam offering one of it's ports for India ( just as a listening port ) and asking for Prithvi missiles in return... India for not "offending" China delayed this proposal and eventually every one forgot about it.. correct me if am wrong..

That is correct. The news came in few years back but India was not interested. But time has changed now. I think now its time for India to raise it with Vietnam but I am not sure what will be their reply now.

Back
Top Bottom