What's new

West vs East Pakistan - Separation debate on economical stand

You are having 30% of budget with country smaller than my district? Seriously you are complaining?
We today have a bigger budget (when converted to USD) than whole Pakistan. Obviously we would complain. We had more than half of the population. Live in denial as much as you like. BD, not once regretted being separated from Pakistan. And it probably will never do.

But we had more people then west Pakistan so per head actually we were getting less.
It wasn't about per head ……. You were one Province ……….. We had 4 others too ,,,,, And according to bnagli members on PDF West Pakistan was poor and as so West Pakistani so, does that not mean they automatically require more funds ?????

SO one Province name East Pakistan(bangal) got 30% …………. What you want full 100%%%%%%%%%%% Keep in mind East Pakistan was one dam Province of Pakistan/Not whole Pakistan …… We also have Punjab , Sindh , Baluchistan , N.W.F.P...…
That province had more than half the population. Why disregard this fact?

But we had more people then west Pakistan so per head actually we were getting less.

So why are you blaming this on us? See the chart posted by @Mage at time of ayub khan the sending is 48% and before him all presidents and PM came from east Pakistan. Blame us for ayub era and at that time these all projects were given to you. Iskendar Mirza was from east.

And do you agree on the disproportionate spending?
Considering land mass...East got 30% ....and all of West (much larger in size) had to divide 70% among itself! Lets also not forget that There is also data that West had fewer schools and infrastructure so it does make sense that more would be spent to make it up to par!

That is true....you were more crowded...HOWEVER, more developed!

My guess is that more was poured to develop West coz East already had a few things West was lacking...

Considering land mass...East got 30% ....and all of West (much larger in size) had to divide 70% among itself! Lets also not forget that There is also data that West had fewer schools and infrastructure so it does make sense that more would be spent to make it up to par!

Please look at his own posted data they are getting above 40% and in a place where population is dense so the rural development is less.

SO WHAT ??????????? One province got 30% shear according to you !!!!!!!! What you want whole 100%? Even if you got 100% you might still crying here ………

So what ? You are lesser in seize (Area) , and even you say that East Pakistan was more developed and West lack basic infrastructure ,,,, Doesn't that justify more spending on West (70% in Area with 4 Provinces and AJK)

We today have a bigger budget (when converted to USD) than whole Pakistan.
THAT is now! You cant expect magic when you newly get independence! PLUS the previous PM were from EAST, Shouldnt you question them?

Be polite and answer with logic and reasoning!

I am facing the same problems!
let me know where I am not polite and without reason …….. before deleting post , so I can work on it , Things move to fast and hard for me to catch up. ..... Please . thanks a lot

Then for the love of God, tell me, do you guys spend more in Punjab or do you spend more in Baluchistan? What logic you are trying to give here?

Well this thread has proven economics cannot be blamed for separation now what?
This has proven nothing. Unless you explain the disparity and the spendings.

@Joe Shearer when you are online, please post here. I cannot explain things as clearly as you do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom