What's new

What is SAP? and what certification to start with for a newbie in the field?

Ghareeb_Da_Baal

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok guys so i am very good with computer hardware & software.
I completed A+ for fun a while ago but did not take the test .

I am being told that there is a lot of opportunity in SAP.
My concern is that having no prior background ( work related)
in IT etc , Is it worth spending the $$$ of training?

What are different levels of certifications & which one can one study
to get the foot in the door?

Your input is much appreciated but pls keep it simple!

Thanks!

If you have just passed Comptia A+

You should go for Cisco CCNA and then Cisco CCNP. If you still have some time then go for Comptia RFID+ and if more time left then Server+

find a job and start working. If you have more time then go for some microsoft courses like MCSE or MISSP :D

Trust me RFID+ is going to be very interesting subject and you will have plenty of job opportunities in future

or last option is go for professional course like CS and not these certificates

Hi I am an SAP developer working for HP , I dont think certification is mandatory it helps but not absolutly necessary,first choose which part of SAP you are looking into coz SAP is an ocean there are sooooooooooooo many modules and technologies

by the way welcome to wonderful world of SAP and all the best

feel free to ping me anytime for queries:cheers:

If you have just passed Comptia A+

You should go for Cisco CCNA and then Cisco CCNP. If you still have some time then go for Comptia RFID+ and if more time left then Server+

find a job and start working. If you have more time then go for some microsoft courses like MCSE or MISSP :D

Trust me RFID+ is going to be very interesting subject and you will have plenty of job opportunities in future

or last option is go for professional course like CS and not these certificates

Z, I was just now looking into Comptia RFID+ & Server.
I am keeping my options open as to which korus to eventually take. it does seem very interesting!

Hi I am an SAP developer working for HP , I dont think certification is mandatory it helps but not absolutly necessary,first choose which part of SAP you are looking into coz SAP is an ocean there are sooooooooooooo many modules and technologies

by the way welcome to wonderful world of SAP and all the best

feel free to ping me anytime for queries:cheers:

Sravan, I tried to search regarding the modules. Having no prior info on sap, i was totally clueless. How does one decide which module? is there an easy way to figure out various aspects of SAP to make it easy for a newbie? What is the most basic cert for Sap?
Thanks.

Z, I was just now looking into Comptia RFID+ & Server.
I am keeping my options open as to which korus to eventually take. it does seem very interesting!

RFID+ is a very interesting course yaar it has a huge potential in Pakistan once we properly start using this technology in different sectors.

You can use this technology anywhere i don't know if Pakistan is using this technology in passports or not but if they did consider lots of new jobs and improvement in our passports. It will be very difficuilt to make fake passports. They can use this technology in Identity cards, driving licences and other kind of important documents. Wiki says
# RFID is being used for E - Tolling in Motorways, Pakistan, Implemented by NADRA.

Its a must have certificate if you are to live in Pakistan and work in IT sector that has something do with Comptia or Cisco

RFID+ is a very interesting course yaar it has a huge potential in Pakistan once we start using this technology in different sectors.

You can use this technology anywhere i don't know if Pakistan is using this technology in passports or not but if they did consider lots of new jobs and improvement in our passports. It will be very difficuilt to make forge passports. They can use this technology in Identity cards, driving licences and other kind of important documents. Wiki says

Its a must have certificate if you are to live in Pakistan and work in IT sector.

Z man I am in USA.....................

Take an example of these Animals using RFID technology :rofl:

There is a large scope of jobs in Pakistan in this sector

Z man I am in USA.....................

good............. then study Accounting or business managament.

IT is not the right course for you.........its very difficuilt to get a job in IT sector with good wages in West/Europe

Hey, can anyone tell me, how much math is involved in computer science??

because i suck at math. and i am really worried, if i will be able to get at least bachelor in computer science.

Also is Computer science same as Computer forensics???

Since i want to work for FBI/CIA, How can i get into that??

IT is not the right course for you.........its very difficuilt to get a job in IT sector with good wages in West/Europe

Seriously??? :undecided:

i live in US and i think IT is good. i am high school student, so i may not know much.

Seriously??? :undecided:

i live in US and i think IT is good. i am high school student, so i may not know much.

There is too much competition in european countries in IT sector. It is not easy to get a job here in IT sector. You can get one if you have CS degree but it is not easy to get a job only on certifications (which is not a qualification).

no no , there is lots of potential in IT in North America and Europe but it depends on what field you choose in IT. Telecom related IT is quite slow right now but supply chain management and ERP is very hot, specially with companies looking to reduce cost and substitute man power with technology. I myself started with a basic degree in software Engineering, then branched out into ERP, did my SAP certifications in SCM modules, got my PM certification and then did a masters in Information Systems. Now i work in Supply Chain Management as a purchaser. There is a lot of scope but you have to choose your field properly, dont follow the herd.

Back
Top Bottom