What's new

What mobile phone you own? How often do you change your smartphone?

How often do you change your phone?

• Less than a year

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Every year

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Every two years

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • More than two years

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Proudpakistaniguy

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
What smartphone you own? How many of you are actually obsessed of getting latest and best mobile phone out there and how often you change/upgrade your smartphones? Do you upgrade just to get the latest model of all popular mobile brands out there or you spend more money on latest gadgets because current model are not satisfying all your needs?

It seem people are struggling to keep one smartphone for many years unlike in past . Mobile companies are exploiting this desire of change so they are releasing new models each years with some slight changes. Do we really need all this raw power of latest processors, 6 or 8 GB RAM in smartphones or 128/256 GB internal storages or they just overkill ?

Dumbphone! Can I survive modern life with the original Nokia 3310?

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...vive-modern-life-with-the-original-nokia-3310

I have Huawei P9 its good on battery especially if i don't use Net too much. I used to change phones to get latest but not anymore all though i changed 2 phones due to over heat and one was broken + I use PDF and other websites through my phone.

I don't like to change my phone but when they became slow and unresponsive I have to, You can say every one and half year I change my phone.

Yesterday I bought HTC M9+ a budget phone.

Not fan of expensive toys but have to buy for family.

The constant changes in software, hardware and small life of smartphone are pushing people to buy them every 2 years because in that time cellphone became obsolete as vendor discontinue it's software support.

I am currently using Infinix Note 3 Pro and I find it good bang of the buck.

Probably every six months, usually go for the latest Android flagship , though my primary device is still my Iphone.

I have Huawei P9 its good on battery especially if i don't use Net too much. I used to change phones to get latest but not anymore all though i changed 2 phones due to over heat and one was broken + I use PDF and other websites through my phone.
I also have a Huawei, its Honor 6 plus, bought it in 2015 but now it has battery issue. Gonna replace it with iPhone soon, hopefully :yahoo:

iPhone6. I changed it last year, earlier I owned an iphone4.
I do not change mobile because its trendy but because apple products are worth their money. Nokia original keeps life simple but when you go out there are lot of apps on smartphones which make your life easy. For example my smartphone helps me check the sizes of objects sans any laser tape measurer, an app is enough. It also works as my GPS when I'm lost on the busy roads of Dubai.

Last edited:
I try to change my phone every 2 years.
In the last 2 years I have had some serious bad luck with phones and have gone through about 7 phones.

Pixel XL is working great for me right now

How is One plus 5.Any one using it post a review.

So I am the only one with S7 edge . I guess we all look different things when purchase smartphone but for me priority is battery life , camera, Sound quality . I don't care about CPU, GPU, RAM, internal storage. I am not fan of QHD screen either because i think 720p or 1080p is more than enough for 5 to 6 Inch screen

How is One plus 5.Any one using it post a review.
I think people used to purchase OnePlus because of reasonable price but now OnePlus 5 is not good value for money when cost £400 plus. Oneplus 5 design is just copy of apple lol

iphone 6S, change every 2 years.

Actually I used to change every 2 years because of android smartphones battery. Iphone 6S is good enough for 3-4 years.

iphone 6S, change every 2 years.

Actually I used to change every 2 years because of android smartphones battery. Iphone 6S is good enough for 3-4 years.
So most people upgrade phone after two years which is not bad. I don't know about other countries but mobile contracts in UK last for 24 years so people have option to get a new phone when they get new contract or upgrade previous one. I don't know why I don't like Iphones as they are just too simple for me.

Xiaomi Mi4 (Chinese iPhone) for past 2+yrs. and I have to say, it's been a workhorse and sustained an intentional hard slam or two in the wooden floor as well along with many soft landings on hard floors/tarmac. Most abused phone of mine, ever.

Used iPhones (from 2 to 5S) and Galaxy etc before.

Pondering over Nokia 3310 route to simplify life further .. will decide when current one crashes for good. Or maybe another Xiaomi phone, Mi5, as they are reasonably priced for outright purchase hence lower monthly sim-only contract cost.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom