What's new

Warship captain sacked after misguided order leads to death

never mock a death bro.it can happen to any one.very unfortunate indeed but it is all part of training n no one should be blamed.may he RIP

Apparently not so.

1)I meant SCUBA diver's,this wasn't a SCUBA diving incident.

2)If you want to know the skill ask any LTTE chap from 1986-88 time if he is still alive,he'll tell you how the MARCOS dived and swam underwater for a mile and blow up LTTE boats again and again and again.

That idiot wanted to check bravery?? He should already have known that only brave people are recruited in army, Airforce, Navy etc..... RIP.

WTF??? So a guy qualified to be a naval officer, and could not swim? What are they teaching at the naval academy.
several men died by drowning in us navy during second world war it is not they could not swim but for how long. It does not matter how much you can swim if you are diving straight in to a sharks throat

I believe its just a political correct decision. Its now Captain's fault that the young naval officer don't know how to swim.

Apparently he was a good swimmer..
Incidentally, Kumar was a "strong swimmer'', known to have regularly swum across the over 1-km wide Khadakwasla Lake as a cadet in the premier tri-Service National Defence Academy near Pune.

This guy has lost his life, because of the lack of safety precautions. Lets not ridicule him like this.

It's unfortunate accident, but this is part of life of a soldier they have to go through tough exercises to make themselves ready for the time when nation need them. R.I.P

This title is VERY misleading, the captain has only been asked to step down as CO whilst IN BOI is opened so as not to prejudice the investigation- standard military procedure. Many people are commenting, saying this and that but the truth is most of the people here (including myself) haven't served and have very little idea what it is like to as such we really are in no position to attack. Very little actual info has come out in this case so we really have no idea what has happened or the circumstances around this tragic death. Obviously something has gone very wrong given the safety precautions IN takes (divers, rescue boats) when undertaking such tasks.

Drowned Navy officer did not wear life jacket - Indian Express

The young Navy officer who drowned while undergoing training at sea last month was not wearing a life jacket, a glaring violation of rules that is now being probed by the Board of Inquiry that has been ordered into the accident.

Sub Lt Bipin Kumar, who drowned while undergoing diving training from the INS Talwar frigate off the Gujarat Coast in December, was a good swimmer but was still required to wear a life jacket, which is mandatory for all training missions while at sea.

While Captain Rahul Parmar, who was commanding the INS Talwar frigate, has been taken off duty, the BoI is probing possible lapses committed by him, including the failure to follow safety procedures. However, Parmar is believed to have an impeccable service record

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom