What's new

War Poems

jaibi

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Home in the mountains
I felt at home in the mountains, where I know I do not belong. Away from the bright lights of the city, the city where I am from where you are from, where you will live and you will die but perhaps my fate is here. For I do not come as a visitor, like you, I feel at home in these mountains. The ruggedly brutal landscape has the strangest peace and contentment I have ever felt, I have ever seen and it resonates with something that is within, persistent and deep.

The wind is as savage as the land, it howls at me and cuts through like the sharpest knife you have never seen and yet, I feel at home in these mountains; for the wind, however brutal, at least, is true. I can see here, in my home, how arbitrary you and I are, how thin the lines we’ve drawn between us truly are. How very different and yet same are him and I, both clad in clothes, equally meaningless here, for which we are to kill one another. One of us will be the other’s death yet that makes it known that we were once alive. And yet, he and I feel closer than you will ever feel to another, for we live in the truth and we are at home in these mountains.

There is no forgiveness here, nor do we expect it,

There is no lie here, nor do we speak it,

There is no light here, nor do we seek it,

There is no darkness here, nor do we fear it.

We are here for fleeting moments, as are you, yet you live to deny,

We embrace,

And this is why, my dearest brother, we are at home in these mountains, at the very least, him and I…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is an echo of the souls who fought, I'm trying my best to reflect their words. Thank you.

@dbc @PanzerKiel @Joe Shearer @That Guy @ghazi52 @aziqbal @bratava
@Casus Belli @dbc @F.O.X @forcetrip @Hakan @haviZultan @Indos @KAL-EL @MilSpec @Mugwop @Munir @Neutron @S.U.R.B. @siegecrossbow @Signalian @SpArK @TOPGUN @TruthSeeker @vostok

@Ark_Angel @CommandEleven @CPGS @denel @Desertfalcon @GlobalVillageSpace @Quwa @RadioactiveFriends @TheMightyBender @Tps43

@Aamir Hussain @ajpirzada @araz @Awesome @Chak Bamu @Dazzler @Dubious @EagleEyes @ThePatriotReport @UnitedPak @T-Faz @Sapper @roadrunner @RescueRanger @Rafael @Pfpilot @notorious_eagle @niaz @muse @mean_bird @Manticore @Kasrkin @Jungibaaz @Jabar 1 @Icarus @HRK @Elmo @Emmie @fatman17 @Awesome

Outstanding!
Got my heart beating! :D
I hope it`s an excerpt from your book :D

Beautiful. God bless you.
Home in the mountains
I felt at home in the mountains, where I know I do not belong. Away from the bright lights of the city, the city where I am from where you are from, where you will live and you will die but perhaps my fate is here. For I do not come as a visitor, like you, I feel at home in these mountains. The ruggedly brutal landscape has the strangest peace and contentment I have ever felt, I have ever seen and it resonates with something that is within, persistent and deep.

The wind is as savage as the land, it howls at me and cuts through like the sharpest knife you have never seen and yet, I feel at home in these mountains; for the wind, however brutal, at least, is true. I can see here, in my home, how arbitrary you and I are, how thin the lines we’ve drawn between us truly are. How very different and yet same are him and I, both clad in clothes, equally meaningless here, for which we are to kill one another. One of us will be the other’s death yet that makes it known that we were once alive. And yet, he and I feel closer than you will ever feel to another, for we live in the truth and we are at home in these mountains.

There is no forgiveness here, nor do we expect it,

There is no lie here, nor do we speak it,

There is no light here, nor do we seek it,

There is no darkness here, nor do we fear it.

We are here for fleeting moments, as are you, yet you live to deny,

We embrace,

And this is why, my dearest brother, we are at home in these mountains, at the very least, him and I…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is an echo of the souls who fought, I'm trying my best to reflect their words. Thank you.

@dbc @PanzerKiel @Joe Shearer @That Guy @ghazi52 @aziqbal @bratava
@Casus Belli @dbc @F.O.X @forcetrip @Hakan @haviZultan @Indos @KAL-EL @MilSpec @Mugwop @Munir @Neutron @S.U.R.B. @siegecrossbow @Signalian @SpArK @TOPGUN @TruthSeeker @vostok

@Ark_Angel @CommandEleven @CPGS @denel @Desertfalcon @GlobalVillageSpace @Quwa @RadioactiveFriends @TheMightyBender @Tps43

@Aamir Hussain @ajpirzada @araz @Awesome @Chak Bamu @Dazzler @Dubious @EagleEyes @ThePatriotReport @UnitedPak @T-Faz @Sapper @roadrunner @RescueRanger @Rafael @Pfpilot @notorious_eagle @niaz @muse @mean_bird @Manticore @Kasrkin @Jungibaaz @Jabar 1 @Icarus @HRK @Elmo @Emmie @fatman17 @Awesome

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom