What's new

What is behind India’s “neutrality”?

So India is buying massive weapons for the purpose to be taken as important military player by US or China in future?

and at the same time Indians think that these two countries namely US and China will be weak enough NOT to handle Indian power.

So just a small question will India surpass these in power and led them instead of being led by them?

At this time, it is too early for India to think about or talk about surpassing either US or China.

India needs to put its head down for the next decade or two and build on its military power and economic growth. India has got too much attention going on her unlike China whose power was seen only in 2000s and was allowed to grow without getting much focus on her for more than 20 years(i.e since the reforms started in 1978)

India needs to learn to build its own weapons instead of banking on russia. This should be the most imp policy of India. Rest comes after. We can't build our own assault riffle and talk about competing with China and America who are now flying top notch fighter jets.
You are reasonable enough to be the presiden of IndIa. Nice read.

Karan21 is a humble and smart Indian, he is respected due to deep foresight in the future. If He was the Indian President,, you will be better off now.

@karan21 - Bro - you were taken for a ride by @KS earlier but I couldn't avoid it myself - Do you want to be another Pratibha Patil? :P
My advice, STFU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karan21 is a humble and smart Indian, he is respected due to deep foresight in the future. If He was the Indian President,, you will be better off now.

My advice, STFU.

My advice back to you - do not make a fool of yourself if you do not understand Indian Governmental setup. So the better option for you is STFU.

@karan21 - Bro - you were taken for a ride by @KS earlier but I couldn't avoid it myself - Do you want to be another Pratibha Patil? :P
Lol I don't wanna be President of India and make free tips to foreign countries. Screw it I am better of as a normal Indian.

My advice, STFU.

Calm down my frnd. I am not even 1% capable to be the President of Republic of India. This is no rocket science that India needs to build its own assault riffle before talking about competing with present and new superpower.

I see China with a lot of respect. I am admirer of all the cool stuff that China is today building at skyrocketing speeds like HSR, fighters, bridges etc etc. So before equating India and China I would like India to do something similiar. Thats all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I don't wanna be President of India and make free tips to foreign countries. Screw it I am better of as a normal Indian.

Do not need normal Indian. Need you to take up a powerful position within the government or be an enterpreneur and come up with something innovative rather than the being a mere rubberstamp as it does not suit you.

量阿三之物力,结与国之心欢。欺负弱小,媾和强国,戳朋友后背。这就是所谓的中立政策。

അല്*പന് അര്*ദ്ധം കിട്ടിയാല്* അര്*ദ്ധരാത്രിയും കുട പിടിക്കും

Do not need normal Indian. Need you to take up a powerful position within the government or be an enterpreneur and come up with something innovative rather than the being a mere rubberstamp as it does not suit you.

Lol taking a position in the politics. Dude this is 21 century and 90% of Indian politicians are not even computer literate. These people talk about running a country and foreign policy. They claim to compete with China which is now world leader in almost everything. I would definitely not wanna sit among such backward idiots.

India needs a strong foreign policy which is not possible until we are capable enough to take care of ourselves. Everytime a Russian comes to India they take away 5 Bill$ worth of deals. Shows how much we are capable to take care of ourselves.

“India is responsible for the entire territory from the Suez Canal to Singapore"
[...]
India’s military program is not as “peaceful” as its authorities are trying to depict
[...]
Russia [...] main interest there is stability and peaceful development. For this, Russia is actively cooperating with India in many spheres, including the military one.

Out of the mouths of babes...

Lol taking a position in the politics. Dude this is 21 century and 90% of Indian politicians are not even computer literate. These people talk about running a country and foreign policy. They claim to compete with China which is now world leader in almost everything. I would definitely not wanna sit among such backward idiots.

India needs a strong foreign policy which is not possible until we are capable enough to take care of ourselves. Everytime a Russian comes to India they take away 5 Bill$ worth of deals. Shows how much we are capable to take care of ourselves.

So you are going to let the fools dictate a meek foreign policy instead of the newer generation taking things in their hands? If you see the trend, till 1960s the remaining freedom fighters who were idealists ruled India(forget about the follies of Nehru) and the crooks took over the power from 1970s and started the ayaram gayaram politics and corruption became a norm. The main reason was almost half the population being in poverty. Now we have gotten over from those days and seeing an economic growth - Are we going to let the corrupt inepts rule India? Especially with the middleclass growing and the population of gullible poor reducing?
No mate - this is new India. Lets not resign ourselves and allow the corrupt uneducated politicians(computer illiterates as well) rule India.

So you are going to let the fools dictate a meek foreign policy instead of the newer generation taking things in their hands? If you see the trend, till 1960s the remaining freedom fighters who were idealists ruled India(forget about the follies of Nehru) and the crooks took over the power from 1970s and started the ayaram gayaram politics and corruption became a norm. The main reason was almost half the population being in poverty. Now we have gotten over from those days and seeing an economic growth - Are we going to let the corrupt inepts rule India? Especially with the middleclass growing and the population of gullible poor reducing?
No mate - this is new India. Lets not resign ourselves and allow the corrupt uneducated politicians(computer illiterates as well) rule India.

Yaar there are 350 Million+ kids of my age in India. Many of them will come forward to lead India. :P Spare me. I got different aims.

1. To appreciate the lead write-up, it is essential that one reads The India by Al Beruni and The Arthasastra by Katulya / Chanokkya. India is essentially a state which represents the rise of Hinduism in SA after remaining subjugated for millenniums.

2. India was never neutral or non-aligned. When adversity struck Nehru begged the Americans to help. Later it was the Soviets that had monopoly over India's friendship. And now, only will fail to see that India is very much in the US pocket through various covert/overt agreements, trade deals, defense procurement deals, MOUs regarding nuclear weapons and non-military uses, FDIs, WB/IMF deals, etc.

3. No India was never neutral and is not neutral now. The goals of Akhand Bharat, Ram Rjya, etc does not allow her to remain neutral.

Back
Top Bottom