What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be a buffoon majesticpankaj. There's NUST in Islamabad. As far as wealth goes, that's already discussed. We're talking about GDP per capita, and how the wealth is distributed. Also terrorist attacks in Islamabad are rare. I think the last one was over a year ago.

Don't be a buffoon majesticpankaj. There's NUST in Islamabad. As far as wealth goes, that's already discussed. We're talking about GDP per capita, and how the wealth is distributed. Also terrorist attacks in Islamabad are rare. I think the last one was over a year ago.

Don't forget about Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology and Shifa College of Medicine. But why bother with this information, its not going to make a difference to these people.

U both don't need to act as Buffoon.. Delhi's population is 1.5 cr and its gdp is greater than the pakistan.. now do some simple maths. Delhi has great Infra especially after CWG. Delhi metro is the best transportation system in south asia. T3 just google it. Having a lot of historial monuments and buildings. some 25 lakhs foreign tourists come to delhi every year. World class education institues are in delhi (AIIMS, IIT, FMS, JNU )...Oh by the way pakistan is very rich country so I admit the slum thing.

U both don't need to act as Buffoon.. Delhi's population is 1.5 cr and its gdp is greater than the pakistan.. now do some simple maths. Delhi has great Infra especially after CWG. Delhi metro is the best transportation system in south asia. T3 just google it. Having a lot of historial monuments and buildings. some 25 lakhs foreign tourists come to delhi every year. World class education institues are in delhi (AIIMS, IIT, FMS, JNU )...Oh by the way pakistan is very rich country so I admit the slum thing.

No one said that Delhi isn't a nice city but you and other indian members are making a mockery out of Islamabad without even knowing anything about it or even having been there ( i'm not surprised though considering the type of people here)

Anyways if I wanted to go to a city with historical monuments and culture then Lahore would be the place to go.

No one said that Delhi isn't a nice city but you and other indian members are making a mockery out of Islamabad without even knowing anything about it or even having been there.

Anyways if I wanted to go to a city with historical monuments and culture then Lahore would be the place to go.

ok..... Just see JANA's post ...she said that we are better in everything compare to delhi.. so I responded and just posted the facts. and why are u bringing lahore as we are discussing the capital city..

Ontopic I think colombo is best

for me it's Delhi, Delhi
has grown to be a multicultural,
cosmopolitan metropolis. Its
rapid development and
urbanisation, coupled with the
relatively high average income of
its population has transformed
Delhi into a major cultural,
political, and commercial centre...

So thats why billions went missing - and india was humiliated around the world because of poor planning.

^^^^^ By the way, this is how you organize an international competition. Kudos to our Chinese brothers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So thats why billions went missing - and india was humiliated around the world because of poor planning.

^^^^^ By the way, this is how you organize an international competition. Kudos to our Chinese brothers.

what abou u bro... not even able to organise a cricket match...ooops sorry how u can organise as nobody wants to come there and play..my mistake... by the way how does it feel to get stripped of world cup??? and hey CWG was successful :cheers:

well it is reality that ISLAMABAD is very clean and airy.
when u enters in it you feels the difference.

Yeah we organised many cricket matches, we even had the '96 World Cup Final - and made Sri Lanka feel like they were playing in Columbo.

CWG was not successful - in fact with the amount of corruption and poor facilities it let india down badly in what was supposed to be your coming out party.

CWG was nothing compared to the Beijing Olympics.

This thread is about South Asia. You can compare CWG with some sporting event Pakistan has conducted.

I don't know how you can judge cities without having any criteria.

Cities are judged based on tourism, business opportunity, GDP, Transportation and health facilities, education, cleanliness, weather, local culture, restaurants and street food, safety.

Except for weather, cleanliness and probably safety, Delhi is far ahead of Islamabad. Even in these criteria, Islamabad is ahead because it is much smaller and far less populated. Frankly how many people would want to travel to Islamabad? Delhi hosts millions of tourists each year . The only South Asian restaurant to be featured in top 50 by restaurant magazine is in Delhi. Has a world class air port and Metro system. Has the best medical facilities hosting hundreds and thousands of medical tourists each year.

By GaWC ranking, Delhi falls under Beta + category and Islamabad is under Gamma- . Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai and Karachi are ahead of Islamabad.

Global city - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This thread is about South Asia. You can compare CWG with some sporting event Pakistan has conducted.

Cities are judged based on tourism, business opportunity, GDP, Transportation and health facilities, education, cleanliness, weather, local culture, restaurants and street food, safety.

Except for weather, cleanliness and probably safety, Delhi is far ahead of Islamabad. Even in these criteria, Islamabad is ahead because it is much smaller and far less populated. Frankly how many people would want to travel to Islamabad? Delhi hosts millions of tourists each year . The only South Asian restaurant to be featured in top 50 by restaurant magazine is in Delhi. Has a world class air port and Metro system. Has the best medical facilities hosting hundreds and thousands of medical tourists each year.

By GaWC ranking, Delhi falls under Beta + category and Islamabad is under Gamma- . Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai and Karachi are ahead of Islamabad.

Increasingly Pakistanis are alluding to Chinese achievements as their own achievements. They have nothing to compare themselves with India. But I am happy with this turn around though. At least they are comparing us with a country we all aspire to and take great inspiration from.

Increasingly Pakistanis are alluding to Chinese achievements as their own achievements. They have nothing to compare themselves with India. But I am happy with this turn around. At least they are comparing us with a country we all aspire to and take great inspiration from.

yaa...pakistanis are seem to be hiding behind chinese achievemnets. why???

Increasingly Pakistanis are alluding to Chinese achievements as their own achievements. They have nothing to compare themselves with India. But I am happy with this turn around. At least they are comparing us with a country we all aspire to and take great inspiration from.

Isn't passing judgement much easier than actually doing anything?

Add to it the number of expatriates working in delhi and surrounding areas,Gudgaon is rising as the Detroit of South Asia,The national capital region of Delhi had more than a Gdp of 168 billion $$,it is a buzzing metropolis,were does Islamabad stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom