What's new

What in the world is happening in Sri Lanka now?

Paul2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello gentlemen, the arc of instability is growing across the world, and now across the South Asia.

Through my channels of people doing infra projects in Sri Lanka, I hear of somebody in the govt trying to use the popular opposition to launch a move on Rajapaksa.

I cannot trust them, and need a confirmation from somebody else.

Hello gentlemen, the arc of instability is growing across the world, and now across the South Asia.

Through my channels of people doing infra projects in Sri Lanka, I hear of somebody in the govt trying to use the popular opposition to launch a move on Rajapaksa.

There in an economic crisis due to food and material costs going up along with lack of wages and jobs. There were protests and burning going on.

Upvote 0
Sri Lankan government has declared emergency and curfew. India is providing emergency diesel supply to calm people.

I think that this government will not last if IMF deal is not secured. The question is, what can the anti American Srilankan government offer uncle Sam in return? :unsure:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sri Lankan government has declared emergency and curfew. India is doing emergency diesel supply to calm people.

I think that this government will not last if IMF deal is not secured. The question is, what can the anti American Srilankan government offer uncle Sam in return? :unsure:
Nothing.

Hoist by their own petard.

Upvote 0

Sri-Lanka's economic woes are self inflicted.

its not the lender's fault that the Sri-Lankan president used the money on Blackjack and cocaine...

Upvote 0
Sri Lankan government has declared emergency and curfew. India is providing emergency diesel supply to calm people.

Uncle Sam is drowning himself...

Upvote 0
Last one year in our neighborhood
Taliban takeover in Afghanistan
Coup in Myanmar
Political crisis in Pak
Economic collapse in SL

Upvote 1
Last one year in our neighborhood
Taliban takeover in Afghanistan
Coup in Myanmar
Political crisis in Pak
Economic collapse in SL
I was going to say “Tera kya hoga kaaliya?” But then remembered the communal havoc in India

Upvote 0
I was going to say “Tera kya hoga kaaliya?” But then remembered the communal havoc in India
India has had a communal history since partition, but in normal life it never is an issue. In most cases everyone live their lives normally. If you think even at worse a thousand cases of communal violence in a country with almost 1.4 bn people will cause anything considerable then you’re wrong.

Upvote 1
India has had a communal history since partition, but in normal life it never is an issue. In most cases everyone live their lives normally. If you think even at worse a thousand cases of communal violence in a country with almost 1.4 bn people will cause anything considerable then you’re wrong.
1649221646719.png

1649221720145.png

Upvote 0

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom