What's new

Vietnam the winner of China’s 0 Covid strategy

We
Vietnam is 80 percent full vaccination. Even higher than Germany with 77 percent.
Vietnam death rate just sinks to 0.
Lockdown is not sustainable. Vietnam had two months full lockdown that led to nothing accept high human and economic costs. I don’t think China can stop the virus with lockdown.
I still remember 2 years ago when we contained the virus in Wuhan, you guys were laughing. Then we had 2 years of fun while the whole world burned. Now we contained it in 35 days, and you guys are relaxing it, let's see who is right in a few more months when omicron evolves. Btw, we did not lockdown the whole country, 40bil$ damage done, 2 % locked to ensure the prosperity of the 98%. Vietnam is not capable of handling sophiticated and large scale disaster scenarios, you are only slightly better than India. Lol

Looks like Vietnam gave up and let the virus go.
Of course they did, idling is the way of the incompetent. I told this many times only China can contain it. Nobody else can. Its not because we are special, its the power of governance.

We

I still remember 2 years ago when we contained the virus in Wuhan, you guys were laughing. Then we had 2 years of fun while the whole world burned. Now we contained it in 35 days, and you guys are relaxing it, let's see who is right in a few more months when omicron evolves. Btw, we did not lockdown the whole country, 40bil$ damage done, 2 % locked to ensure the prosperity of the 98%. Vietnam is not capable of handling sophiticated and large scale disaster scenarios, you are only slightly better than India. Lol

Of course they did, idling is the way of the incompetent. I told this many times only China can contain it. Nobody else can. Its not because we are special, its the power of governance.
Vietnam's economic development is good for China, and there should be no negative sentiment about it. A surplus market of more than $40 billion a year should not expect in trouble.

We

Nonsense where did I laugh? I only said you would sacrifice Wuhan to save China.

Vietnam's economic development is good for China, and there should be no negative sentiment about it. A surplus market of more than $40 billion a year should not expect in trouble.
Well of course, they import alot of components from us. We also need their young cheap work force.

Nonsense where did I laugh? I only said you would sacrifice Wuhan to save China.
Just like how we sacrificed shanghai nw. Its 2% for the sake of the 98%. Of course the economic impact in shanghai is bigger so let's assume 20% monthly gdp is affected. Assuming China adds 3 trillion of gdp a year, 20% is roughly 600bil,300bil/12, roughly 40 to 50bil$. Was it worth it? The Chinese gov is not stupid mate. If we let it spread, 1 to 2million will die, the health system would be overwhelmed. And then waht? CNN will have a new headline, despite zero covid strategy, China failed, Millions died. See the hypocracy?

Last edited:
Being Mexicans is not a bad thing. The comparison is ok. Vietnam is 20y behind China in economic development.

Vietnam is not 20 years, but at least 200 years behind China, or even more.

China invented the primitive mechanical clock since Song dynasty and manufactured modern mechanical clocks since Qing dynasty (around 17 - 18 century dynasty, Guangzhou clocks were already famous. There are still Chinese ancient clocks in the Beijing Imperial museum).

Can Vietnam manufacture, not assemble, just a simple table mechanical clock in 2022?

Vietnam exports a lot of mobiphones, but what components Vietnam actually manufacture. There may be some, but all are by foreign-owned companies, with their technologies. Our workers are just there to push the buttons and learn nothing.

Vietnam exports a lot of garments, but what components we actually produce in Vietnam?. We have to import fabric (nearly 100% for high end product, like shirt) from China, thread from China, Zip fastener from China, even the buttons are imported from China. Needless to say, Vietnam manufactures no equipment for garment and textile industry, all are imported, mostly from China and Japan. The 8-3 textile factory, once the biggest textile plant in Northern Vietnam, were aided by China with Chinese equipment since 1960s.

Vietnam exports a lot of wood products, but wood are imported. Intermediate chemical and products, like glue, are imported from China. The equipment for processing are imported, mostly from China.

Just a few examples. Perhaps it is true for most other industries in Vietnam.

Not that Vietnam cannot manufacture equipment itself. In the past, Vietnam manufactured some machine tools (lathe, milling machines, etc.), equipment for cement, food processing etc. Most, if not all, have been killed, in favor of foreign investment and enterprises.

Such narrative "Vietnam (or for that matter, India) are 20 - 30 years only behind China" are so hilarious.

I remember Vietnam begging us for vaccines when they had the delta outbreak. Lol

Vaccine from China ís lowquality. China begged us to give.

China invented the primitive mechanical clock since Song dynasty and manufactured modern mechanical clocks since Qing dynasty (around 17 - 18 century dynasty, Guangzhou clocks were already famous. There are still Chinese ancient clocks in the Beijing Imperial museum).

Why don't say that 2.000 year ago ? idiot chienese !

Vietnam is not an important customer, there is no need for China to please it
In a small market that only accounts for 3% of China's trade volume, why does China need to curry favor?

Last edited:
Being Mexicans is not a bad thing. The comparison is ok. Vietnam is 20y behind China in economic development.
Vietnam is a member of the Confucian cultural system. You should target countries with Confucian cultural systems, such as East Asian countries and Singapore.
If you are satisfied with reaching the level of Mexico, I suggest you join India and believe in Hinduism.

Can Vietnam manufacture, not assemble, just a simple table mechanical clock in 2022?

Vietnam exports a lot of mobiphones, but what components Vietnam actually manufacture. There may be some, but all are by foreign-owned companies, with their technologies. Our workers are just there to push the buttons and learn nothing.

Vietnam exports a lot of garments, but what components we actually produce in Vietnam?. We have to import fabric (nearly 100% for high end product, like shirt) from China, thread from China, Zip fastener from China, even the buttons are imported from China. Needless to say, Vietnam manufactures no equipment for garment and textile industry, all are imported, mostly from China and Japan. The 8-3 textile factory, once the biggest textile plant in Northern Vietnam, were aided by China with Chinese equipment since 1960s.

Vietnam exports a lot of wood products, but wood are imported. Intermediate chemical and products, like glue, are imported from China. The equipment for processing are imported, mostly from China.

Just a few examples. Perhaps it is true for most other industries in Vietnam.

Not that Vietnam cannot manufacture equipment itself. In the past, Vietnam manufactured some machine tools (lathe, milling machines, etc.), equipment for cement, food processing etc. Most, if not all, have been killed, in favor of foreign investment and enterprises.

Such narrative "Vietnam (or for that matter, India) are 20 - 30 years only behind China" are so hilarious.
Vietnam is 200y behind because we can’t make clock? Ok whatever you like.

If that's true, then you guys are even more. Pathetic begging for useless vaciines. Lololol

Biden says discussing dropping US trade tariffs on China

May 10, 2022

WASHINGTON, May 10 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden said on Tuesday discussions are ongoing about potentially dropping U.S. trade tariffs on China that were imposed by his predecessor, Republican Donald Trump.

"We're discussing that right now," Biden told reporters after a speech about inflation. "I'm telling you, we're discussing it, and no decision has been made on it."

:pop:

Vietnam is a member of the Confucian cultural system. You should target countries with Confucian cultural systems, such as East Asian countries and Singapore.
If you are satisfied with reaching the level of Mexico, I suggest you join India and believe in Hinduism.
Yes and no. Yes in cultural space Vietnam is part of East Asian sphere however that has changed during the Ming when relation between China and Vietnam turned sour. In part because China doesn’t see Vietnam itself not being a part of East Asia like Japan and Korea. That in turn encourages Vietnam to move into southeast spheres.

All countries except China are gambling their countries' future. They have to pray for covid mercy. They pray next variant is not a killer.
China's forgone births loss has been much greater than saving their boomers.

Back
Top Bottom