What's new

Vietnamese students surpass Chinese peers to top regional education ranking: World Bank

Way to miss my point.

I'm asking, why are you using total nominal GDP as a basis to compare HDI or GDP per capita PPP? They have zero correlation.

You assumed that because China's nominal GDP is 2.8 trillion in 2006, India is 12 years behind. What about inflation? What about currency fluctuations? GDP growth rate? China grew 12.7% in 2006, and 14.2% in 2007. Can India double the growth rate in the next 2 years?

You shouldn't even compare HDI to total nominal GDP. And even if you compare, you're wrong to compare HDI reports in 2006 to 2016, because they changed the methodology in 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index#Dimensions_and_calculation
What difference does it make if I take a nominal GDP for both and then PPP for both as long as I did the same across both. I looked at inflation, I gave you the calculations. if you think it's worse enough to matter- prove it.

What the Chinese did the next is the next year. Maybe India lags behind, maybe India actually comes close... the point is where we are today. For that matter, we don't know if your china's GDP rates were true. They were a lot of fudging going on in 2007-2008 onwards. here is a link speaking to it 2010 and another in later years. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-unreliable-top-leader-idUSTRE6B527D20101206
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/23/b...be-manipulated-understating-its-slowdown.html

HDI calculation changed for the worse in some ways or became stricter in 2011. so that works against India's favor.

And I disagree with your statement that GDP does equate to nation's power. There's a lot more that defines power. Even with 2nd highest GDP, you guys are still poor and not yet a developed country. You have no brand; nobody is aspirational about you, nobody wants to be you; nobody wants to live among you-nobody wants to emulate your culture or traditions- you have no brand again. Which means no real power, rather just transactional relationships.

And I disagree with your statement that GDP does equate to nation's power. There's a lot more that defines power. Even with 2nd highest GDP, you guys are still poor and not yet a developed country. You have no brand; nobody is aspirational about you, nobody wants to be you; nobody wants to live among you-nobody wants to emulate your culture or traditions- you have no brand again. Which means no real power, rather just transactional relationships.
:cheesy::cheesy:
Whatever makes you happy.

Meanwhile companies like BYD, Huawei, Oppo, Lenovo, Tencent are making their moves internationally.

And then people like Elizabeth Warren and Donald Trump are saying things like
http://www.weeklystandard.com/elizabeth-warren-ad-lets-be-more-like-china/article/649175
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...o-act-more-like-china/?utm_term=.63ec38dc4011
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/eu-reform-china_us_58d3dd12e4b0f838c6300f21

Now I am wondering who is advocating let's be more like India at all, and why isn't Donald Trump's granddaughter studying Hindi instead of Chinese? And yes she speaks really good Chinese.

What difference does it make if I take a nominal GDP for both and then PPP for both as long as I did the same across both.

You're avoiding the question.

Why are you using total nominal GDP as a basis to gauge their differences in their HDI or per capita GDP PPP?

And I disagree with your statement that GDP does equate to nation's power. There's a lot more that defines power.

Total GDP isn't the sole factor, but it's one of most important factor.

I agree that there's a lot more that defines power.

Even with 2nd highest GDP, you guys are still poor and not yet a developed country. You have no brand; nobody is aspirational about you, nobody wants to be you; nobody wants to live among you-nobody wants to emulate your culture or traditions- you have no brand again. Which means no real power, rather just transactional relationships.

I'm not from China.

You're avoiding the question.

Why are you using total nominal GDP as a basis to gauge their differences in their HDI or per capita GDP PPP?

Total GDP isn't the sole factor, but it's one of most important factor.

I agree that there's a lot more that defines power.

I'm not from China.

I have answered your question six ways to Sunday. there seems to be a lack of understanding with you on analysis done using a common standard among all. All you have done is make statements with no backing. Claim some higher Inflation rates to exist but never show it etc etc.

GDP is not the most important factor to show national power, there are countries with far lesser GDP than us and far better HDI, per capita, and standard of living success measures etc. Even militarily it does not matter, as in the case of Russia. This is obviously not your cup of tea. Good day

I have answered your question six ways to Sunday. there seems to be a lack of understanding with you on analysis done using a common standard among all. All you have done is make statements with no backing. Claim some higher Inflation rates to exist but never show it etc etc.

What are you talking about? Absolute nominal GDP has little to do with HDI or per capita GDP PPP.

India has greater GDP than Norway. So? It has higher HDI than Norway? Norway has greater nominal GDP than Singapore. So it must have greater GDP PPP per capita than Singapore?

You're basing on the flawed logic that because India's nominal GDP is 2.8 trillion, it is 12 years behind China and compare the HDI of India today to China in 2006 which makes zero sense. Why are you using nominal GDP as a proxy to gauge their differences in HDI? Why would you even try to adjust time difference in that way?

Your logic: China's GDP is also 2.8 trillion in 2006, therefore India is 12 years behind > India has higher HDI than China in 2006 > Therefore India is doing better

What a shifting of the goalpost. Just compare them today.

Moreover, can India grow 14% in 2017? China allowed its currency to appreciate nearly 20% against the dollar from 2005 to 2008, and appreciated further after the GFC and the US started QE. Will the Rupee appreciate that much in the next 3 years? China's nominal economy is 5x of India's today. Can India grow their economy by 5x in 12 years? Are you sure they lag the Chinese only by 12 years in nominal GDP?

GDP is not the most important factor to show national power, there are countries with far lesser GDP than us and far better HDI, per capita, and standard of living success measures etc.

Thanks for saying what I'm saying the whole time. Total GDP has nothing to do with HDI or per capita income. Why you use them to time-adjust the differences between China and India, or rather why would you even try to time-adjust, is beyond me. That's just shifting the goal post to put down China and suit your narrative that they aren't doing anything good.

GDP is not the most important factor to show national power

Where did I say that it's THE most important factor in national power? I just said it's one of the most important, but not the sole factor.

The smartest Indians are working in foreign countries, and the smartest Chinese are working for China. That is why China is 5 times stronger than India. Nothing to be proud of, kid.
Trump : “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best”
Modi : “When India sends its people, they’re definitely sending their best”
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think that's good, Vietnamese are smart people and also hard working lot. They have great potentials.

It seems that vietcongs cannot even read the chart properly, which main be explained by their low IQ scores.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom