What's new

What was the most important Empire in India's history?

What was the most important Empire in India's history?

• Total voters
^^^ You can't change the past. Whether it is right or wrong.

A woman is pregnant as a result of rape. She still carries a life. She shall treat that child as her own which is.

That's how history was made.

Looking back is only for those who regret.

yes neither do i have the time machine to do so i was just asking how could we indians consider it important when it was tragic definetly rape victim isnt going to say it was important day of her life

^^^ Sometime tragedy could have happy ending.

A child is a child to a woman though it was conceived through violence.

She will love that child and shall. The bond between the mother and child is unbreakable.

what was so big abt Sikh and Rajput empire?...never heard abt them.....and seems many real empires are missing...bad thread!

chhota bheem^^^^

I don't know and I don't care what ware the Brits' intentions.

The fact of the matter is railways were built, railway system was established.

The Indian people are still using it which benefit the country. Period.

^^^ Sometime tragedy could have happy ending.

A child is a child to a woman though it was conceived through violence.

She will love that child and shall. The bond between the mother and child is unbreakable.

Still it isnt going to be her important part of history it will be horror for her. what you are saying is future or to put it in better perspective life must go on.

^^^ You can't change the past. Whether it is right or wrong.

A woman is pregnant as a result of rape. She still carries a life. She shall treat that child as her own which is.

That's how history was made.

Looking back is only for those who regret.
Yup rape is bad but you can stand up ,like some take it their whole life and dsnt speakup against who rape them.now coming to your logic if you are equating railways to the child....see the thread is about empire ,you have the logic wrong stressing on something which is not relavent,again i ask do you why they built railways in the first place.

British Empire.

We wouldn't be speaking english and bashing each other if it weren't for them

I wonder why Romani/Gypsies get such a bad rep of being a bunch of thieves. That award should go to the Brits.

If we take the scale of regional dominance and effect on society in to account,certainly the British empire had played an enormous role in the history of the subcontinent. With their cunning expansionism policy and the introduction of western science,technology,literature and the idea of Renaissance the region underwent through an transformation during the late 17th Century.

But as an Indian,no matter how it has ill shaped itself today, the idea of democracy should be considered as a blessing and pride to us and most notably,none of the Monarchy could be attributed for this modern idea of a republic much before even Plato had envisaged of. The sixteen republics of Northern India namely Anga,Magadha,Kashi,Kaushala,Bajji,Malla,Cheti,Bansha,Kuru,Panchala,Matsa,Sursena,Asmaka,Avanti,Gandhara and Kamboja were the most prosperous republics remarkably shined in their contemporary ages. The power of Parishad during the Buddhist period was so extraordinary that it once rejected Asoka's verdict because it was not given in a written form. The idea of a system of court much resembling the Areopagus of Athene or Spartan Gerousia was the brotherly form of Mahallaka.

So for me,the biggest effective system which we Indians are enjoying today did came from a group of republics whose antiquity goes almost three thousand years back,and certainly not from any Monarchical/Empirical regime.

Last edited:
Where is the Mauryan Empire in the poll ??

It was without a doubt the most important Indian Empire in history .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom