Rollno21

Reaction score
Country
India
“We are not China’s colony” says Botswana over a controversial Dalai Lama visit
Lynsey Chutel
August 18, 2017
safrica-zuma.jpg

You threatening me? (Reuters/Siphiwe Sibeko)

Botswana president wants you to know that he is not intimidated by China. Ian Khama, president of the diamond-rich nation of less than two million people, stood up to the global power over the Dalai Lama’s planned visit to his county this week.

“We are not your colony,” was the money quote of Khama’s account of his diplomatic standoff with China in recent weeks.

The Dalai Lama was set to visit the capital Gaborone for Aug. 17 to 19, as part of what Botswana officials dubbed a “purely private” visit organized by the NGO Mind and Life Institute and the Botho University. Still, Khama was set to meet with the spiritual leader, riling the Chinese.

botswana-guardian.jpeg

A defiant exclusive.
“They told me things like the ambassador may be recalled, it would damage relations between Botswana and China that they would as China engage other African states to isolate Botswana,” Khama said in the Aug. 17 edition of the Botswana Guardiannewspaper.

Neither side got to test the other’s resolve after the Dalai Lama cancelled his trip late last week, citing exhaustion and a doctor’s recommendation to avoid long trips.

“So we assume he will make a speedy recovery and once he has recovered, he is of course welcome to come and visit Botswana,” Khama said defiantly. Chinese diplomats had earlier asked Botswana to “earnestly respect China’s core interests and make the correct political decision.”

Despite China’s warnings, Gaborone forged ahead with preparations for His Holiness’ visit. Gabz FM, one of the largest private radio stations in the country, ran regular advertisements for the live broadcast of the dialogue on “spirituality, science and humanity.”

In the Dalai Lama’s absence, the radio station still broadcast the three-day conference. Earlier this month, the Botswana Guardian newspaper published a glowing travel review of tourism to Tibet. The country’s media seems emboldened by the president’s stance that his country will not be bullied, sending the message that Botswana does not need China.

Botswana’s economy has stagnated as global commodity prices have dipped. The country needs to open up to more international investors that are interested in more than its diamonds. In the past, Botswana has benefitted from Chinese infrastructure development, but that usually comes with the recognition of the One China policy, and icing out Tibet. Hosting the Dalia Lama is a diplomatic and economic risk few African countries will dare.

It’s a gamble larger countries like South Africa have been too scared to take. Since Khama is stepping down next year, he won’t have to deal with the fallout of his diplomatic defiance.
https://qz.com/1057123/dalai-lama-cancels-botswana-visit-but-ian-khama-stands-up-to-china/

More nuclear decapitation warnings will come from ChiCom monkeys.

How does it feel to be less developed, to have to work in worse conditions and earn less, to have less access to electricity and running water, as well as less medical care and be less likely to be literate than monkeys?

Because that comment is exactly what it means. China (reasonable to somewhat reasonable people) may say a lot of things about America, some true some less so, but we would never degrade America, because in doing so, we are degrading ourselves, since we are not better than they are.

If you truly want to say things like this, it's simple, be better. Until then, know your role and shut your mouth.

Excuse me! Say what now!?
55,000. 8,000. Any questions? If you think for even a split second China has caught up or in any way close to the US, you are sadly mistaken.

Shanghai and Beijing maybe great, but there is 1.3 billion more out there. It's not as terrible as some like to pretend, but if you think the only thing Americans have access to is food, and utilities, you are badly mistaken.

In terms of military, don't ever confuse F-35 with J-20. J-20 is a huge step up for China, it's brought China within striking distance of America, but it's still Mayweather Mcgregor, where Mayweather will brush him aside as he always does. The only reason F-35 is called a failure in any way is because its goals are astronomical.

As is Chinese engines and Indian ones, yes China has problems, but having problems is miles ahead of non existent. That's why Indians who talk shit about Chinese engines are morons and don't deserve the time of day.

don't make that mistake.

55,000. 8,000. Any questions?
It would be more accurate to quote the PPP figure, but your point is taken. And no, I don't think China is even close to matching the US -- what a horrifying thought, it would mean that this is the zenith of China's strength and development. This incarnation of China has barely begun, and just look at the heartburn it's already causing.

I have just one question: Do you actually think those numbers matter? China is a millennia old civilization, and it's had fumbles that have lasted longer than America existed. It's just that you've had the misfortune to be alive during the tail end of one of those fumbles, but one lifetime is just a blip in the grand sweep of China's history. China will return to the prominence and stature it has always enjoyed; if not today, then tomorrow.

Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Beijing are not special -- they are just tantalizing glimpses of the future. In my lifetime, every city in China will look as they do.

And I do not confuse the F-35 with the J-20. That's impossible because I know what the J-20 will become once its WS-15's are ready: a monster with the stealth and speed of an F-22 coupled to the sensor fusion and network capabilities of an F-35. I'm very impatient to see that happen; but in the grand sweep of history, a few years for an engine to move into production is meaningless.

There are mistakes I make, and perhaps my faith in China is one such mistake -- but I think that you shouldn't make the mistake of shortchanging the greatest civilization the world has ever known.

It would be more accurate to quote the PPP figure, but your point is taken. And no, I don't think China is even close to matching the US -- what a horrifying thought, it would mean that this is the zenith of China's strength and development. This incarnation of China has barely begun, and just look at the heartburn it's already causing.

I have just one question: Do you actually think those numbers matter? China is a millennia old civilization, and it's had fumbles that have lasted longer than America existed. It's just that you've had the misfortune to be alive during the tail end of one of those fumbles, but one lifetime is just a blip in the grand sweep of China's history. China will return to the prominence and stature it has always enjoyed; if not today, then tomorrow.

If it's tomorrow, then let us celebrate tomorrow. China's history is playing a big part in China's development. Zhang ZhiDong's famous saying. Western knowledge for use, Chinese for core.

The reason China has been able to ascend so quickly is preciously because of this, same reason Japan and Korea (two nation that shares this lineage) were also able to become great. East Asia is the only developed (really developed, not just oil rich and tiny) part of the world, sans Western world.

We can't see the future. For as much as we like to make fun of India's slow progress, C919 and engines faced just as much problems as their projects. (Though this is far bigger than anything they have.) The reason I mention this is just that, let the future become the present, or else we will only see what we want to see, and not what is actually there.

See Gordon Chang.

Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Beijing are not special -- they are just tantalizing glimpses of the future. In my lifetime, every city in China will look as they do.

Shanghai is special, now by no means does that mean it will be the only place where life is tolerable, but to have every city as Shanghai, then will life not be tolerable. Not every city in America is New York and LA. That's a good thing.

The true turning point will be when even a minor city will have a good standard of living. Maybe not Gucci and Patek, but certainly clean water and nice weather.

And I do not confuse the F-35 with the J-20. That's impossible because I know what the J-20 will become once its WS-15's are ready: a monster with the stealth and speed of an F-22 coupled to the sensor fusion and network capabilities of an F-35. I'm very impatient to see that happen; but in the grand sweep of history, a few years for an engine to move into production is meaningless.

There are mistakes I make, and perhaps my faith in China is one such mistake -- but I think that you shouldn't make the mistake of shortchanging the greatest civilization the world has ever known.

China cannot catch up to the US this iteration. That's just a fact. As the world's biggest economic power during and after WW2, America took time to catch up and pass Soviets militarily. People forget Soviets had the first satellite, first man in space, had jet fighters before the US and Soviet weaponry, be it small arms or tanks are way better than Shermans and whatever else. Even AK47 continue to be a better weapon than M16, and that was Vietnam.

Think about it this way, 1970s America 4th gen took to the air. First Chinese 4th gen came about in 2003. About 30 years after Americans.

Last year, the first of the J-20s entered service, F-22 entered service in 2005. About 10 years difference.

China has cut the time between induction by 60%. That is already crazy, considering the only other challenger is the Russians and they are not going to induct before 2020.

Really think, China is beating the Russians, the Russians! They gave us our first taste of modern aircraft.

What I believe will be likely is 6th gen, it is there that the difference in quantity and quality will be cut to such an extent that it will no longer make a difference.

China will catch up, but don't be impatient. It belittles the accomplishment if everyone can do it.

As the world's biggest economic power during and after WW2, America took time to catch up and pass Soviets militarily. People forget Soviets had the first satellite, first man in space, had jet fighters before the US and Soviet weaponry, be it small arms or tanks are way better than Shermans and whatever else. Even AK47 continue to be a better weapon than M16, and that was Vietnam.

America was ahead of Soviet Union in military technology in 1945
Soviets had a massive army. But they have nothing to match USAF & RAF.

China will catch up, but don't be impatient. It belittles the accomplishment if everyone can do it.
There's a lot of wisdom here. I've gotten so used to China conjuring up miracles that I've forgotten just how special and exceptional that is.

I agree with what you say -- although I still think you sell the J-20 short. But you're right, there will be plenty of time to celebrate when it has its WS-15's installed with serrated, thrust-vectoring nozzles. What a day that will be.

How does it feel to be less developed, to have to work in worse conditions and earn less, to have less access to electricity and running water, as well as less medical care and be less likely to be literate than monkeys?

What you are asking Indians is a tough question.

As for Mr. Tenzin's whereabouts, I guess he cancelled the said trip due to exhaustion.

Having to live in exile in India is one hell of a torture and the old former slave master uses every excuse to go go abroad.

I don't think Mr. Tenzin Gyatso will be making any recovery soon. He is old and frail. He spent the first half of his lifetime accumulating evil karma as a feudal slave-master, and the second half in exile as a fugitive from justice, never having to account for his crimes to his victims. I think he's about to kick the bucket soon.

Perhaps as punishment, he will be reincarnated in his next life as a toilet-deprived Hindu.

That's truth told brutally. :partay:

“We are not China’s colony” says Botswana over a controversial Dalai Lama visit
Lynsey Chutel
August 18, 2017
safrica-zuma.jpg

You threatening me? (Reuters/Siphiwe Sibeko)

Botswana president wants you to know that he is not intimidated by China. Ian Khama, president of the diamond-rich nation of less than two million people, stood up to the global power over the Dalai Lama’s planned visit to his county this week.

“We are not your colony,” was the money quote of Khama’s account of his diplomatic standoff with China in recent weeks.

The Dalai Lama was set to visit the capital Gaborone for Aug. 17 to 19, as part of what Botswana officials dubbed a “purely private” visit organized by the NGO Mind and Life Institute and the Botho University. Still, Khama was set to meet with the spiritual leader, riling the Chinese.

botswana-guardian.jpeg

A defiant exclusive.
“They told me things like the ambassador may be recalled, it would damage relations between Botswana and China that they would as China engage other African states to isolate Botswana,” Khama said in the Aug. 17 edition of the Botswana Guardiannewspaper.

Neither side got to test the other’s resolve after the Dalai Lama cancelled his trip late last week, citing exhaustion and a doctor’s recommendation to avoid long trips.

“So we assume he will make a speedy recovery and once he has recovered, he is of course welcome to come and visit Botswana,” Khama said defiantly. Chinese diplomats had earlier asked Botswana to “earnestly respect China’s core interests and make the correct political decision.”

Despite China’s warnings, Gaborone forged ahead with preparations for His Holiness’ visit. Gabz FM, one of the largest private radio stations in the country, ran regular advertisements for the live broadcast of the dialogue on “spirituality, science and humanity.”

In the Dalai Lama’s absence, the radio station still broadcast the three-day conference. Earlier this month, the Botswana Guardian newspaper published a glowing travel review of tourism to Tibet. The country’s media seems emboldened by the president’s stance that his country will not be bullied, sending the message that Botswana does not need China.

Botswana’s economy has stagnated as global commodity prices have dipped. The country needs to open up to more international investors that are interested in more than its diamonds. In the past, Botswana has benefitted from Chinese infrastructure development, but that usually comes with the recognition of the One China policy, and icing out Tibet. Hosting the Dalia Lama is a diplomatic and economic risk few African countries will dare.

It’s a gamble larger countries like South Africa have been too scared to take. Since Khama is stepping down next year, he won’t have to deal with the fallout of his diplomatic defiance.
https://qz.com/1057123/dalai-lama-cancels-botswana-visit-but-ian-khama-stands-up-to-china/

Comedy of the Day is even china knows this already Botswana FM already replayed to China when objected,

Here there is no relation Between India and and his visit, But some Ignorant person's can't digest the truth and can't handle the truth making comment about India to satisfy them self,
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:

Bostwana of all nations?

First issues with India on Doklam
Next bowing down to USA demands on NK issue
Now a new front on diplomatic headache in Africa.

Seems to be a three way screw-up for China.

Wonder if there will be fourth front in SCS and fifth one with Japan

Bostwana of all nations?

First issues with India on Doklam
Next bowing down to USA demands on NK issue
Now a new front on diplomatic headache in Africa.

Donald trump literally dragged them in to NK issue but they won't accept that and will manage with we done and doing this blablablablablabla:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom