What's new

what kind of East Asian Community we need ?

AMOY

New Recruit

Reaction score
East Asian Community is a coalition of East Asian countries have close cultural, ethnic. in Japan and South Korea ,china is not a problem. Perhaps coupled with a Southeast Asian countries. However, if combined with India, the United States, Australia, then became neither fish nor fowl, it can not be called East Asian Community. The EU will never accept a not a European country, even if Turkey is not OK, so the East Asian Community must be the East asia + Southeast Asia

YES, IT CAN BE FORMED BUT IT DEPENDS ON WHO LEAD THE COMMUNITY. SEE THE JAPANESE ATTITUDE AND ACTIVENESS IN BEING THE LEADING ROLE, WILL OTHER VICTIMS OF WW2 ACCEPT?? LEAVE ALONE NS KOREAS AND CHINA IN PARTICULAR.

YES, IT CAN BE FORMED BUT IT DEPENDS ON WHO LEAD THE COMMUNITY. SEE THE JAPANESE ATTITUDE AND ACTIVENESS IN BEING THE LEADING ROLE, WILL OTHER VICTIMS OF WW2 ACCEPT?? LEAVE ALONE NS KOREAS AND CHINA IN PARTICULAR.

I have been away for a short hiatus, but I would like to share my thoughts on this matter.

The new government of Japan is very wise in being able to see the value of a united East Asian Community. In particular, the earlier this becomes a reality the better for Japan. China also is in the mood for this, but is not is such a hurry as Nippon. Regarding the Koreas, they too would benefit and love to be part.

Let me elaborate further: Japan's world influence and economy now rests solely in the hands of the Middle Kingdom, as it has been for THOUSANDS of years. I was told by an older Japanese fellow, that "Japan is run by businessmen, not politicians". All influential businessmen realize this reality -- and Japan's future is becoming increasingly dependent on China. Thus, 99% of Nihonjin welcome this new harmonious future.

Let's keep in mind that 98% of Japanese are not the same 'blood thristy' Imperialists of the past, and the remainder 2% have been pushed aside (though still pose a threat to world peace). With that in mind, we need to "forgive-yet-not-forget".

This EAC will be beneficial to all peoples. Expansion of EAC will naturally lead to ASEAN with Viet Nam being the best candidate (as it was a Chinese kingdom only a century ago!). The key lies in Viet Nam, which will open the doors to the rest of ASEAN. Pinoys are also good candidates as their warm affinity for their Oriental ancestors is very strong -- I grew up in a Pinoy neighborhood, went to school full of Pinoys, friends of many, MANY Pinoys, and talk to Pinoy strangers on work visas. Out of the ASEANS, Pinoys are most warm towards China and Japan and Korea. They also view themselves as Chinese descendents, and interestingly enough they don't harbor animosity (except towards Yankees).

:police:

let me make this very clear, China will never allow japan to lead this community (remeber ww2 and their idea of a Asian prosperity sphere?) with china's size and capability it will accept nothing less than the premiere power in east asia which it is well on its way to achieving.

I have been away for a short hiatus, but I would like to share my thoughts on this matter.

The new government of Japan is very wise in being able to see the value of a united East Asian Community. In particular, the earlier this becomes a reality the better for Japan.

Let me elaborate further: Japan's world influence and economy now rests solely in the hands of the Middle Kingdom, as it has been for THOUSANDS of years.

Out of the ASEANS, Pinoys are most warm towards China and Japan and Korea. They also view themselves as Chinese descendents, and interestingly enough they don't harbor animosity (except towards Yankees).

"Pinoys are most warm towards China and Japan and Korea"? Guess we'd never heard of Thailand. Pity.

"The new government of Japan is very wise in being able to see the value of a united East Asian Community."

He knows how to play up the game, that's all.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :cheers:

in the long run, china's advantage over japan will become even greater and the Japanese's inpatient on the leadership of east Asian community is understandable.

right now we should focus on economic and cultural issues and try to encourage japan and skorea as well to become more independent away from MD.

without china's anticipate the east community is nothing. so, in the short run, i think, sometimes, its maybe technically acceptable to let the Japanese or Norean stand in the front page to withstand US's suspiciousness and jealousy.

I think it's simple. Japan knows how to play the game and this will help him get more benefits (from US).
For China, it is not that important if the East Asian Community combined with India/US, etc. will become neither fish nor fowl.
What matters is that China should focus on developing.

Last edited:
See we have muslims for muslim countries. North eastern indian people for far east including China, we have south indians for sri lanka, we have bengalis for bangladesh.:victory:

Why not give us a chance to do honour.... :cheers:

Are you sure what you may do is honor?

well do you think we are capable enough to screw up with China, Japan, Korea at the same time.

Ok we are not genius but we also are not nuts.

See here in India if you do anything against any country apart from Pakistan there are always voices against it. So every country has support in India including China.

:china:

Back
Top Bottom