What's new

Welcome To Pakistan

Did you smoke crack when you were in Peshawar or not? Because if you haven't than you haven't actually been there, you were just dreaming :omghaha:

Why are you putting down your own country? Whatever, just wanted to show pakistan in good light for once.

I define "Dheet" as a person who doesn't learn from mistakes/events, while as a nation I do categorize us as "Dheet" in making political choices, but regarding facing terrorist threats, economic, and natural disasters, I would credit the nation with having perseverance, resolve, and stubbornness. what do you say?

Infact there is no word for the type of dheetness we have :D

@Aeronaut

My dear, without the chest thumping, let me tell you a little personal story....some ten years earlier, i invested around $150,000 in property in Pakistan, now a developer is constantly bugging me with offers around $500.000......family are pushing me to sell up and transfer the cash.....but i'm being very Dheet...:D......but i wonder if the developer is pagal, resilient or very hopeful .:pakistan:

Talking purely from a RoI perspective. You could have invested that money in realty anywhere else - Dubai, Delhi or even Russia(St Petersburg, Moscow) and you would have gotten better returns - multiple times of what you got in Pakistan - 10 times your investment would not have been extraordinary in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking purely from a RoI perspective. You could have invested that money in realty anywhere else - Dubai, Delhi or even Russia(St Petersburg, Moscow) and you would have gotten better returns - multiple times of what you got in Pakistan - 10 times your investment would not have been extraordinary in India.
I know what you are saying but........
Living in UK with roots in Pakistan, these two countries were the best viable options ....just as well i opted for Pakistan since UK is still in recession and property market is in a slump..... through a merger some shares that were awarded to the members that steeped up to £12/ unit have now slumped to less than 50 Pence each.....makes you sick. !!

I know what you are saying but........
Living in UK with roots in Pakistan, these two countries were the best viable options ....just as well i opted for Pakistan since UK is still in recession and property market is in a slump..... through a merger some shares that were awarded to the members that steeped up to £12/ unit have now slumped to less than 50 Pence each.....makes you sick. !!

Quite understandable. If the option were between UK and Pakistan, the obvious answer would be Pakistan. Markets tanked quite badly in the West!

Though I understand why you would buy property in Pakistan, I would also like to know one thing if you can tell me. Why did you not buy in a place like Dubai?

Somewhere like India or Russia i can understand. In India, it is better to have your own or relatives presence to monitor the property as there as issues like Kabza and what not before buying - and if you are caught in something like this it may take a decade before the courts resolve it. India is pathetic in this. This same problem exists to a lesser degree in Russia

But why not in Dubai? Does Dubai also have similar scruples like India? I ask because though i know of the RoI property has yielded in Dubai, I dont know on the ground situation.

Quite understandable. If the option were between UK and Pakistan, the obvious answer would be Pakistan. Markets tanked quite badly in the West!

Though I understand why you would buy property in Pakistan, I would also like to know one thing if you can tell me. Why did you not buy in a place like Dubai?

Somewhere like India or Russia i can understand. In India, it is better to have your own or relatives presence to monitor the property as there as issues like Kabza and what not before buying - and if you are caught in something like this it may take a decade before the courts resolve it. India is pathetic in this. This same problem exists to a lesser degree in Russia

But why not in Dubai? Does Dubai also have similar scruples like India? I ask because though i know of the RoI property has yielded in Dubai, I dont know on the ground situation.

From what i understand that in Dubai, foreigners can't buy outright, rather they are given a 99 year lease or something.
Not sure what's the position now but at one time even Dubai property market was in a nose dive.....properties in the famous "The World" development, were at on time reportedly loosing their value by about £25,000/week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom