What's new

What are you thankful for?

I know defence forums are supposed to be for debates but can we not debate/discuss irrelevant things on this topic -_-

It has been derailed.

I am thankful only to my parents, They are one of the hardest working people I know, always been very simple person and believes in simple living.

Where I am in life now is due to my parents, not religion/relatives/nationality. My family is not religious, religion has no role in way my parents brought me up. Being afraid of your god doesn't make you a good person. By birth, I'm half-Hindu and half-Sikh.

Way my parents brought me up would have been changed, if I was born in Pakistan in Muslim family? if at all? I don't think so.

More than being minds pure, our actions should be pure.

Being afraid of your god doesn't make you a good person. By birth, I'm half-Hindu and half-Sikh.

Yes, but won't fear of God make you avoid bad deeds and do good things?

Anyway, good parents (and parents at all) are something I, and many others (like you), are thankful of!

1) All thanks to Allah... The Creator

Thats all

Yes, but won't fear of God make you avoid bad deeds and do good things?

Think about it this way, what kind of God is God if in your mind he's a tyrant.

Fear hold you back on being what you ought to be. Don't tiptoe around your life. God doesn't want us to live in fear, God is not a fearful making creator.

Hall & Oats

They really do make my dreams come true, i also like when sara smiles.

Thankful to god for calculating proper latitude & longitude (India) and rewarding my previous good work (karma). Small miscalculation could have been fatal.

Thankful to the "Internet" without which we wouldn't have been able to discuss on the topic of discussion :cheers:

We need more positive threads around here :cool:

So, in general I am thankful for everything God has given me... to list them, I'd say:

1. Religion (Islam)
2. Health (no disabilities)
3. Enough money to live a good life, we often take this for granted
4. Nationality (pakistani!)
5. My family and their health
6. Education
7. Where I am living right now
8. Every little thing that made my life good alhamdullilah.

So, what are you thankful for?

Religion 1st! ? :cheesy:
Pakistan 4th!
:eek::eek::eek:

Think about it this way, what kind of God is God if in your mind he's a tyrant.

Fear hold you back on being what you ought to be. Don't tiptoe around your life. God doesn't want us to live in fear, God is not a fearful making creator.

No, I mean, through fearing doing bad things of God, you love Him. I am very thankful of God. It's not about living in fear.

Think about it. Would you avoid doing bad things for someone you love?

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Religion 1st! ? :cheesy:
Pakistan 4th!
:eek::eek::eek:

Oh, sorry, I meant Pakistan 2nd.

But yes, religion first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom