What's new

"We signed Wind Tunnel Protocol cooperation with Pakistan's DESTO "- Turkish Aerospace

Muhammad Saftain Anjum

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Screenshot_20230727_111315.jpg

"May it be auspicious for our country and people " - Turkish Aerospace

What exactly does this deal mean?

Is it so Pakistan has access to utilise the Turkish wind tunnel or what?

That's....a very suspicious deal.

This sort of deal you don't sign unless something big is in the pipeline. Otherwise what is the windtunnel even going to be used for, jf not a major project?

This sort of deal you don't sign unless something big is in the pipeline. Otherwise what is the windtunnel even going to be used for, jf not a major project?
Wind tunnel will probably be used for testing of models for future projects

Well, anything that flies can be tested in a wind tunnel. Be it a small UAV, stand off weapon or otherwise. Nothing suspicious here.

Well, anything that flies can be tested in a wind tunnel. Be it a small UAV, stand off weapon or otherwise. Nothing suspicious here.
Sure, but what does Pakistan have that would require it? A small drone, sure, but that seems excessive since it would be flying subsonic and aerodynamics wouldn't be as important as say a fighter jet or advanced drone.

Sure, but what does Pakistan have that would require it? A small drone, sure, but that seems excessive since it would be flying subsonic and aerodynamics wouldn't be as important as say a fighter jet or advanced drone.
Why not?
Optimization of aerodynamics is useful for any project - would you not optimize an air launched supersonic cruise system for e.g?

Why not?
Optimization of aerodynamics is useful for any project - would you not optimize an air launched supersonic cruise system for e.g?
Sure, but the cost of using said wind tunnel would probably not be worth the effort on a small drone, which is likely already aerodynamic enough due to its size.

With a cruise missile, does Pakistan even have domestically produced super sonic cruise missiles? From what I know pretty much all are subsonic.

Anything less than a medium sized drone (re: shahpur 1 and 2) it wouldn't make much sense.

Anything less than a medium sized drone (re: shahpur 1 and 2) it wouldn't make much sense.
I think Shahpar 3 is a full fledged UAV with 40,000feet altitude and 40Hours endurance so we have reached at a point where we can start a new yet more sophisticated UAV
Anka 3 type UAV may be

Sure, but the cost of using said wind tunnel would probably not be worth the effort on a small drone, which is likely already aerodynamic enough due to its size.

With a cruise missile, does Pakistan even have domestically produced super sonic cruise missiles? From what I know pretty much all are subsonic.

I been told that the golf driver I use, has been to a wind tunnel.
So that the head doesn't create much drag and loss of speed when I am swinging it to hit the ball .
Marketing gimmick or reality, I don't know

When it is not your tunnel the costs are lower

Back
Top Bottom