What's new

Violence in East India

I disagree. Constructive religious conversation is always good unless one suffers from internal insecurity. No harm in doing it. Leave it who will be converted, but at least all religions teach good deeds, so why not to discuss them with other people who have different believes.

Those are just platitudes which mean nothing. Religious leaders may teach anything they feel like, since there's nobody to monitor what they teach. Especially in remote villages where votebanks are a fact of life.

We have been trained to automatically respect religious leaders, no matter what kind of scum they may be.

Converting uneducated and ignorant people to a different religion is a criminal act, and should be discouraged. If a person has some degree of secular and scientific education, and were equipped to some degree to make such a decision, then perhaps it is warranted.

Churches are a remnant of the dark ages which are being imported into India since they have lost ground in the west. In the age of knowledge, we dont' need more religion.
We need secular education, and we need patriotism. Churches don't' serve any of those purposes.

Those are just platitudes which mean nothing. Religious leaders may teach anything they feel like, since there's nobody to monitor what they teach. Especially in remote villages where votebanks are a fact of life.

So its a job of your Govt to monitor religious education by setting up guidelines thus enforcing standards.

Converting uneducated and ignorant people to a different religion is a criminal act, and should be discouraged. If a person has some degree of secular and scientific education, and were equipped to some degree to make such a decision, then perhaps it is warranted.

If this is the case, then India should BAN all the hindu religious educational activities in India as well as abroad where so called SADHU goes and teach "Shanti". Why to adpot double standards?

Churches are a remnant of the dark ages which are being imported into India since they have lost ground in the west. In the age of knowledge, we dont' need more religion.
We need secular education, and we need patriotism. Churches don't' serve any of those purposes.

That’s exactly what can be said about hindu religious worship places that they are remnant of dark ages. So will this argument go anywhere? Secularism does separate religious interference from politics, but never ever undermines religious rights of the people. Burning a church does not prove that state is secular; it rather indicates that state is being run by fundamentalist extremists.

Just writing down a word in constitution does not make a country secular, it needs practical actions by providing rights to the people whether they want religion or not. Let them choose. But we are talking about your secular idea of India, I suppose...

So its a job of your Govt to monitor religious education by setting up guidelines thus enforcing standards.

Faith is personal .. government or any other institution have no right to regulate it .. it is the duty of individual to regulate his behaviour within the rules of human ethics . -BEHAVE THE SAME WAY, YOU WANT OTHERS TO BEHAVE WITH YOU .

If this is the case, then India should BAN all the hindu religious educational activities in India as well as abroad where so called SADHU goes and teach "Shanti". Why to adpot double standards?

As i said faith is personal government has no right to ban anything .
by the way spritualism and faith are two diffrent things ..

but never ever undermines religious rights of the people. Burning a church does not prove that state is secular; it rather indicates that state is being run by fundamentalist extremists.

act of few criminals cant be attributed to a state ..
very much like a rapist in Pakistan dont indicate that state is run by perverts .

Just writing down a word in constitution does not make a country secular, it needs practical actions by providing rights to the people whether they want religion or not. Let them choose. But we are talking about your secular idea of India, I suppose

Lol , look who is talking. follow what you teach ..

Vatican condemns Orissa orphanage attack

Associated Press
Vatican City, August 26, 2008
First Published: 19:41 IST(26/8/2008)
Last Updated: 19:47 IST(26/8/2008)

Print

The Vatican on Tuesday criticised an attack in Orissa by suspected VHP activists who set fire to a Christian orphanage, killing a woman and seriously injuring a priest.

In a statement, the Vatican said the "Holy See expresses reprehension for these actions which harm the dignity and the freedom of people and compromise peaceful civilian coexistence."

It appealed for an end to violence and for "a climate of dialogue and reciprocal respect."

The denunciation of a top Vatican official in an interview with Italian daily Corriere della Sera published on Tuesday was harsher.

In the interview, Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran called the attack "a sin against God and humanity." Tauran said there was "no possible justification" for yesterday's attack in Khuntapali, a village in Orissa.

"Certainly religion cannot be invoked for crimes of this type," Tauran, who heads the Vatican's council for inter-religious dialogue, was quoted as saying by the newspaper.

Tauran was quoted by Corriere as saying that the incident would prompt him to intensify his contacts with Hindu leaders. He urged them to address the problem of violence against Christians, which he claimed is being largely ignored.

Vatican condemns Orissa orphanage attack - Hindustan Times

Faith is personal .. government or any other institution have no right to regulate it .. it is the duty of individual to regulate his behaviour within the rules of human ethics . -BEHAVE THE SAME WAY, YOU WANT OTHERS TO BEHAVE WITH YOU .

I was talking about religious preaching, NOT FAITH. Govt has all rights to set up standards of religious education & preaching to prevent extreamism to grow.

As i said faith is personal government has no right to ban anything .

Same goes with the churches. Why to ban them?

act of few criminals cant be attributed to a state ..

Acts of criminals can't be attributed to a state, but silence of state on religious criminal acts can be attributed as a state supported criminal act. Let me refresh your memory with Gujrat Masacre. Extreme hindu fanatics are still at large holding govt positions, but till today no action has been taken by so called secular state. WHY?

Lol , look who is talking. follow what you teach...

Something better please.

I think he doesn't know how secular India is.

:) my dear they knew that how secular India is but the problem was till sometimes back that only Muslims were targted by Hindu fanatics so the West was not much botherd about the nature of so-called secularism there.

NOw when the Christians got the taste of Hindutva ideology the West has woken up.

:) my dear they knew that how secular India is but the problem was till sometimes back that only Muslims were targted by Hindu fanatics so the West was not much botherd about the nature of so-called secularism there.

NOw when the Christians got the taste of Hindutva ideology the West has woken up.

i dont know y u r so keen in our internal affairs,i dont get the point when u hav so much trouble in ur politics,anti terrorism,economy.......its very surprising for me.

i dont know y u r so keen in our internal affairs,i dont get the point when u hav so much trouble in ur politics,anti terrorism,economy.......its very surprising for me.

Actually i am in love with India so much
:enjoy:

Duh.

Because people in the west are better educated, and religious activities can be monitored better to ensure that no hate propaganda etc. is being taught.

Even Britain is suffering from the same problem with Mosques being used to preach extremist views.

Hindus do not convert, I doubt Hindus will have a problem if conversion is banned.

That’s exactly what can be said about hindu religious worship places that they are remnant of dark ages. So will this argument go anywhere?

Of course they are. Which is why we teach science in schools, not Bhagwad Gita or Bible.

Hindus do not convert, I doubt Hindus will have a problem if conversion is banned.

Dah
so who are those converting to Christianity in India and who are now being burnt alive by VHP terrorists. Were they not Hindus before converting ???

Or oh wait a minute they were low cast Hindus right ? and YOu guys dont consider them Hindus in the first place !

Dah
so who are those converting to Christianity in India and who are now being burnt alive by VHP terrorists. Were they not Hindus before converting ???

Or oh wait a minute they were low cast Hindus right ? and YOu guys dont consider them Hindus in the first place !

You didn't understand my post. Please read it again, and write a different reply.

You didn't understand my post. Please read it again, and write a different reply.

You said Hindus do not convernt and they will not have any problem if conversion was banned.

MY question if Hindus do not convert then who are those Dalits who had and who are converting to Chritianity and other faiths in thousands of numbers ???

Were they not Hindus ???

You said Hindus do not convernt and they will not have any problem if conversion was banned.

MY question if Hindus do not convert then who are those Dalits who had and who are converting to Chritianity and other faiths in thousands of numbers ???

Were they not Hindus ???

What I meant was that hindus don't proselytize.

What I meant was that hindus don't proselytize.

:) But they do stop others from converting to other faiths from Hinduism that is the problem.

Thats why you advocate ban on conversion it means that you are trying to stop people from using their free will.

Back
Top Bottom