What's new

Virus alert on PDF

StormShadow

Reaction score
My antivirus has sounded an alarm when I visited the below thread.

Talk Less, Do More... | Page 43

In the recent goof up on PDF, so many users were concerned about the safety issues. These type of viruses on this site may make matters worse. Request mods/admins to take action in the best interests of PDF.

Regards,
StormShadow

It's problem on your side. You are entering some kind of sites or downloading files that are giving you viruses.

It's problem on your side. You are entering some kind of sites or downloading files that are giving you viruses.
No...I have given you a link. Click on it to confirm.[not recommended]. If it was on my side, why would I report it to mods on pdf!!!! lol...

No...I have given you a link. Click on it to confirm.[not recommended]. If it was on my side, why would I report it to mods on pdf!!!! lol...

I am on mobile and only seeing many photos. No virus mate. Maybe your web browser or add on that came with Adobe download.

I am on mobile and only seeing many photos. No virus mate. Maybe your web browser or add on that came with Adobe download.
Dude...I'm a software developer. I can identify threats if they are file system or web resource. The alert which I have got is a web resource threat. This has nothing to do with my downloads. The images which you are seeing on that link are just that...images. But the url which was used to post that link contains a malware. Which means...the photo has been embedded with a virus...maybe intentionally or maybe not. So, in the best interests of the safety of other users, I have reported. Lets see what admins decide.

In the recent goof up on PDF, so many users were concerned about the safety issues. These type of viruses on this site may make matters worse. Request mods/admins to take action in the best interests of PDF.

Regards,
StormShadow

It could be one of the hotlinked sites, it happened to me a few times, doubt it has anything to do with pdf.

It could be one of the hotlinked sites, it happened to me a few times, doubt it has anything to do with pdf.
Yes...but why take chances. Admins should delete such content asap. Imagine PDF with tons of virus containing external links. It's better to report as soon as we spot it to keep this site clean.

Yes,yes..there are far too many viruses..err Indians here.

Regards,
StormShadow

Nope...its just you

no problems on my side and I use the latest version of Kaspersky anti-virus software

Back
Top Bottom