4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

8.jpg

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 16
Inverted fir tree root design, this is similar to what KWU/BHEL designed High pressure turbines have for steam turbines.
I have two questions here:
1. Do jet engines too have concept of rotary and station blades as we have in steam turbines?
2. What are those oval holes (running axially) along the outer curvature of blade? Haven't seen these in Steam turbines.
@acetophenol @Dillinger @MilSpec

Dilasa....ki agla saal clearance mile jaye gi.....:sick::sick::sick:

Inverted fir tree root design, this is similar to what KWU/BHEL designed High pressure turbines have for steam turbines.
I have two questions here:
1. Do jet engines too have concept of rotary and station blades as we have in steam turbines?
2. What are those oval holes (running axially) along the outer curvature of blade? Haven't seen these in Steam turbines.
@acetophenol @Dillinger @MilSpec

1.Yes,jet engine compressors have rotating blades and stationary vanes
2. Those oval holes is put to create a cover of cool air (600+ degree Celsius :p) over the blades.

P.S: I am no expert and will be happy to be corrected:-)

despite great promise and expectations this project has been delayed beyond any reasonable explanations

RLG-INS.jpg

^^^Not exactly from the LCA Project, though.........................

despite great promise and expectations this project has been delayed beyond any reasonable explanations

Delays are there, no doubt. But in no way its a failed project as some members like to picture. Its more like a student scoring a 85 out of 100 when he is capable of scoring a 100 out of 100. And every one has their mistakes in it,ADA,HAL,IAF,GoI

Back
Top Bottom