What's new

'Watching Geo is Haraam,' Sunni Ittehad Council issues fatwa

Major Sam

STAFF
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hamid Raza said Geo's apology is meaningless, will hold sit-in until channel is shut down.

ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) – Sunni Ittehad Council (SIC) scholars issued a fatwa (decree) against Geo TV on Thursday terming watching it forbidden. SIC Chief Hamid Raza said that Geo’s apology is meaningless and that his organization will take to streets and hold sit-in for indefinite period if ‘justice’ is not served, Dunya News reported.

Addressing press conference along with Faisal Raza Abdi on Thursday, he said that the way the names of Ahl-e-Bait (family of Prophet Muhammad PBUH) were taken during the broadcast on Geo Entertainment’s morning show is forbidden.

He warned that if the current government doesn’t act on such ‘nonsense’, it would be binding upon Muslims to do it by themselves.

He demanded cases registered against producer and host of the show.

Former senator Faisal Raza Abdi said that the protest starting from Sunday will continue until is shut down.
Hamid Raza also announced to take the matter to Supreme Court.

The episode in question aired a do over of the wedding rituals of prominent actress Veena Malik and her husband Asad Khattak. During one such ritual, a Qawali was being performed live in the background and together with the visuals, it allegedly appeared objectionable and potentially insulting.

Sunni Ittehad Council (SIC) Chief Hamid Raza announced to hold sit-in protests against the broadcast until indefinite period. It merits mentioning here that the host of the morning show in question apologized on TV while terming it an unintentional mistake. The apology is rejected by Hamid Raza saying it doesn’t mean anything if broadcast is not suspended.

He also said that if YouTube can be blocked over blasphemous material, why not Geo?

http://dunyanews.tv/index.php/en/Pakistan/222144-Watching-Geo-is-Haraam-Sunni-Ittehad-Council-is

Geo last days are numbered now.....

The fatwa making council, plenty of those around. Don't say anything related to faith, religion. Instead issue one political fatwa after the other.

Shame on you.

Boycott it, on who's authority do you speak against it on religious terms?

The fatwa making council, plenty of those around. Don't say anything related to faith, religion. Instead issue one political fatwa after the other.

Shame on you.

Boycott it, on who's authority do you speak against it on religious terms?
when Institutes like PEMRA dont do what they should have been doing and hence are politicized then you will definately see such things happenning here....

A blessing in disguise, its good to see all sects on one platform.
Khara Sach With Mubashir Lucman - 15th May 2014

I am not a Geo fan and I was angry while I see this BS ... But today another thing come in my knowledge ... Same malicious thing has been happened in ARY marriage ... There just two differences .........
1) There is an ordinary couple in ARY but in Geo notorious Veena and her husband was a couple ...........
2) Nowadays Geo is under the cloud and ARY is trying to getting maximum benefit of this situation .............

Mubashir Lucman had said in his 14th May program that he was hurt and he has no problem with Veena ... In fact if his own sister was there in place of Veena he must be hurt due to this thing ... But he didn't conduct any program against his own channel ... Both channel did wrong and both programs are condemnable but this is his hypocrisy that he is silent against his channel ..................

when Institutes like PEMRA dont do what they should have been doing and hence are politicized then you will definately see such things happenning here....
I am always against Mullahs and their fatwas - but in this case even i don't like what Geo did and it should have been PEMRA who should take action, opportunists gets chance because of incompetent and haramkhoor officials.

Doesn't matter what your political views are. Religious authorities should stick to religion, the reason why we are in this mess of extremism in our ranks is partly because of some stupid clergy members politicising our religion.

And note, I am against Geo's conduct 110%.

Doesn't matter what your political views are. Religious authorities should stick to religion, the reason why we are in this mess of extremism in our ranks is partly because of some stupid clergy members politicising our religion.

i agree but then who should have taken any action against GEO or any channel seriously violating the rules?

PEMRA arent working then who?

1. This case is not political - sentiments of ordinary people are hurt.
2. As i said, It should have been PEMRA to take action, why the fcuk we are feeding these ba$stards with public money when they are not doing any job and the nut cases are able to avail opportunity.

I am not a Geo fan and I was angry while I see this BS ... But today another thing come in my knowledge ... Same malicious thing has been happened in ARY marriage ... There just two differences .........
1) There is an ordinary couple in ARY but in Geo notorious Veena and her husband was a couple ...........
2) Nowadays Geo is under the cloud and ARY is trying to getting maximum benefit of this situation .............

Mubashir Lucman had said in his 14th May program that he was hurt and he has no problem with Veena ... In fact if his own sister was there in place of Veena he must be hurt due to this thing ... But he didn't conduct any program against his own channel ... Both channel did wrong and both programs are condemnable but this is his hypocrisy that he is silent against his channel ..................

ML is biggest hypocrite among all the anchors

1. This case is not political - sentiments of ordinary people are hurt.
2. As i said, It should have been PEMRA to take action, why the fcuk we are feeding these ba$stards with public money when they are not doing any job and the nut cases are able to avail opportunity.
its simple bro....nexus between PMLN and PEMRA nad GEO!

Back
Top Bottom