What's new

West vs East Pakistan - Separation debate on economical stand

It doesn't have the per capita spend there.
It has more than enough facts there.
When I get hold of per capita I will post but per capita is a much recent trend so it will not be available.

In the cost of connecting Karachi with Islamabad you can carpet whole Bangladesh. So be realistic and yet they were getting higher sum of money.

My dear friend Bangladesh is densely populated and distance between 2 cities is very less. In west Pakistan just to connect Islamabad with Karachi you need 20x more resources than to connect Dhaka with chittagong. You sneeze on one side of Bangladesh and by the time you look up country ends.

Oh, is that right?

I am learning about Bangladesh very rapidly. Thank you for your inputs.

It is easy to foresee the highway model of development: funds assignment to a location is directly proportionate to the length of the roadways required.

And bugger the people. In a macabre kind of way, this is what finally happened.

It has more than enough facts there.
When I get hold of per capita I will post but per capita is a much recent trend so it will not be available.

In the cost of connecting Karachi with Islamabad you can carpet whole Bangladesh. So be realistic and yet they were getting higher sum of money.

Who said that it was preferable to connect Karachi to Islamabad rather than addressing people's welfare in East Pakistan?

@Joe Shearer Bangladesh is densely populated few facilities can cater more people just like manila Philippines where 60% population lives in one city.

In west population was more spread and this required more facilities and in that regard they were getting more than they were producing. Moving on to current date Hassian govt is still looking at world bank for coastal embankment where as Pakistan did it for them. The development of joint Pakistan era cannot be matched by even current day Bangladesh because of inflation. They are unable to take on that type of projects.

When Bangladesh was under Pakistan they got dams, now they are under India and they are not even getting theirs share of water.

Oh, is that right?

I am learning about Bangladesh very rapidly. Thank you for your inputs.

It is easy to foresee the highway model of development: funds assignment to a location is directly proportionate to the length of the roadways required.

And bugger the people. In a macabre kind of way, this is what finally happened.

Who said that it was preferable to connect Karachi to Islamabad rather than addressing people's welfare in East Pakistan?

The development happens with each citizen getting his due share equally. In that case Bengali were getting and people in west were getting much less share regards to them.

Just like in India now south earns more foreign dividend but north keeps more share even though population is south is equal to north.

Same can be said about current day Pakistan but yet Bangladesh was getting more than its due share.

In 1962 /64 west Pakistan was importing more than India China and Malaysia.

You made that one sticky then this should be sticky as well @Dubious
You asked for a thread ban [meaning you knew you were derailing] yet you refuse to walk out...I have already tweaked out this thread for your purpose of needing to bring in economical budget and crying about "the injustice" without considering 4 provinces getting 70% while 1 getting a full on 30%...And if you think it is unjust, why didnt your parents question the ruling party who were from the East?

You asked for a thread ban [meaning you knew you were derailing] yet you refuse to walk out...I have already tweaked out this thread for your purpose of needing to bring in economical budget and crying about "the injustice" without considering 4 provinces getting 70% while 1 getting a full on 30%...And if you think it is unjust, why didnt your parents question the ruling party who were from the East?
I deleted my post after seeing what you did in that thread...you didn't need to reply to this. Ban me if I'm breaking any rules. And be done with it.

@Atlas What did I tell you at the beginning of the thread? :lol:
Yes derailed by none other than one from BD.... :coffee:

I deleted my post after seeing what you did in that thread...you didn't need to reply to this. Ban me if I'm breaking any rules. And be done with it.
When you are asking for a ban, you know you are doing something wrong...Otherwise no sane person does so!
If you cant restrain yourself why should I bother...

I am not going to moderate this thread so you are free to run wild and catch the attention of another mod! :enjoy:

You made that one sticky then this should be sticky as well @Dubious

That is an informative thread based on actual development. This is debate let's keep it civilised and constructive and to the logic it might get sticky as well. Don't troll and give genuine arguments and we can manage good threads on pdf.

:rofl:

So now a butt-hurt is trying to excuse the exploitation of BD by claiming that it is smaller than some provinces in Pakistan!

Dudes, BD's economy is about to overtake Pakistan now from being around 50% of the size just over 10 years ago. This with a population 80% the size as well. That is all the ample proof needed how BD was being held back by being part of Pakistan from 1947-1971.

Last edited:
:rofl:

So now a butt-hurt is trying to excuse the exploitation of BD by claiming that it is smaller than some provinces in Pakistani!

Dudes, BD's economy is about to overtake Pakistan now from being around 50% of the size just over 10 years ago. This with a population 80% the size as well. That is all the ample proof needed how BD was being held back by being part of Pakistan from 1947-1971.

Good keep up the progress we gave you all the needed infrastructure.

A Muslim brother in progress is good.

@PakSword

East Pakistan economically was much cheaper than west Pakistan. Film industry thrived there and was made in half the cost in Lahore.

Pakistan even at that time paid more zakat and less taxes.

East Pakistan was overpopulated sh*thole with little to zero resources. Cotton was all shipped from West Pakistanto keep its industry running.

Bengali meritocracy was huge chunk of Karachi middle class and did well in govt. services and air force.
They were less represented according to their population but unlike indian muslims did'nt live in segregated ghettoes or unlike Rohingyas stripped off bank accounts or passports. In India also Muslims have issues making passports without high post referrals. Bengalis wanted huge NFC award to shift some industry[textiles] to East Pakistan. Power issues were also rampant. Dhaka was much more cleaner, less crowded and less corrupt under East Pakistan govt.

Pakistan Govt. twice refused Malaysia and North African country [Libya] to ship Pakistanis to do sanitation jobs there. It all changed once Bangladesh was built. These are images of 1967. Many of the streets have been renamed but infrastructure remained same for most till the 90s and 2000s. Bangladesh also changed curriculum [on insistence of India] to brainwash and remove any positive approach of Pakistan in the area,

Street scene of Baitul Mukarram Market area, beside the G.P.O. Dhaka, Bangladesh (1967).jpg

Street scene of Dhaka (1960s) c.jpg

So a whole cpl developed threads just appeared and are pinned too (and are getting spillover reference in yet OTHER threads).... Imma have to catch up on all of this lol....feels like I missed the cool bus again :(

Ban me if I'm breaking any rules. And be done with it.

Suicide by cop again? Relax little bro.

Well I just went through everything really quickly, man what a mess.

Ppl will have to tag me specifically if they want my input. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom